The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

42 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If he can add goals then it doesn’t matter than he’s not an out and out striker. 

This will hopefully help tide us over to January when I’d expect another striker to come in. 

He hasn't scored tons up to now, but maybe he had tons of assists?

Let's be realistic here, anyone who is not signed at this time of year is not the finished article or firing on all cylinders. He has decent experience with Aberdeen and also Scotland up to u21s. We can be lucky and Brown and Whitts get him banging them in , whether on the wing or through the centre. I just hope he doesn't own a pair of goalie gloves or Brown will have a new star for the week.

44 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

He will play tomorrow I think. 

Hopefully it isn’t one where he takes weeks to get up to speed - hopefully at least half an hour tomorrow and take it from there. 

8 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Let's be realistic here, anyone who is not signed at this time of year is not the finished article or firing on all cylinders. He has decent experience with Aberdeen and also Scotland up to u21s. We can be lucky and Brown and Whitts get him banging them in , whether on the wing or through the centre. I just hope he doesn't own a pair of goalie gloves or Brown will have a new star for the week.

He only really needs to score a handful to be considered some sort of success. As previously said, no one in the league has a proper goalscorer so anyone who can chip in with a few is going to be valued very highly. I’d bet McLennan to score more than Hastie, Bavidge, McKenzie and Walker combined hence why he’s here. We could do with Henderson getting amongst the goals again although I do think he’s our best player at the minute. 

23 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Has been playing in Premiership most of his time as a winger assisting goals , playing at a lower level and more likely in a forward position could be what he needs to get more goals 

17 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Hopefully it isn’t one where he takes weeks to get up to speed - hopefully at least half an hour tomorrow and take it from there. 

He is a fully fit and ready to go 

15 minutes ago, Only me... said:

How are McMann and Devlin?

If they are fit then I’d play them tomorrow just to get games in their legs it hopefully won’t be as intensive against a lower league opposition. Devlin came in later than most others and has been injured since he came into the team so maybe won’t risk him 

eta not saying it’s going to be easy, Peterhead will give us a game but think it won’t be as hard going as another championship team 

Edited by ryanayr1987

35 minutes ago, Hursty said:

McMann and Devlin back training but not full training with rest of squad I think.   

Both training with squad , I would personally wait to have them in squad  against Livingston 

6 hours ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

How late after kick off can you get into Somerset? I’m heading down for it but doubt I’ll be in Ayr for kick off. 

Try to avoid arriving at half time because that’s when a lot of the team turn up and it’ll be busy.

1 hour ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Try to avoid arriving at half time because that’s when a lot of the team turn up and it’ll be busy.

Haha. Seriously though thought it was a 3pm Kick off until I saw it was 2…surely 15-20 mins after kick off they’d still have the gates open? 

1 hour ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Haha. Seriously though thought it was a 3pm Kick off until I saw it was 2…surely 15-20 mins after kick off they’d still have the gates open? 

I've turned up 10 minutes in to the second half before and got in. It was pre-online ticket but I had a season ticket,  one of the stewards let me in the gate under the family stand. 

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I've turned up 10 minutes in to the second half before and got in. It was pre-online ticket but I had a season ticket,  one of the stewards let me in the gate under the family stand. 

Cheers man!  I’ll likely be 10-15 minutes late. I usually in bang on kick off. 

5 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Strange that we have an early kick off when the Scotland game isn’t on live TV. The thought of watching it on a laptop doesn’t appeal.

Is your TV 30 years old? 

8 hours ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

My mate arrived just before HT for the Raith game in the last round - gates were closed but he got let in at the Main Entrance and walked round