The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Livingston weren’t remotely solid defensively today, we had a ridiculous amount of chances but ultimately we didn’t take them.

They did what they had to do - at times we were trying to get through 6 or 7 big guys camped in a tiny area.  It just wouldn't break.  That's the problem we set up for ourselves by gifting them 2 goals though.   We had loads of chances and they hardly had any, yet the 2 they scored and the one May fell over the ball their guys had all the time in the world to pick a spot whereas just about everyone we had there were at least a couple of defenders charging it down / throwing themselves at it etc. 

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Livi are now our nearest challengers but if i was to pick i would rather watch Ayr. Livi kill football

Was saying that to my boy on the way home today.  I definitely fancy us for top 4, but think it's Falkirk / Livi top 2.  Falkirk from what I've seen look a miles better football team but my gut tells me Livi are more likely to grind out a title win.  

Just now, Hursty said:

They did what they had to do - at times we were trying to get through 6 or 7 big guys camped in a tiny area.  It just wouldn't break.  That's the problem we set up for ourselves by gifting them 2 goals though.   We had loads of chances and they hardly had any, yet the 2 they scored and the one May fell over the ball their guys had all the time in the world to pick a spot whereas just about everyone we had there were at least a couple of defenders charging it down / throwing themselves at it etc. 

Ultimately they did, but by virtue of our finishing as opposed to them denying us chances. 

Sounds a bit weird given they won, but I definitely expected more from Livingston - they have some cracking players. The way they played can obviously happen when you score early on though - particularly when you then make it two before HT. 

At the moment, Falkirk are well ahead of them. 

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Ultimately they did, but by virtue of our finishing as opposed to them denying us chances. 

Sounds a bit weird given they won, but I definitely expected more from Livingston - they have some cracking players. The way they played can obviously happen when you score early on though - particularly when you then make it two before HT. 

Aye I agree - as I've said in my other post tho I can see how Livi went to Falkirk and shitfested a 0-0 draw - Falkirk obv just didn't hand them 2 absolute gifts like we did.   They've gone unbeaten including Ayr and Falkirk away . 

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I was also quite surprised at Kelly, thought he was rather poor in the middle of the park, not the dynamic midfielder we watched in an Ayr strip anyway. 

I'm going to look like a twat saying this but I am going to put my neck on the line and say we won't lose to Livingston again this season. 

Edited by Shibuya

Please just get us shooting at the SRE in the 2nd half! This BS about us being behind when we played to the Railway End is tiring. Would SB be happy to hear someone has changed the huddle or what end Celtic traditionally shoot to was changed. Doubt it. 

We have a great team, albeit injuries have f@cked us massively, but I’d bet if we were shooting towards SRE in the 2nd half we’d have secured a result today. EVERY other team has a favourite end for the second half. Most have been decades old so us to just toss it aside is really grating as I can’t see any real reason. I might be being an old fool here but we need to get back to Ayr United’s traditions, not a guess or hope from a newer manager, even though he may have started our season decently.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but it’s starting to get to me. If we don’t have tradition what do we have.

29 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Aye I agree - as I've said in my other post tho I can see how Livi went to Falkirk and shitfested a 0-0 draw - Falkirk obv just didn't hand them 2 absolute gifts like we did.   They've gone unbeaten including Ayr and Falkirk away . 

They definitely set up to get bodies defending. 

27 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

I was also quite surprised at Kelly, thought he was rather poor in the middle of the park, not the dynamic midfielder we watched in an Ayr strip anyway. 

I'm going to look like a twat saying this but I am going to put my neck on the line and say we won't lose to Livingston again this season. 

Haha, I’m not going to go that far!

They have some cracking players, but are maybe playing a bit within themselves as a team so far. Ultimately, they might kick on into the new year…

No home game until 16th November - we will know a lot about the team by the time they run out at Somerset again.

I would go with Stone or McIntyre in goals when we play Airdrie, I just have no confidence in Russell when it comes to actually stopping a shot (you know, actual goalkeeping). There's  a reason the lad was third choice a few months ago, he is our best distributor but that doesn't matter shit when we're losing.

4 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

No home game until 16th November - we will know a lot about the team by the time they run out at Somerset again.

I would go with Stone or McIntyre in goals when we play Airdrie, I just have no confidence in Russell when it comes to actually stopping a shot (you know, actual goalkeeping). There's  a reason the lad was third choice a few months ago, he is our best distributor but that doesn't matter shit when we're losing.

Aye the goalie bingo thing is nuts, Stone probably stops one of those goals today. Mind you with Nick in front of you then maybe not. A settled defence and  goalkeeper would be a good start.

1 minute ago, malkyshotton said:

Aye the goalie bingo thing is nuts, Stone probably stops one of those goals today. Mind you with Nick in front of you then maybe not. A settled defence and  goalkeeper would be a good start.

I don’t think Russell is ready to be a starter,  but I don’t see in what world anyone else stops those goals?

An absolute worldy of a finish from Muirhead and a one v one. 

Other than one routine shot that he pushed straight out in front of him he was fine today, but he didn’t exactly have much to do. 

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think Russell is ready to be a starter,  but I don’t see in what world anyone else stops those goals?

An absolute worldy of a finish from Muirhead and a one v one. 

Other than one routine shot that he pushed straight out in front of him he was fine today, but he didn’t exactly have much to do. 

Aye fair enough, but it must be a laugh every week guessing who’s in nets for the players

Edited by malkyshotton

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

oooooh, new graphics. 

Yeah new graphics that will be slightly changed again. Some new camera angles in the highlights , hopefully and some mistakes made today ( the stream ) but hopefully these issues will be sorted in coming weeks and the young people now doing AUTV will deliver for the fans enjoyable coverage. 

46 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

McCallister not only gives the ball away, he makes a half arsed attempt to follow Muirhead and then makes no attempt to stop the shot. 

At least we know McAllister won't start again for a while - McMann is back and he is superb.   

I feel bad going on about the keeper as he is just a young lad but that's 2 goals v Falkirk and Livi he's came out to half shut down a 1 on 1 then just fell on his arse to let slip past him.  Should have saved the 2nd at Falkirk too.    Seems decent on the ball but doesn't produce any saves he shouldn't, and let's goals in he should save.    The fact Brown suggested he is the #1 as he has a bit of personality is a massive concern for me.  Stone hardly speaks a word at training but he's a better keeper.  

3 hours ago, Hursty said:

The reason that they managed to shitfest a draw at TFS was an arsehole of a linesman denying us a perfectly good goal.

10 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

He looked absolutely f**ked after an hour but for some reason stayed on

Brown was correct not to bring Watret on. Did you see the size of livi's number 9 that was up against Musonda? Dylan would've been flattened in the first minute