The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

No surprise if Kirkwood wants more of a say in the club if its right he ploughed hundreds of thousands into the club to keep them afloat .
The man must look in that Directors box and wonder what all those guys in club ties are doing for the the club .

Hardly ploughing in hundreds of thousands. He’s bought some assets, don’t make out like he’s been a glorious benefactor when in fact he’s just been looking after his own business interests.

Any idea how much he ploughed in Hazzy ? Suppose he didnt have to put money in .
How dare he put money in and maybe now wants some sort of return or even still wonder what his hard earned cash is bein spent on .

He got 6 goals after the 15th of December by my reckoning - penalties v Morton, Alloa and QoS,  a free kick v Inverness and open play goals v Alloa and Ross County.  
In fairness though the injury obviously played a big part - he never managed to get that yard of sharpness back and clearly the head went down - was missing loads of chances that in the previous season and a half he was tucking away without even thinking.  
You could also argue that Moffats form tailed off at this point to let's see if Shankland is that good or Moff made him.

Killie weren't interested in him, so dunno where you got that from.

As I said, it's his level. He was a dud at Aberdeen and maybe thinks playing in the lower leagues is his comfort zone.  A Primark Kris Boyd if you like.

He's from the East End of Glasgow, I'm sure he's past the stage of tetanus jabs.

Still funny that your superstars best option was Dundee Utd though given the massive clubs he was allegedly attracting attention from.

Fucking hell I sort of agree with you. I think the fact he flopped moving from QP to Aberdeen may have had an impact. He’s made a big move before and it didn’t work so he’s maybe not keen on potentially flopping again.

He’s more than capable of playing in the Premiership or League One now though. English Championship, maybe not.

FYI the article does say he turned down Hull for Dundee Utd.

11 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Nothing special , played a bit deep at times , interacted well with Moffat , surprisingly the 3 worked well together , McCowan played wide left with Moff sitting behind Dools

Sudden, Templeton and Walker anyone???

10 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Any idea how much he ploughed in Hazzy ? Suppose he didnt have to put money in .
How dare he put money in and maybe now wants some sort of return or even still wonder what his hard earned cash is bein spent on .

Not figured out how to use the quote function?

No idea what he has “ploughed” in but I do know he purchased some of the club’s assets.

None of the of the board members have done this so as far as I’m concerned he’s had his return on investment.

Respect where its due diddys! Wey hey!

Just a suggestion but maybe don’t call the team that embarrassed you last season diddies.

It only makes yourself look like bigger diddies.

Nah , nae interest in your quote function . So basically you’ve nae idea . Good luck to the guy .

Our clubs going nowhere , have hardly made a bean on an asset or anything player wise and we’ve already went on the negative about a Director showing an interest in the club .
No wonder were a laughing stock .

12 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Nah , nae interest in your quote function . So basically you’ve nae idea . Good luck to the guy .

Our clubs going nowhere , have hardly made a bean on an asset or anything player wise and we’ve already went on the negative about a Director showing an interest in the club .

Aye very good 🙄

27 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

We’re a laughing stock because someone who doesn’t play for us signed for Dundee Utd?

35 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Hi Ally, have you scouted anyone recently that has lost to an actual pub team? 

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
2 hours ago, Hursty said:
He got 6 goals after the 15th of December by my reckoning - penalties v Morton, Alloa and QoS,  a free kick v Inverness and open play goals v Alloa and Ross County.  
In fairness though the injury obviously played a big part - he never managed to get that yard of sharpness back and clearly the head went down - was missing loads of chances that in the previous season and a half he was tucking away without even thinking.  

You could also argue that Moffats form tailed off at this point to let's see if Shankland is that good or Moff made him.

See also El Bak without Moffat. 

It seems pretty clear that Dundee Utd have thrown the kitchen sink at Shankland financially, so good luck to the guy.  Like others have said, it seems like a poor move football wise, but honestly can’t believe any Ayr fan would boo him next season.  

Don t see him getting booed, quite the opposite, I'm sure he will get a rendition of "we love Shankland"

He won t celebrate either if he scores against us I bet you (not that he was ever one for over the top celebrations anyway).

4 hours ago, Hursty said:

Sir Lawrence was obviously not fully fit and his confidence was down second half of the season.

If you're old enough to remember Ian Rush he used to bang them in without lifting his head to look (quite like Sir L first half of the season) a lot of that comes from being confident.

We will have to move on without him.