Skiddingston v TWF Dundee United | TWF Dundee United v Skiddingston - Playoffs

7 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

It's not like Falkirk didn't know the situation, they were "denied" after spending the money on players and not the death trap that was Brockville.

Aye keep trawling that old chestnut out. If wed spent the amount of cash needed to bring brockville up to standard on players we'd have won the premier league never mind been struggling  to get oot the championship.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The play-offs are great. Baffling anyone would want rid of them.

From my experience, people who don't like them tend to be #AgainstModernFootball bores

^^^ Supports the team who finished 4th

I'm more of a Sporting Integrity type guy - the team who finishes higher in the same league should be involved. Inter-divisional playoffs are a good thing that we should be encouraging.

17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

^^^ Supports the team who finished 4th

I'm more of a Sporting Integrity type guy - the team who finishes higher in the same league should be involved. Inter-divisional playoffs are a good thing that we should be encouraging.

I'd support them regardless of where Dunfermline finished.

I'd change them a little bit but if you don't win a league of 10, then I don't think you have any right to automatic promotion

Flood definitely out, Mehmet definitely out and Mohsni probably out. Starting lineup for me...

Lewis

Ralston

Murdoch

Durnan

Scobbie

McMullan

Gillespie

Stanton

King

McDonald

Mikkelsen

Subs - 7 Emil Lyngs

Fourth place out of twelve though? The Scottish Cup gets one...why not the League Cup too?
Isn't it only really 3rd place... 4th only gets a European slot if the Cup winners aren't already qualified for Europe through League placings. England give 2 Europa League slots to the League and one each to the cups. We have one fewer place. A team can win the League Cup by negotiating a round of 16, quarter final, semi final then final. 4 games and they can win them all on penalties. At least in the Scottish Cup there are a few more rounds to negotiate - and no seeding. A team finishing 3rd or even 4th in the League has shown consistently over the season that they are one of the best teams in the country. Seems fair enough

10 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
5 hours ago, JimmyMirren said:
Fourth place out of twelve though? The Scottish Cup gets one...why not the League Cup too?

Isn't it only really 3rd place... 4th only gets a European slot if the Cup winners aren't already qualified for Europe through League placings. England give 2 Europa League slots to the League and one each to the cups. We have one fewer place. A team can win the League Cup by negotiating a round of 16, quarter final, semi final then final. 4 games and they can win them all on penalties. At least in the Scottish Cup there are a few more rounds to negotiate - and no seeding. A team finishing 3rd or even 4th in the League has shown consistently over the season that they are one of the best teams in the country. Seems fair enough

What about away goals?

The more I think about it, the more I think one of two things will happen:

1: We'll get utterly pumped. 4 or 5 nil. A proper meltdown. Emil Lyng to run into the stands at full time and punch me square in the coupon.

Or...

2: United win 2-0.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Any Livi fans (or anyone else!) know how busy the Queensferry bridge is likely to be at about 6pm - 6.30pm on Friday?

Ive no idea but im anticipating being on the Tay bridge just before 10pm that night.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

The more I think about it, the more I think one of two things will happen:

1: We'll get utterly pumped. 4 or 5 nil. A proper meltdown. Emil Lyng to run into the stands at full time and punch me square in the coupon.

Or...

2: United win 2-0.

By the time it would take for Lyng to run into the stand you would be half way home.

3 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Flood definitely out, Mehmet definitely out and Mohsni probably out. Starting lineup for me...

Lewis

Ralston

Murdoch

Durnan

Scobbie

McMullan

Gillespie

Stanton

King

McDonald

Mikkelsen

Subs - 7 Emil Lyngs

Thats the team id go with.

Other than 7 Emil Lyngs...one is enough to scare the kids away.

What’s the deal with McMullan? Tore us a bit of a new one when we were pumped at Tannadice back in December, but it seems like he’s not exactly kicked on since then. Couldn’t have been any more of a shitebag than Ralston was down the right hand side when presented with acres of space bar the once.

6 minutes ago, Afro said:

What’s the deal with McMullan? Tore us a bit of a new one when we were pumped at Tannadice back in December, but it seems like he’s not exactly kicked on since then. Couldn’t have been any more of a shitebag than Ralston was down the right hand side when presented with acres of space bar the once.

Our genius of a manager evidently doesn't rate him. He's no Emil Lyng, that's for sure.

39 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Thats the team id go with.

Other than 7 Emil Lyngs...one is enough to scare the kids away.

Fucking frightening..... This useless c**t has got me wishing we had quality the likes of Anier back.......

Jesus Fucking Christ.......:shutup

Our genius of a manager evidently doesn't rate him. He's no Emil Lyng, that's for sure.

Well, that makes sense. I’m still extremely nervous for Friday despite United’s collapse on Monday and United’s fans’ insistence, to a man, that they have the mental fortitude of a bit of wet bog roll.

47 minutes ago, Afro said:

Well, that makes sense. I’m still extremely nervous for Friday despite United’s collapse on Monday and United’s fans’ insistence, to a man, that they have the mental fortitude of a bit of wet bog roll.

That's a horrible  thing to say and fucking outrageously unfair....

What has a bit of wet bogroll ever done to you?

7 hours ago, MacArab said:

That's a horrible  thing to say and fucking outrageously unfair....

What has a bit of wet bogroll ever done to you?

Like our team, wet bog roll  immediately disintegrates when up against arseholes.

Although our team have never been on a roll...

Archived