The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'm disappointed in oor Lawrence. Signing for a club at the same level, while seemingly turning down offers from Sunderland and Hull is such a waste of talent. And I'm  not convinced Robbie Neilson and Lee McCulloch are the right coaches for him. I've disliked Dundee Utd ever since they shafted us over Craig Conway, even more so with the way they let the Liam Smith news out days before we played them. A club without class. 

Time will tell whether he’s done the right thing in choosing the cash over career progression . Been backing Utd for the league over the last few weeks so happy if he ends up there. Wonder if this is the Scottish team McCall mentioned about Shankland needing a strong character to play for. Guessing the Scotland side will need to wait a bit longer for Smith and Shankland to make an entrance 

We don't know how much of an impact the second half of the season had on offers coming from south of the border. If Dundee United were seriously willing to offer more than those clubs then he absolutely made the right choice, because it'd show how little they thought of him. However, I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that offers weren't coming.

5 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

We don't know how much of an impact the second half of the season had on offers coming from south of the border. If Dundee United were seriously willing to offer more than those clubs then he absolutely made the right choice, because it'd show how little they thought of him. However, I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that offers weren't coming.

If all the rumours floating about over the last week are true, he simply waited too long to make a decision and those clubs moved on.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s nothing to prepare for imo. I’d have felt no differently had he signed for Sunderland.

It's always worse when a player moves to a team you'll play that season, and that's coming from experience. 

It's always worse when a player moves to a team you'll play that season, and that's coming from experience. 

I don’t like Dundee Utd. They messed us about over Craig Conway and leaked to the papers they’d signed our player Liam Smith the night before a big game against us.

However I can only wish Shankland all the best. I’m not sure what kind of reception he’ll get upon his return but I’m not in the habit of booing club heroes. If it gets Dundee Utd out this division quicker and away from us then I’ll use that as a positive.

Interestingly enough Cameron has confirmed there’s talks about a takeover happening and they are progressing. This coinciding with Kirkwood taking a bigger role on the Ayr board is interesting.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Interestingly enough Cameron has confirmed there’s talks about a takeover happening and they are progressing. This coinciding with Kirkwood taking a bigger role on the Ayr board is interesting.

Keenan has also replaced Kirkwood as Troon manager.

Is Deano not number 2 to big Bailey?

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That would not be a good thing. Property developers taking over smaller clubs tends not to end well. Hopefully it's coincidence. 

23 minutes ago, RedEd said:

That would not be a good thing. Property developers taking over smaller clubs tends not to end well. Hopefully it's coincidence. 

Kirkwood has been involved at Ayr for a pretty long time to be fair. He's not just some fly by night who is here for a quick profit. 
From the LC Q&A my understanding about the ground around Somerset is the part of the development would be commercial units, so my assumption is a new club shop and something like a Spar? He didn't give too much away about the car park however and when asked about the railway yard he said he didn't have control of that yet. 

Putting a positive spin on this, If Kirkwood is wanting to take on a bigger role maybe the housing will be used to part fund redevelopment of Somerset Park? 

The whole Kirkwood taking over is what I heard ages ago from a good source.

Somerset sold off for housing. Ayr moving to new stadium at Dam park to share with Ayr Rugby Club. Ayr becoming a community interest company.

Hope it's all a load of rubbish.

Kinda what I was thinking when I saw it last night.
Tried and failed in the big league so happy to stay down a level.
Killie couldn't afford Shankland plus he hasn't had his tetanus shots.

8 minutes ago, ftk said:

The whole Kirkwood taking over is what I heard ages ago from a good source.

Somerset sold off for housing. Ayr moving to new stadium at Dam park to share with Ayr Rugby Club. Ayr becoming a community interest company.

Hope it's all a load of rubbish.

Can't say it fills me with inspiration.