Skiddingston v TWF Dundee United | TWF Dundee United v Skiddingston - Playoffs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe that Durnan didn't start especially when facing an opposing aerial threat and a strong physical presence. Dreadful decision making - not sure what Manager was thinking about but nothing new there.

If Durnan is surplus to requirements please send him back to Palmerston where he would be welcomed with open arms.

Tie not over though but to have any chance United will have to really stand up and be counted. No evidence that this group of players has that desire and will to win but as always you never know.

4 hours ago, GAD said:

Yeah, you were better than us that day, luckily we were much better than everyone else over the course of the season and win the league so it didn't really matter in the end. 

That's cause you had the right referee in those other games. :thumsup2

One of the best teams I saw playing against us was the away defeat to St Mirren, ran us ragged that day and deservedly beat us 3-1, but the 4-1 win was going on 8-1 and it didn't flatter us that day either, and had feckall to do with having the 'right referee', we've had plenty of shit refs not giving us stonewaller pens and other shit going against us (Hibs cup defeat being a prime example of one) but we kept on going and gave it our all, and played some decent stuff along the way, which nobody wants to credit us with. Last night's late goals came from pressing players and forcing errors, then a couple of good individual bits of play and finishing. Byrne and Pittman being right in amongst it too, as they have been all season.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

One of the best teams I saw playing against us was the away defeat to St Mirren, ran us ragged that day and deservedly beat us 3-1, but the 4-1 win was going on 8-1 and it didn't flatter us that day either, and had feckall to do with having the 'right referee', we've had plenty of shit refs not giving us stonewaller pens and other shit going against us (Hibs cup defeat being a prime example of one) but we kept on going and gave it our all, and played some decent stuff along the way, which nobody wants to credit us with. Last night's late goals came from pressing players and forcing errors, then a couple of good individual bits of play and finishing. Byrne and Pittman being right in amongst it too, as they have been all season.

This is a really weird wee tantrum you are having. Nobody said any of your previous wins were because you had the right referee, and Livi have had absolutely loads of credit for the season they've had.

You need the "right referee" in that you need someone who isn't going to pander to the bigger team (the team who is "supposed" to be in the Prem) or be swayed by the bigger crowd, or by any reputation Livi may have for being physical. If the ref decides to penalise you off the pitch and start dishing out yellows with the Dundee or Thistle crowd screaming for everything you'll struggle. Now put the dummy back in.

10 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'll give you that...the 4-1 game was an absolute destruction of us. I don't think we played terribly that day, being up within the first few minutes, but your team were more physical, stronger, and IMHO wanted it more. You worked well as a team and exploited our weaknesses, which on the day was a back line short in stature who were playing far too high up the park. There was one or two iffy decisions from the referee that day, and we did have a wee spell that we looked like we might have staged a comeback after half time but in the end you were vastly the better team.  

I don't think Livi would win any awards for playing pretty football, but you've got a decent side in there, and you've even managed to get the most out of Hardie, which is no mean feat given how sh*te he was with us...

1 minute ago, GAD said:

This is a really weird wee tantrum you are having. Nobody said any of your previous wins were because you had the right referee, and Livi have had absolutely loads of credit for the season they've had.

You need the "right referee" in that you need someone who isn't going to pander to the bigger team (the team who is "supposed" to be in the Prem) or be swayed by the bigger crowd, or by any reputation Livi may have for being physical. If the ref decides to penalise you off the pitch and start dishing out yellows with the Dundee or Thistle crowd screaming for everything you'll struggle. Now put the dummy back in.

Not sure where you got that he was having a tantrum. It appeared he was just responding to your post as far as I read it.

The 4 - 1 win at our place was hastened by a couple of comedy  moments defence wise.

We all know from bitter experience the impact a hostile crowd at either Ibrox or Parkhead can have on the referee. It is human nature to be effective by such a bombardment of vitriol at every conceivable decision point; a professionally experienced referee should still manage to rise about it but unfortunately there seem few of those around.

23 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Can't believe that Durnan didn't start especially when facing an opposing aerial threat and a strong physical presence. Dreadful decision making - not sure what Manager was thinking about but nothing new there.

If Durnan is surplus to requirements please send him back to Palmerston where he would be welcomed with open arms.

He's not fully fit. Been struggling with an ankle injury for a while. I doubt he could do 90 minutes. That's why he didn't play at Palmerston.

Just now, GAD said:

:lol:

Back at you buddy, take a settler.

Came across you were saying we'd only win if a ref was lenient to us and gave us everything, that has rarely happened this season but we still got to where we are. We've managed just fine even when refs have given everything they could against us, some deserved, some not. 

Mostly it has been opposition managers bombarding the pre match interviews with our physical style of play, imo  it is a bit of gamesmanship to get refs focussed on our players more than theirs, some refs are just murder though and nobody wants them, not just us. 

24 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Tie not over though but to have any chance United will have to really stand up and be counted. No evidence that this group of players has that desire and will to win but as always you never know.

Two centre halves on the bench and they play a centre mid in centre defence was madness, get away with it at times but against a Livvy team with serious  aerial and running directly with 110% isnt for the novice.

The keeper doesn't help either, he doesn't have the experience either and Id expect my keeper to do better with the goals he lost last night.

Far to many pampered or not good enough players at Utd and thats probably why Flood lost it, never really seen him go that ape shit afore

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

:lol:

Back at you buddy, take a settler.

Came across you were saying we'd only win if a ref was lenient to us and gave us everything, that has rarely happened this season but we still got to where we are. We've managed just fine even when refs have given everything they could against us, some deserved, some not. 

Mostly it has been opposition managers bombarding the pre match interviews with our physical style of play, imo  it is a bit of gamesmanship to get refs focussed on our players more than theirs, some refs are just murder though and nobody wants them, not just us. 

So basically you didn't understand the post, got it wrong and had a wee tantrum. Good of you to admit it, apology accepted and hopefully you learn from this.

Just now, JimmyMirren said:

I'll give you that...the 4-1 game was an absolute destruction of us. I don't think we played terribly that day, being up within the first few minutes, but your team were more physical, stronger, and IMHO wanted it more. You worked well as a team and exploited our weaknesses, which on the day was a back line short in stature who were playing far too high up the park. There was one or two iffy decisions from the referee that day, and we did have a wee spell that we looked like we might have staged a comeback after half time but in the end you were vastly the better team.  

I don't think Livi would win any awards for playing pretty football, but you've got a decent side in there, and you've even managed to get the most out of Hardie, which is no mean feat given how sh*te he was with us...

Maybe not as pretty as St Mirren but we have our moments. Yeah Hardie has been phenomenal for us, huge loss but thankfully we've goal scorers all through our team, 18 different players have scored goals for us this season, so we're not just reliant on the one player to get us goals.

Just now, GAD said:

So basically you didn't understand the post, got it wrong and had a wee tantrum. Good of you to admit it, apology accepted and hopefully you learn from this.

No tantrum, just setting you straight and you over reacted, HTH. 

Just now, Durnford said:

Not sure where you got that he was having a tantrum. It appeared he was just responding to your post as far as I read it.

The 4 - 1 win at our place was hastened by a couple of comedy  moments defence wise.

We all know from bitter experience the impact a hostile crowd at either Ibrox or Parkhead can have on the referee. It is human nature to be effective by such a bombardment of vitriol at every conceivable decision point; a professionally experienced referee should still manage to rise about it but unfortunately there seem few of those around.

Neither do I, he's just just making shit up I think.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

No tantrum, just setting you straight and you over reacted, HTH. 

Set me straight about what? You ended up agreeing with me, after your wee strop of course.

10 minutes ago, GAD said:

Acht away! If you thought that was a tantrum P&B is not for you. :lol:8)

4 minutes ago, orco said:

Acht away! If you thought that was a tantrum P&B is not for you. :lol:8)

It's Ok, I set him straight and he now agrees with me. All sorted.

5 minutes ago, Durnford said:

For those struggling to understand what a real tantrum looks like the following may be of some assistance:

Why did the Livi guy go down clutching his face when Flood clearly pushes him in the chest?

Bit of a minter. 

7 minutes ago, Durnford said:

For those struggling to understand what a real tantrum looks like the following may be of some assistance:

Can you not stray off topic ffs, please? :angry:

Archived