The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Iain said:

Am I right in thinking we have four straight away games now? Going to be a tough period.

Do Ayr not consistently have one of the better away records in the league?

At least it means no more angst about shooting into the wrong end for a month.

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

At least it means no more angst about shooting into the wrong end for a month.

I am very guilty of this. I've still not gotten used to shooting into the SRE first half.

Regards Goalies,  noticed two of our "old boys" were sat on the bench for the Celtic vs Aberdeen game.  Sinisalo for Celtic and Doohan for Aberdeen.  Would not object to having either back (not that it is likely to happen).

Edited by stevep56

37 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Regards Goalies,  noticed two of our "old boys" were sat on the bench for the Celtic vs Aberdeen game.  Sinisalo for Celtic and Doohan for Aberdeen.  Would not object to having either back (not that it is likely to happen).

Doohan isn’t going to get a chance at Aberdeen so he either going to cut his losses and go and play somewhere else or sit on Aberdeens bench until he is eventually freed. 

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Do Ayr not consistently have one of the better away records in the league?

I was actually looking at the stats yesterday cause I'm incredibly dull and you had one of the poorer away records in the league last year; only Airdrie and Arbroath were worse. Middle of the pack this season so far but obviously a fairly small sample size.

The GK situation since Brown arrived has been bizarre. Never known a club to have so many GKs on the "books" apart from maybe Chelsea. 

First we had Albinson who chucked in a goal (or two?) v Dundee Utd. Brown was raging after that to fans outside 😆, then we had Clarke who was hit and miss. Now we have two GKs out on loan and another 3 in the building on a carousel. None of whom are particularly outstanding. 

Brown needs to realise the level he is managing at.  He wants a keeper who can have high percentage passing, but if they are not saving shots they are facing, what is the point?  Stone commands his box, better shot stopper etc.  If his f**king long range passing is what 15-20% less than Russell, who actually cares.  You don't win points with passing percentages.  He has had Albinson/Mutch/Clarke/Stone/McIntyre/Russell in less than a year in charge.  It's a joke :lol:

56 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The GK situation since Brown arrived has been bizarre. Never known a club to have so many GKs on the "books" apart from maybe Chelsea. 

First we had Albinson who chucked in a goal (or two?) v Dundee Utd. Brown was raging after that to fans outside 😆, then we had Clarke who was hit and miss. Now we have two GKs out on loan and another 3 in the building on a carousel. None of whom are particularly outstanding. 

We have had 4 goalkeepers at the club for at least 3 seasons , and had 5 last 2 seasons , always had 2 out with junior clubs and training with us daily 

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

We have had 4 goalkeepers at the club for at least 3 seasons , and had 5 last 2 seasons , always had 2 out with junior clubs and training with us daily 

In previous seasons there was still only ever a slim chance of not knowing which one of two keepers would actually be playing the following week. It's getting to the point where you barely know who's coming back out in nets after half time.

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Brown needs to realise the level he is managing at.  He wants a keeper who can have high percentage passing, but if they are not saving shots they are facing, what is the point?  Stone commands his box, better shot stopper etc.  If his f**king long range passing is what 15-20% less than Russell, who actually cares.  You don't win points with passing percentages.  He has had Albinson/Mutch/Clarke/Stone/McIntyre/Russell in less than a year in charge.  It's a joke :lol:

Couldn't agree more,at the Brown night in hospitality,he said he likes his keeper to be a centre half too,he has to realise that it's the ferkin championship in Scotland not premiership in England. At this level keepers at all clubs will chuck a few in over the season,Stone commands his box better than anyone on our books,plus he's got a bit of presence unlike the midget we have in just now.

5 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Anyone got an answer for the pyramid gap or did you all run out of fingers? 

You beat yer misfiring big team. Now f**k off, you obsessive w**k

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

In previous seasons there was still only ever a slim chance of not knowing which one of two keepers would actually be playing the following week. It's getting to the point where you barely know who's coming back out in nets after half time.

Knew on Saturday at half time that McAllister wasn’t coming back out and also expected the keeper was gonna be subbed. 

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Anyone got an answer for the pyramid gap or did you all run out of fingers? 

I refer you to my previous response.

While you're here, can you clear up some confusion ? It seems Rangers fans were disappointed in the choice of a song from Kilmarnock fans on Sunday; "...there's only one team in Glasgow".

Who is it you lot really support, Celtic or Rangers ? 

I appreciate that's a difficult one for you, with the previously mentioned gap between your ears.

4 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Having several keepers in the squad is typical. Having them all taking turns in the starting XI isn’t.

The rapid rotation of keepers combined with the injury list and strategic selections by Brown has left us unsettled and losing our identity a bit. Last week we looked more like we should be, apart from the obvious f**kups in the 1st half. If we can get a settled defence and keeper to build on, the midfield and front line can be tinkered with each game. Airdrie, Raith and Morton should all be winnable away. Dropping players every week isn't going to help confidence, especially the younger players. McMann and Murphy starting will help us massively.

47 minutes ago, Cutty Old said:

I refer you to my previous response.

While you're here, can you clear up some confusion ? It seems Rangers fans were disappointed in the choice of a song from Kilmarnock fans on Sunday; "...there's only one team in Glasgow".

Who is it you lot really support, Celtic or Rangers ? 

I appreciate that's a difficult one for you, with the previously mentioned gap between your ears.

Cena Ooo GIF