The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

So Robbie Crawford gets the best move out of the lot of them.  That's got to be really really sore for all the Ayr United da's and the (pretty weird m8) cult of Shankland guys. 
Pages and pages of absolute pish on here (checking the squad numbers of clubs in England for gaps :1eye) can finally end. 
I think it's a disappointing move for him but I'm just glad he's signed up somewhere and it's all finished.  

Absolute bollox

Scrapping the barrel in terms of amount of signings. Have not made nearly enough. 

Have to agree completely, worried about the lack of signings and if I’m honest (although people will disagree) I don’t think resigning Moore is a particularly good decision, looked so out of his depth at times last season.

Feel we need to another few good signings to even be close to being a half decent side next year.

Livi have lost players but are still better than Hamilton and St Mirren.

As I’ve said before the supposed size of a club is pretty irrelevant when it comes to a player joining a club.

So you think Livingston will be able to compete for many more years in the Premiership with their backing and funding? Dundee united and Coventry have massive potential in their respective leagues. You are just point blank refusing to see it.

I'm not so convinced. Their average crowd last season was barely ahead of Dunfermline's, and was 10th largest in Scotland.  Taking the respective away supports out of the equation, I'm not sure they would get any more than Killie through the gate week on week.
In Scotland there are two massive clubs, three big clubs and the rest. Dundee United are amongst the rest, albeit near the top of that group.

When in the premier league we are always the 6th largest crowds. We have the 6th largest season ticket sales. You are comparing us to Killie after them finishing third and is being in the Championship...

Again absolute bollox

So you think Livingston will be able to compete for many more years in the Premiership with their backing and funding? Dundee united and Coventry have massive potential in their respective leagues. You are just point blank refusing to see it.

I don’t care about Livingstons potential mate. Robbie Crawford has signed a 2 year deal there and imo for the next 2 years Livi should be staying in that division. If he does well in that time then no doubt a bigger club will take him on. I don’t see him playing for them for the next 10 years so their potential as a club is entirely irrelevant.

Coventry might have been a big club at some point but there’s better equipped clubs in that league to gain promotion. I thought Nicky Devlins move to Walsall was good as it might’ve led to him working his way up into the Championship at some point but now he’s landed back at Livi.

I’ve said it often enough but the size of a club probably won’t even come into a players head when deciding where to go. For Crawford, Livi is a good platform for him to get a better move. I think Shankland is betting a lot on you lot getting promoted this year and then doing well in the Premiership.

Have to agree completely, worried about the lack of signings and if I’m honest (although people will disagree) I don’t think resigning Moore is a particularly good decision, looked so out of his depth at times last season.

Feel we need to another few good signings to even be close to being a half decent side next year.

I’m not sure about Moore either but I’d rather a 6 month deal rather than just giving him a whole year. If Doolan and the other striker we sign are doing well then we shouldn’t be offering Moore another deal in January.

Totally disagree with the scrapping the barrel comment you just need to read some of the threads on here unless you are throwing money at players they are taking their time to sign for clubs not a lot of clubs have made the signings they or their fans would be wanting at this point, apart form Robbie and McDaid every other player we wanted to sign back on has done so we knew well in advance the other 3 were moving on, Roscoe on paper looks a good signing young, experience in this league and comes from a team that we have had good experience signing players from, Doolan all be it getting had a crappy season last year has plenty to prove and may be master stroke on and off the park yeah we need 4 to 5 players we are all hoping that Doohan is a done deal I'm sure McCall has this in hand and the signings are not far away.

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t care about Livingstons potential mate. Robbie Crawford has signed a 2 year deal there and imo for the next 2 years Livi should be staying in that division. If he does well in that time then no doubt a bigger club will take him on. I don’t see him playing for them for the next 10 years so their potential as a club is entirely irrelevant.
Coventry might have been a big club at some point but there’s better equipped clubs in that league to gain promotion. I thought Nicky Devlins move to Walsall was good as it might’ve led to him working his way up into the Championship at some point but now he’s landed back at Livi.
I’ve said it often enough but the size of a club probably won’t even come into a players head when deciding where to go. For Crawford, Livi is a good platform for him to get a better move. I think Shankland is betting a lot on you lot getting promoted this year and then doing well in the Premiership.

Can't be having this. Players (and their agents) would have to be daft not to at least consider the potential future benefits of playing on a bigger stage. I'm no saying it'll be a crucial part of every transfer but the idea a player wouldn't even think about the relative size of the club they're considering moving to seems a bit silly.

Can't be having this. Players (and their agents) would have to be daft not to at least consider the potential future benefits of playing on a bigger stage. I'm no saying it'll be a crucial part of every transfer but the idea a player wouldn't even think about the relative size of the club they're considering moving to seems a bit silly.

Agreed. Course it is a big part. D’Jaffo just doesn’t like to admit this in order to stay aligned with with his notion that Shankland to United is a bad move.

I'm no even talking specifically about Shankland, just in general. It costs a player absolutely nothing to at least think about things like the size of the club they could be moving to and I have trouble believing they wouldn't do so.

Shankland clearly didn’t think too much about it.

What I was trying to say was players at this level, when contracts are as short as they are probably won’t put the size of club at the forefront of their mind. A lot of them will be looking for a better platform to get them to a bigger move.

Agreed. Course it is a big part. D’Jaffo just doesn’t like to admit this in order to stay aligned with with his notion that Shankland to United is a bad move.

You must be the most sensitive DAB on here when you can’t stand anyone that dares say that moving to Dundee Utd isn’t a great move.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What I was trying to say was players at this level, when contracts are as short as they are probably won’t put the size of club at the forefront of their mind. A lot of them will be looking for a better platform to get them to a bigger move.

A bigger club and the extra media/social media attention that generates surely a consideration in this search for a "better platform"? There are no downsides whatsoever to a player taking even a few minutes to talk about something like that with his agent.

A bigger club and the extra media/social media attention that generates surely a consideration in this search for a "better platform"? There are no downsides whatsoever to a player taking even a few minutes to talk about something like that with his agent.

Where did I say it was a downside?

At this moment in time Livi is a better platform than Dundee United. Higher level, more televised games, playing against and with better players. That’s all I’m trying to say.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Totally disagree with the scrapping the barrel comment you just need to read some of the threads on here unless you are throwing money at players they are taking their time to sign for clubs not a lot of clubs have made the signings they or their fans would be wanting at this point, apart form Robbie and McDaid every other player we wanted to sign back on has done so we knew well in advance the other 3 were moving on, Roscoe on paper looks a good signing young, experience in this league and comes from a team that we have had good experience signing players from, Doolan all be it getting had a crappy season last year has plenty to prove and may be master stroke on and off the park yeah we need 4 to 5 players we are all hoping that Doohan is a done deal I'm sure McCall has this in hand and the signings are not far away.

I’m just really concerned about the lack of signings news. The vast majority of teams in this league have signed a lot more players than us. 

We have lost 9 first team players from last season and only brought in to (plus another 2 returning from their loans). 

McCall has said he wants another five players but nothing appears imminent. Him disappearing on holiday half way through pre season really isn’t great either. There better be a flurry of signings on his return. I won’t hold my breath though.