The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

For what it’s worth, I don’t think we look like idiots.

We took a calculated risk knocking back the offers in the summer and it proved to be the correct choice as his pre January goals are what fired us into the play offs and well-clear of relegation fights.

For all the speculation, am I right in saying that LC said there weren’t actually any official bids made for him in January anyway?

It’s probably the combination of the ridiculous (and unsustainable) coin, length of contract, chance of promotion and perhaps, as many have said, the fact he dithered too long and saw some other options disappear.

I think it’s hard not to think it’s a lack of ambition, for this season especially, but if the bigger and better offers down south dried up this was maybe the best deal left for Shankland.

Extremely disappointed by this for Shankland and makes us look like idiots. He's going to have a lot of questions to answer now as to why his 'big move' has gone tits up. Imagine McCall will be fizzing with him.

My love for him has completely gone now he's signed for those wanks. Still, will make it all the funnier when they fail to get promoted for another season.

Big Jamie Adams to snap him in half, yes please.

small team

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
4 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

small team

Maybe we are a small team but you need our best players to try and get out this league, Ayr are striving to become what Dundee United are a established Championship team.

Well put.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
4 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

small team

Maybe we are a small team but you need our best players to try and get out this league, Ayr are striving to become what Dundee United are a established Championship team.

With the lack of signing news you can hardly say we are striving. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

With the lack of signing news you can hardly say we are striving. 

Why the rush to sign players ? We have 3 players more than same time last season and managed ok , manager been out country for 9 days , would you expect us to announce signings in the bosses absence , we will have who we need before the season starts , don’t panic 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Why the rush to sign players ? We have 3 players more than same time last season and managed ok , manager been out country for 9 days , would you expect us to announce signings in the bosses absence , we will have who we need before the season starts , don’t panic 

So you honestly think we’ll have the five players McCall has said he wants before the start of the season? 

So you honestly think we’ll have the five players McCall has said he wants before the start of the season? 

I reckon we’ll have 3 or 4 before the league starts with one to join afterwards.

We’ve never once had a complete squad by the first league game so I don’t see why we would have one now.

5 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

We also had a better team plus we have our goalkeeper going out to New Zealand soon 

We never had Murdoch, Smith or Doohan at this stage last year !!!!!

Doohan's a done deal McCall would not have spoke so candidly about him if not, we are looking for a right sided defender, midfielder/winger and a striker the loan market will open up more in the next week or so as we get closer to the start of the season the gaffer has already said he has target's in mind and to be fair the last 2 seasons his recruitment has been a hell if a lot more hit than miss, let the man get back from holidays and then we can look forward to a few #imminent tweets