The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Any word on why Geggan and Muirhead weren't playing tonight. Take it Geggan was injured.

Wouldn't be surprised if Geggans already crocked. 

MIght be way off but did Muirhead not get injured in the playoffs?

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Any word on why Geggan and Muirhead weren't playing tonight. Take it Geggan was injured.

Geggan was in attendance , pitch not really suitable for Geggan coming back from injury , Muirhead had a previous arrangement , Geggan has been involved in all training sessions with no adverse reaction to injury , calf’s just a little tight

Edited by Robbo63

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

It wouldn't be Ayr if there weren't some players injured even when there's no games.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Anyone know how Doolan did I must say I was surprised to see McCowan, Moffat and Doolan in the same team.

Nothing special , played a bit deep at times , interacted well with Moffat , surprisingly the 3 worked well together , McCowan played wide left with Moff sitting behind Dools

35 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Why does it make us look like idiots?

Folk acting as if Dundee Utd are our rivals and he’s betrayed us is complete nonsense tbh.

It’s his job at the end of the day so let him just get on with it.

It's the mere fact he's moved to another club in the same league as us after saying he wouldn't and i meant we'll get mocked as idiots by the majority of others for allowing us to get in the situation where he left us for nothing and moved to a club in the same league. In heindsight i'd rather we'd cashed in in January.  Tbh the most frustrating thing for me is not moving to another championship club but moving to Dundee United and that w****r Neilson, if it wa Dundee it would be much easier to accept.

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

It's the mere fact he's moved to another club in the same league as us after saying he wouldn't and i meant we'll get mocked as idiots by the majority of others for allowing us to get in the situation where he left us for nothing and moved to a club in the same league. In heindsight i'd rather we'd cashed in in January.  Tbh the most frustrating thing for me is not moving to another championship club but moving to Dundee United and that w****r Neilson, if it wa Dundee it would be much easier to accept.

If he said that he would not move to a team in the same league as us , surely it’s him that would look like an idiot and not us ? After January he was always leaving for nothing , and where he ended up was nothing to do with us 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Did he say that though? I genuinely can't remember him saying such a thing. And even so circumstances change quickly. There were rumours that the likes of Sunderland withdrew their offer or maybe the second half of the season put a few teams off. 

Cameron did say we didn't receive any concrete offers for him but I can guarantee you if we'd sold him the board would've been criticised for having no ambition and his goals still played a part in getting us top 4.

I still love the guy and theres not a whole lot that could change that. Hope he's absolutely shite against us though. 

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

If he said that he would not move to a team in the same league as us , surely it’s him that would look like an idiot and not us ?

Yes agreed that he's going to take quite a bit of stick after all the big move talk.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Yes agreed that he's going to take quite a bit of stick after all the big move talk.

Correct, I think a few teams support will give him a bit of stick re all the supposed big teams after him and he ends up at United , I for one will not though full of admiration for what he achieved for us 

Edited by Robbo63

I've never understood those that dish out abuse to ex players that did us a turn.

Aye

I’m fully on board with giving the jobbers that didn’t lift a finger to help us pelters, and there’s been a few in the past, but folk are getting angry over nothing with this.

See the guy that runs the belrock has gone on a tirade of abuse to Shankland on twitter, charming, although i'm not happy at his chosen move to go to that extent is just wrong, not as if he's going to see that and think oh shit i better move back to Ayr.

Hate to say it but i don't expect him to get much of a welcome from our fans this season, lot of supporters he has upset and won't be shy to give him booing and abuse. Wouldn't even be surprised if there was a chorus of "Lawerence Shankland you're a w****r".

First Dundee United game this season is going to be tasty, expecting all hell to break to loose.

The only people who look like idiots are the guys who went into their work last season and told everybody that Shankland was brilliant, would get a big move and be in the Scotland squad within 18 months. Wouldn't want to be one of those guys. Nope. Definitely not. No.

The only people who look like idiots are the guys who went into their work last season and told everybody that Shankland was brilliant, would get a big move and be in the Scotland squad within 18 months. Wouldn't want to be one of those guys. Nope. Definitely not. No.
Yup I'm that guy getting some stick the morra

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
3 minutes ago, Iain said:

Yup I'm that guy getting some stick the morra

Playing it safe is vastly over-rated.

McCall must be dreading going back to work after his holiday.