The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I think, most of us dreaded being miles behind Falkirk after they played catch up games. The table still looks good but I reckon this coming game against Livi, is our biggest this season, so far!

Screenshot_20241012_164815_Adblock Browser~2.jpg

Considering where we are with injuries and how disjointed we've been I'd take two points behind right now.

Turgid game.  Cold wind.  Decent result.  Not sure there’s much else to take from that.  Fair play to Howley though - not sure I’ve seen a player being subbed because they’ve essentially lost interest 8 minutes into a game.  McLennan at least looked fit and mobile but otherwise difficult to make any initial judgements.  The bigger concern is Oakley who continues to be rank rotten.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Btw buzzing for Walker getting a goal. Heard some fud behind me go “if Walker comes on, I’m going home” so I’m delighted for whoever that was to be firmly clamped. 

If he didn't show up against a league 2 team, he'd have a hard time coming back from it. He was good but better once Rus came on, Hastie did well also. I think not having a focus in the box is costing us with a lot of the final balls and Walker was about the only player making cross goal runs. 

Think also aswell training on a Monday/Tuesday will be almost single figures participating atm with Broony and Whittaker making up the numbers lol

That's probably the biggest thing showing just now is that what will undoubtedly be a bit of a disrupted training week with performances not clicking like they were at the start of the season 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

If he didn't show up against a league 2 team, he'd have a hard time coming back from it. He was good but better once Rus came on, Hastie did well also. I think not having a focus in the box is costing us with a lot of the final balls and Walker was about the only player making cross goal runs. 

We definitely miss Dowds for that. A lot of the time Oakley occupies the first defender which leaves Dowds making a later run in behind to finish or with more space in the box. We don’t have anyone else with that instinct of where to be. McLennan isn’t a striker but looks like he can link the midfield to the attack which Dowds was also doing. 

9 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I take it there wasn’t much of an atmosphere at the game today?

Very akin to a reserve game. Actually wondered if some forgot about the early kick off but more likely just the lack of caring about this competition. 

That might change if we get into the semis. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Very akin to a reserve game. Actually wondered if some forgot about the early kick off but more likely just the lack of caring about this competition. 

That might change if we get into the semis. 

The quieter it is the better your chances are of getting results.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Btw buzzing for Walker getting a goal. Heard some fud behind me go “if Walker comes on, I’m going home” so I’m delighted for whoever that was to be firmly clamped. 

I actually thought Walker was one of a very few that got pass marks today