The 2018/2019 New Kit Thread

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Is it just me, or are clubs a bit slower than normal in releasing their new kits this year?

I know that we have already received our kits. It's just our new sponsor pulled out at the last minute and now we are searching for a replacement. Which means it's still up in the air when they get revealed.

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

I know that we have already received our kits. It's just our new sponsor pulled out at the last minute and now we are searching for a replacement. Which means it's still up in the air when they get revealed.

Dick move. Do you know who it was?

15 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Is it just me, or are clubs a bit slower than normal in releasing their new kits this year?

This is typical of world cup years, when brands keep shirts behind wraps on purpose so as not to draw attention away from the World Cup. In some cases, it's also an issue with production; Grimsby Town had to delay their launch because suppliers Erreà had their factory churning out Iceland's NT tops.

Only the biggest clubs launch their kits early irrespective of the World Cup because they pull in big sales numbers regardless. Meanwhile, Macron has been able to launch their stuff with no problem as they don't have a team in Russia eating into their production capacity.

9 hours ago, XIII said:

Bit late to the party but Aberdeen had a few great keeper's tops in the mid nineties. I owned the first three theo-snelders-aberdeen-fc-08-august-1994-HN8XEB-1.jpg_20180610_083926.JPG_20180610_084009.JPG_20180610_083909.JPG231196-bells-premier-division-hibs-v-aberdeen-0-1-easter-road-edinburgh-bjepbb.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Kevin Morgan.  There's a blast from the past.  Five foot seven goalkeeper.  He was okay for County for half  a season.

Were they? I thought that was the whole point of it, that it's a charity.
Well, maybe I was slightly over the top with my earlier praise. [emoji20]

A Hearts supporting philanthropist paid Hearts for the shirt space and paid STC for the badge. So technically it’s the philanthropist that deserves the praise

But he’s preferred to be anonymous (although the veil of secrecy isn’t that thick)

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4268

A Hearts supporting philanthropist paid Hearts for the shirt space and paid STC for the badge. So technically it’s the philanthropist that deserves the praise

But he’s preferred to be anonymous (although the veil of secrecy isn’t that thick)

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4268
Earl of Rosebery?

This is typical of world cup years, when brands keep shirts behind wraps on purpose so as not to draw attention away from the World Cup. In some cases, it's also an issue with production; Grimsby Town had to delay their launch because suppliers Erreà had their factory churning out Iceland's NT tops.
Only the biggest clubs launch their kits early irrespective of the World Cup because they pull in big sales numbers regardless. Meanwhile, Macron has been able to launch their stuff with no problem as they don't have a team in Russia eating into their production capacity.

"only the biggest clubs"

that is certainly true as Dundee launched their new kit first dedpite our supplier being one of the best represented supplier at the WC!

7 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

"only the biggest clubs"

that is certainly true as Dundee launched their new kit first dedpite our supplier being one of the best represented supplier at the WC!

Dundee deal with a teamwear company, not Puma itself, if I recall correctly. Isn't your new home kit an off-the-peg template?

2 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Dundee deal with a teamwear company, not Puma itself, if I recall correctly. Isn't your new home kit an off-the-peg template?

I don't know if it's a template or bespoke, but you said only the biggest teams release their kits early.  No mention of teamwear or template. 

Dundee FC = massive. 

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I don't know if it's a template or bespoke, but you said only the biggest teams release their kits early.  No mention of teamwear or template. 

Dundee FC = massive. 

You did release yours before your tangerine neighbours did, so...... Dundee FC = Massive CONFIRMED

10 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

You did release yours before your tangerine neighbours did, so...... Dundee FC = Massive CONFIRMED

If you're looking for a greeny you're going the right way about it. 

22 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Killie have Nike and we had a bespoke one last year and again for 2019/2020.

This years one is off the peg though.

6 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

The religious rivalry wasn’t enough now starting a political rivalry with Celtic.

As I say, there is no guarantee these are genuine. Certainly sizes 104 and 128 suggest they aren't British, even taking into consideration the portly nature of some Rangers fans.

Archived