The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

There certainly is 

I see it on the photo posted a couple of pages back.  It’s nowhere near the halfway line, so not surprised the BBC declined to use it.  Would be interesting to see our own in-house people use it as it would give us an idea of what it’s like.   Would hopefully be an improvement on the position in front of the main stand.   I guess it’s a question of whether the club can/are willing to insist the TV companies use it rather than a temporary position which blocks peoples view.

1 minute ago, Only me... said:

If you zoom into image a bit, media window is about 10 to 15 yards after seg fence,  not half way line if its the window i think.images.jpeg.5c6d5abff3152f282cf8eb3e83ec14da.jpeg

I did say it was not on the halfway line and that’s why they did not want it , I said it was between the gaps and the hospitality as a fan was not aware of where it was , can’t get why fans are criticising club for not building a gantry for a facility that is only guaranteed to be used twice a year , it could only go where Hospitality boxes are and as a business they are more important to the club in my view 

1 hour ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I don't mean plank the thing in the middle, in the way of everyone.

But find a space, on that whole side of the park. Find a work around, find a solution to the problem. It was embarrassing seeing that last night, as well as yer grans garden gazebo in the corner. Embarrassing!!

Away and gese piece 

Just now, Superhursty7 said:

I suppose it's an inconvenience (if paid £300+ for a ST I would be pissed) at the moment, it's only going to happen a few times in the season it becomes a lot bigger issue if we go up though.

Inconvenience?

image.thumb.png.0e5636f3aa28a78e415158cd01e9cda6.png

Just now, Finlay21 said:

I did say it was not on the halfway line and that’s why they did not want it , I said it was between the gaps and the hospitality as a fan was not aware of where it was , can’t get why fans are criticising club for not building a gantry for a facility that is only guaranteed to be used twice a year , it could only go where Hospitality boxes are and as a business they are more important to the club in my view 

I think this is the answer to your question.  

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Inconvenience

That's why I said I'd be pissed of if it was my seat, there needs to be some kind of long term solution either the BBC saying they will use the the area provided or working with the club to provide an alternative so paying fans don't miss out.

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I agree with you. This has all come about because the BBC have put up a camera in front of people's seats, who have just forked out good money for. I would be more than annoyed if I was sat there as well. Its a new stand and teething problems will arise, just need to learn from them. Plenty other locations to put cameras. 

That's why I said I'd be pissed of if it was my seat, there needs to be some kind of long term solution either the BBC saying they will use the the area provided or working with the club to provide an alternative so paying fans don't miss out.

In any given season, we might get to the playoffs and/or have a plum cup tie, so always a likelihood that there will be more than 2 live games a season.  Even if there are only 2 games a season, it’s still a nonsense to ask people who’ve paid good money for a ticket to accept that view.

5 minutes ago, Nelson said:

In any given season, we might get to the playoffs and/or have a plum cup tie, so always a likelihood that there will be more than 2 live games a season.  Even if there are only 2 games a season, it’s still a nonsense to ask people who’ve paid good money for a ticket to accept that view.

Not arguing that something needs done and needs done for the next TV game but there is also an argument that the BBC need to take some responsibility, they have an area provided for them and have made the choice not to use it, would they go to Parkhead or Ibrox and do the same?

7 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Twice a season? I thought we had a plan to get to the premiership?

Not arguing that something needs done and needs done for the next TV game but there is also an argument that the BBC need to take some responsibility, they have an area provided for them and have made the choice not to use it, would they go to Parkhead or Ibrox and do the same?

They wouldn’t have to I suppose, as proper gantry facilities are available at both.  Don’t see how it’s the BBC’s fault if I’m honest.  We seem to have consciously chosen not to include a gantry in the design.  We did this in the knowledge that the main stand has never had an adequate filming position and that the preferred position next to the old hospitality suite would disappear as part of the re-development.  

Aye fans are quite right to criticize the club on this one. Can't talk about being premier league ready when we're still doing stuff like this. I've no idea what the view is like from the media room that's been put in, but it looks very far from the half way line so I'm not surprised the BBC don't want to use it

I see Thistle are signing a right back from Brighton which potentially means that Grimshaw is still looking for a move. I think someone like that would be a decent option for us to have. 

26 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Aye fans are quite right to criticize the club on this one. Can't talk about being premier league ready when we're still doing stuff like this. I've no idea what the view is like from the media room that's been put in, but it looks very far from the half way line so I'm not surprised the BBC don't want to use it

Don’t you think the club would take any necessary changes required if they were to get promoted ? Can’t believe that a few people are criticising the club for not building a TV gantry , the current cost of the build has risen by over 50% and therefore is still only 2/3rds finished is the TV gantry more important than any of the stand that is complete ? 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Don’t you think the club would take any necessary changes required if they were to get promoted ? Can’t believe that a few people are criticising the club for not building a TV gantry , the current cost of the build has risen by over 50% and therefore is still only 2/3rds finished is the TV gantry more important than any of the stand that is complete ? 

Why can’t you believe it?  People have paid nearly 400 quid for a season ticket and then discover there view is blocked by a camera whenever we’re on the telly.  You can’t expect people to be happy about that.  If there is a plan to address the problem then great, but after last night, those plans need to be shared with the support.

8 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I would hope they would, but you never mentioned that before did you? You just said that you can't believe fans are criticizing the club despite there being a perfectly good reason to criticize considering people have paid good money for their view to be obstructed. All you had to say was that the current setup isn't ideal but club have plans in place in the event of promotion.

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Why can’t you believe it?  People have paid nearly 400 quid for a season ticket and then discover there view is blocked by a camera whenever we’re on the telly.  You can’t expect people to be happy about that.  If there is a plan to address the problem then great, but after last night, those plans need to be shared with the support.

It’s all about learnings , my main point is about the criticism on not building a gantry , there must be other options that could be taken , no reason why the BBC could not use a cherry picker like  they have done many times in the past as they are only there on a very few occasions,