The 2018 Play-Off Thread

Play-Offs  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

It's happened again. 

I’m sitting, arms folded and shouting profanity at the tele. 

Que sera sera getting adopted by ever single club as well.

Villa fans singing "where were you when we were shit?".

They do realise that this is only their second season outside of the top tier since '88? I'd say they're pretty shit at the moment. 

Starting to think that the Scottish playoffs are better than the English ones.

At least one of the lower league teams has to (sort of) prove that they're better than the team from the higher league. Creates a double-edged sword, e.g. Alloa were playing for promotion on Sunday, while Dumbarton were playing against relegation. A lot of these English ties, especially in the Championship, are just utter shitfests.

19 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

My guide for when to invade the pitch:

• Promotion.
  • A "great escape"/a wee team escaping relegation.
  • A dramatic title win. 
  • Goading. 

B615BF69-ABAA-44AC-86F8-A746649B063D.jpeg

Do wonder why fans go on the pitch when we haven’t been promoted/won a Cup/League. 

Wasn’t too worried apart from the freekick at the end. 

The Chester chance and Grealish forcing a good save from Randolph were our best chances.

Very workmanlike from us.

I worry about our lack of pace in the Final.

Guest DAVIDB69

Falkirk getting rubbished on the play off game , walking round supermarkets is the entertainment

Trying to get tickets for the play off final in the Fulham end. They have been allocated around 38000 but have decided to allow season ticket holders to purchase 5 each. Members are next and again allowed to purchase 5 each. Next are ones with booking history(me) again allowed 5 tickets. I have an anxious wait till Sunday morning in the hope there’s still a ticket left. 

Villa I believe have allowed season ticket holders only 1 per person. 5 I feel is too much. 

I've been told Fulham are allowing anyone with a booking history to buy five each... even those who have only ever bought tickets for their "neutral end", including Villa fans who have only ever been to Craven Cottage to watch Fulham v Villa.

Five per person seems excessive. Better to let people who occasionally attend games go then give loads of tickets to people who never bother their arse to visit but have friends that do.

What I believe to be the case is if your only booking history for Fulham is for a Villa game then you will NOT be allowed to purchase tickets for this match. I’m unsure of how this could be policed though. The problem I have is will there be enough come Sunday morning after season ticket holders and members have had their share of upto 5 each. From the Fulham forum and twitter it seems there are a good few Fulham ST holders who have taken their full allocation for their non Fulham supporting mates or even to sell on for a profit. Here’s hoping i can get one on Sunday morning 

33 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I've been told Fulham are allowing anyone with a booking history to buy five each... even those who have only ever bought tickets for their "neutral end", including Villa fans who have only ever been to Craven Cottage to watch Fulham v Villa.

Five per person seems excessive. Better to let people who occasionally attend games go then give loads of tickets to people who never bother their arse to visit but have friends that do.

Definitely that’s crazy if they’ve done it that way. 

Guest Moomintroll

Officials in this game displaying far too much common sense and humour to defuse situations, it'll never catch on.

Very enjoyable first half.  I'm sure McNulty's regretting turning us down to stay in England! Should be an interesting second half and I wouldn't be surprised at a couple of red cards. 

Guest Moomintroll
Very enjoyable first half.  I'm sure McNulty's regretting turning us down to stay in England! Should be an interesting second half and I wouldn't be surprised at a couple of red cards. 
Game has put that Boro Villa "game" to shame, just shading the Fulham game as the best of the playoffs up to this point. No matter how it finishes, the inevitable pitch invasion will leave me seething.

Notts County have been fucked by the officials over both games. Horrendously soft penalty for Coventry to equalise in the first leg, and now a perfectly fine equaliser ruled out for offside. 

7 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
28 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Game has put that Boro Villa "game" to shame, just shading the Fulham game as the best of the playoffs up to this point. No matter how it finishes, the inevitable pitch invasion will leave me seething.

Yep. it's been about the best one I've seen.  And there's  the third. Coventry fans will be back to singing about Wembley again now!

Archived