Skiddingston v TWF Dundee United | TWF Dundee United v Skiddingston - Playoffs

18 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Think we played a blinder re: Hardie.

Hardie limped off v Utd on the last game of the season. They must've known back then that he was out for the season but let United prepare for the game as though they were facing up against him. Mind games on another level

You really think we put in that sort of preparation? I’d be shocked if Csaba even knew any of the Livi players names. Apart from Danny DeVita. Everybody knows him.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

So many people make excuse as to why it won't be them, since they're better than us. They can explain each of our wins but as soon as they lose to us it's excuses. I can't see this being any different at all. 

Main focus is on doing the job and getting to the final. It's only a goal we're ahead. Or 4 if away goals are double :D 

Yes; after all its still  only half-time in the semi-final. United could be a complete revelation in the next game after getting a real shock last night and, whoever is their stand in captain, could do an excellent job and galvanise the team.

It makes me jumpy when so many (admittedly supporters from other teams) are talking like its all over and we are already in the final. We most definitely aren't; with ninety minutes (at least) still to play for I imagine the second leg could be a lot cagier affair where we cannot afford to drop an early goal.

31 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

So many people make excuse as to why it won't be them, since they're better than us. They can explain each of our wins but as soon as they lose to us it's excuses. I can't see this being any different at all. 

Main focus is on doing the job and getting to the final. It's only a goal we're ahead. Or 4 if away goals are double :D 

Wouldn't know.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

May have been mentioned but who was Flood having a go at in the direction of the dugout? An absolutely supreme heads gone moment. The camera push was like something from the WWE.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Livi last night and look forward to the next leg.

Was just arguing with Smeagol iirc

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

May have been mentioned but who was Flood having a go at in the direction of the dugout? An absolutely supreme heads gone moment. The camera push was like something from the WWE.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Livi last night and look forward to the next leg.

Having a go at Lazlo's catastrophic substitution strategums, apparently.

Throughout the season folk have been quick to criticise Livi's style of play as robust, physical etc, but I thought their pressing for the 3rd goal was excellent. Would like to see us doing that more frequently next season as there aren't many teams at this level that are comfortable playing out from the back IMO.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Jesus! Listen; its perfectly simple.

Away goals are doubled if the away side scores double else they remain as single unless there is an "R" in the month (or Err if you come from Fife); it rains on the third day of Pentecost and Brechin is indeed a city.

The home side get an additional goal advantage if the home side plays near Grangemouth and has a pretty massive crowd; however that advantage is ignored if the opponents fail to play football "in the proper way".

The goal difference between the physical home and away goals (where the game is played between May and August)  or virtual home and away goals at other times of the year can be augmented by and additional award calculated by the number of penalties won throughout the season compared with those given away. Taking the number you first thought of and multiply it by the number of games cancelled due to frost/waterlogged pitch, then placing to one side until the word Maudling is almost totally obscured.

Failing the above away goals count as goals for the team that scored them but only if and when awarded by a duly authorised representative of the SFA; goals awarded by members of the P&B forum are not valid unless in agreement with the above.

Not withstanding this the winner of a game of football will be the team to have scored the most number of goals in the opponents goal; Likewise away own goals do not count double for the home-side neither will own goals scored by the home side count double for the away side for the same reasons as previously explained.

Now of course if one team prefer to handle their score in binary terms then one goal remains 1 but two goals become 10; of course if you score four goals it then becomes 100 which would be good if we converted our last home game against St. Mirren where we won 100 - 1

Clear?

19 minutes ago, banana said:

Having a go at Lazlo's catastrophic substitution strategums, apparently.

I wish Flood had hooked Laszlo and broken his fucking jaw. That way he couldnt moan about the schedule being tough on us. You know, the schedule that hes rested and rotated the squad for over the last 8 games.

Pretty sad to see so many DABs advocating violence here. Its just a game of football.

Dont fall into the trap of thinking that because the Police did nothing whilst Livi absolutely mugged yous, you can just do what you want.

Lee Miller only does what he wants ON THE PITCH*

*Lee Miller does what he wants anytime, anywhere.

Not really had the energy today to look through what has been said but the capitulation last night sums us up this season. Players going into hiding, making catastrophic mistakes, compounded by bizarre changes from the manager. Last night had shades of MyPa and I left the ground in disbelief as to how we managed to throw it away. Yes we have been poor all season but the final 20 minutes last night was a level above anything that had come before it.

5 hours ago, banana said:

Shabba probably won't be expected to win a playoff final should we get there, so a humping at this stage might be for the best to get the chancer out the door pronto.

Honestly, i could deal with another season down here if it meant we got pumped 6 - 0 on Friday and Shabby was hoofed.

Id then promise him id drive him to Edinburgh airport for free, dump him outside Glasgow somewhere, make some excuses up about bad road signs and roadworks that weren't really there and finish off with 'but at least the sun is fucking shining.'

ETA we'll be down here anyway

Archived