The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Don’t think any Ayr fan is looking forward to the coming season giving the state our squad is in. 

Hey I just said looking towards the new season. Not looking forward to it.

See in regards to the turning down English L1 etc. I think I would do the same.

He's 23/24 now, a good Scottish Premiership striker is probably going to be the end result for him. Getting a good wage and playing every single week at a club who can really only go up, a club that has a chance of winning cups and doing well in the Prem. Close to home, playing every week and being able to settle in at a level he's comfortable with

Or going down to England to probably go into a club with a massive pool of players, who's gaffers change every other week, playing 60 plus games a season trekking all over England. Good chance of being frozen out and written off after a poor run of form if he doesn't settle quickly

I would shit myself having to go to one of they clubs he was linked with. Would 100 percent rather go abroad before going down to the English lower leagues. Unless you were always going to a guaranteed success like McGinn or whatever. f**k that

11 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
15 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:
I’ll ride the bus to the next stop. Who are the three players your talking about?

Bet it's McGuffie, Forrest and Harvie.

McGuffie is complete gash to be honest. 

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Seeing the teamsheet written down yesterday I'm inclined to agree to an extent, and I was fairly on the fence before. I expect that 11 to be pretty close to what we'll use in the Betfred and  it doesn't instill much confidence. Plenty of time left to bring new faces  though so not panicking  just yet.

Still need 5 signings but not convinced we’ll even get anything close to that as we’re already scrapping the barrel 

Boys come on , don’t go fuelling the fire of the boo boys .

McGuffies a typical widey who’s inconsistent and has flashes of good and bad , needs to start the season well .

Wee Forrest once fit will score and create and cause bother but needs a run of games and consistency.

Harvies young and hungry and wears his heart on his sleeve , biit hot headed at times but cant fault his effort .

Lets get behind these young kids and give them our full backing .

Boys come on , don’t go fuelling the fire of the boo boys .

McGuffies a typical widey who’s inconsistent and has flashes of good and bad , needs to start the season well .

Wee Forrest once fit will score and create and cause bother but needs a run of games and consistency.

Harvies young and hungry and wears his heart on his sleeve , biit hot headed at times but cant fault his effort .

Lets get behind these young kids and give them our full backing .

So who’s the 3 you were on about?

So Robbie Crawford gets the best move out of the lot of them.  That's got to be really really sore for all the Ayr United da's and the (pretty weird m8) cult of Shankland guys. 

Pages and pages of absolute pish on here (checking the squad numbers of clubs in England for gaps :1eye) can finally end. 

I think it's a disappointing move for him but I'm just glad he's signed up somewhere and it's all finished.  

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I would think Dundee Utd has better coaching than us. I don’t think he’s necessarily saying he’s a better coach though.

They'll certainly have more coaches than us. Whether their arrangement is better, well who knows. McCall came up against Neilson 3 times last season, finished 7-2 on aggregate. Neilson might do well this season, but because they have a new owner chucking money at them. Just now. Robbie was a disaster at MK Dons, as was Lee McCulloch in his previous role.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

So Robbie Crawford gets the best move out of the lot of them.  That's got to be really really sore for all the Ayr United da's and the (pretty weird m8) cult of Shankland guys. 

Pages and pages of absolute pish on here (checking the squad numbers of clubs in England for gaps :1eye) can finally end. 

I think it's a disappointing move for him but I'm just glad he's signed up somewhere and it's all finished.  

Dundee United and Coventry are both far better moves than Livingston. 

Imo playing for a mid table Scottish Premiership club is better than playing for a mid table League 1 team down south. Just because Livi have no fans doesn’t make it a bad move for Crawford.

Rose will get a decent wage there but it’s unlikely Coventry are getting out that league any time soon.

8 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

McGuffie is complete gash to be honest. 

Still need 5 signings but not convinced we’ll even get anything close to that as we’re already scrapping the barrel 

Scraping the barrel ???? Doolan and Roscoe , you are having a laugh 

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Scraping the barrel ???? Doolan and Roscoe , you are having a laugh 

Scrapping the barrel in terms of amount of signings. Have not made nearly enough. 

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Imo playing for a mid table Scottish Premiership club is better than playing for a mid table League 1 team down south. Just because Livi have no fans doesn’t make it a bad move for Crawford.

Rose will get a decent wage there but it’s unlikely Coventry are getting out that league any time soon.

Livingston will finish 12th this season. Coventry are a massive club in comparison with Livingston. 

Livingston will finish 12th this season. Coventry are a massive club in comparison with Livingston. 

Livi have lost players but are still better than Hamilton and St Mirren.

As I’ve said before the supposed size of a club is pretty irrelevant when it comes to a player joining a club.

I think it's a decent move for shankland .let's not be kidded the Arabs are 6th biggest team in this country .regardless what league they are in.it is a bit gutting he choose to stay in same league but it's not like he went too a Morton or queens that would have been a move sideways. Will he get game time at tannadice absolutely .And he will be paid well for it .Arabs could be the stepping stone for a bigger move .

2 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I think it's a decent move for shankland .let's not be kidded the Arabs are 6th biggest team in this country .regardless what league they are in.

I'm not so convinced. Their average crowd last season was barely ahead of Dunfermline's, and was 10th largest in Scotland.  Taking the respective away supports out of the equation, I'm not sure they would get any more than Killie through the gate week on week.

In Scotland there are two massive clubs, three big clubs and the rest. Dundee United are amongst the rest, albeit near the top of that group.