The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He didn’t answer your question because you went on a mini rant talking about Ayr not caring about the fans. Mainly because they didn’t do anything to help out the charity match you organised.

Would have won the match but for a classic Itzdrk offside trap.

On 23/09/2019 at 13:36, pandarilla said:

He's one of those 'philosophy' managers who would want to pass out from the back at all times. In no way would that suit us in this league.

I just saw Friedrich Nietzsche walking around White City. He could do a job. Proper old school and would take no shite.

34 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Sandy Stewart is an Airdrie legend but got hounded out of Broomfield as the footie was shite. As you say, he is probably a good coach but can’t see him doing a job as manager

He's gained quite a lot of experience as an assistant since then and more importantly as a coach with the current squad.  I'd be mighty surprised if he switched from a successful style of play to something regressive.  

My main concerns are simply improving small things on what we were doing, we need to perform from December to the end of the season, in four full seasons under McCall it went a bit to shit at that time of year.  

Constant injury crisis and chucking injured players in, a staple of McCall's reign. 

Someone who avoids both will see us fine. 

Would imagine Clark and McCoist would be considered unqualified even if they hadn't both tainted themselves by their choice of previous employer. Given the combination it's a no-brainer to toss their applications straight in the fire.

19 minutes ago, Iain said:

Would imagine Clark and McCoist would be considered unqualified even if they hadn't both tainted themselves by their choice of previous employer. Given the combination it's a no-brainer to toss their applications straight in the fire.

2032615321_tenor(1).gif.9a5ea92cefd3d97fd1a540daeb393c92.gif

5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

McCall has never hid the fact he'd jump at the chance to manage Thistle again, so can't be many Ayr fans that are surprised.

Not really, these conversations have come up every time there’s been a vacancy at Firhill in the last few years.

Just an opinion, but this could be one of those moves that doesn’t work out for any of the parties involved.

I am always surprised by the number of fans who believe off the field we are extremely well run and the club can't do more. That's frightening! ETA - Every company on the planet can improve and pointing it out isn't necessarily a criticism of the board.

Edited by Trogdor

7 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Partick are a bigger club than Ayr and have infrastructure to allow them to progress back up to the top league should McCall manage to keep them up. Not sure the same could be said for Ayr

You support Airdrie. Let's not start talking about big clubs. 

I don't care who the bigger club is TBH but I'm beginning to smell a worm here with the whole Colin Weir buying Thistle He obviously didn't like or had a falling out with Caldwell pulled his investment, McCall then throw's Caldwell under the bus saying Thistle shouldn't be loosing regularly to a team like Ayr knowing if they sacked him he'd be offered the job it's all starting to sound like a stitch up to me or I could be a bitter conspiracy theory idiot who knows nothing.

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I don't care who the bigger club is TBH but I'm beginning to smell a worm here with the whole Colin Weir buying Thistle He obviously didn't like or had a falling out with Caldwell pulled his investment, McCall then throw's Caldwell under the bus saying Thistle shouldn't be loosing regularly to a team like Ayr knowing if they sacked him he'd be offered the job it's all starting to sound like a stitch up to me or I could be a bitter conspiracy theory idiot who knows nothing.

This, 100%

Not so much a stitch-up, more of  strategy.

Probably involving all parties involved.

Fair play to them all, just stings being on the losing end of it.

On a positive note, the only thing that I can see changing is if McCall taps up any of our squad, other than that, I can see us doing really well again, up to winter.

After that, it will all come down to recruitment and retaining.

Still buzzing for the season ahead.

Also, will be some games against Thistle. I can see them getting a bit nasty, a few reds and a right bit of needle in them.

Thistle, the new Airdrie / Killie lite

You support Airdrie. Let's not start talking about big clubs. 

Not sure what club I support has to do with my comment? Im not comparing Airdrie to anyone.

The simple fact is that partick are a bigger club than Ayr and there is more chance of him eventually getting them up