Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

3 hours ago, kefc said:

Fair assessment Gogsy..

We have a clear plan going forward at Kelty over the next 2 to 5 years, if we get bids on players from other clubs then the board and management have the right to accept or refuse them. If players want more game time they are also well within their rights to ask to leave. Players leaving will also have their view which is what Jimmy G is more than likely hearing from his neck of the woods.

The squad has been strengthened in some areas where we were knew we were short in due to the difference in the Lowland League, this was going to be addressed even before the new management team came in ie in balance with the number of central midfielders, pace, legs on bigger pitches and some creativity in the final 3rd to help the existing squad. The manager has introduced 2 x 19 year olds from the 20’s who complement those strengths and as it stands are now regular starters and deservedly so. That means naturally some players will find it tough to get the game time they desire.

The boys have done ever so well this season getting into the top 4 as it stands, that was the goal at the start of the season made all the more impressive after taking the hit of losing a manager that brought them all here and shared success in the Juniors over 4 years. 

We are thinking of holding a meet the manager/board night at the ground for season ticket holders early this year to share the plan off the pitch and the new management teams vision for the future on the pitch,  it should enlighten people to any decisions being made.

Great idea! 

9 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Ferguson was notorious for falling out with players at his time with Clyde and we went through a ridiculous number of players.

Quite possibly he’s learned from that experience like he has openly admitted. I haven’t seen any fall outs thus far, he’s actually went over and above the call of duty on a few occasions helping some of our players.

He will get more support in the background and a bit of stability at Kelty than I think he did at Clyde which I left him frustrated. I’m sure we won’t go through a ridiculous number of players in a short period. He always said he was happy with the squad but (as was planned by the last manager also) a couple were always going to be added to help us on our way. That will most likely be us till the summer barring any injuries.

Edited by kefc

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 22:30, kefc said:

Quite possibly he’s learned from that experience like he has openly admitted. I haven’t seen any fall outs thus far, he’s actually went over and above the call of duty on a few occasions helping some of our players.

He will get more support in the background and a bit of stability at Kelty than I think he did at Clyde which I left him frustrated. I’m sure we won’t go through a ridiculous number of players in a short period. He always said he was happy with the squad but (as was planned by the last manager also) a couple were always going to be added to help us on our way. That will most likely be us till the summer barring any injuries.

Fair enough but letting Nimmo go is a huge mistake in my opinion, he would actually be one of the first names on the teamsheet for me. 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is Wee Barry Armband taking the weekend off his management duties to play in the 6’s tourney at the Hydro or is he juggling both ?

He's sent a traffic cone with a photo of him taped on it to TFS to take his place in the dugout tomorrow

28 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Heard hes putting eleven traffic cones out on the pitch , East Stirling might get something out of this game if he does. (Ure will still have two of them in emergency at Larbert hospital though).:)

IDK about the first bit, but it might help Kelty given Shire beat a team of 11 of their players in the Challenge Cup 

You are better concentrating on next season, in the hope that East Kilbride either go up this season or start to feel the pinch financially. Cannot see you catching East Kilbride now in the remaining 12 matches.

However, still cannot see you getting anywhere with Ferguson in charge.

Good luck anyway.

On this page we have had posts and opinions from supporters of Cowdenbeath, Linlithgow, Boness, East Stirlingshire, Falkirk and Clyde.
Got to take the interest as some sort of compliment.
No,it just goes to prove that you can't type while playing banjo serenades to your sister.

19 hours ago, kefc said:

On this page we have had posts and opinions from supporters of Cowdenbeath, Linlithgow, Boness, East Stirlingshire, Falkirk and Clyde.

Got to take the interest as some sort of compliment.

Interested to see how Kelty get on. However, as I have said before, it won't be good as long as the clueless fud is in charge.

Let me get this right...

Kelty are leading 2-0 well into 2nd half. Their 'keeper is sent off.

Andy Rogers comes on and makes it 2-1. Then he makes it 2-2 with 2mins left.

Then in stoppage time Kelty score to lead 3-2, indeed so late 'Shire twitter says it'll be the last kick of the game.

Then when it isn't Allum equalises for 3-3?

Some game that.

Let me get this right...

Kelty are leading 2-0 well into 2nd half. Their 'keeper is sent off.

Andy Rogers comes on and makes it 2-1. Then he makes it 2-2 with 2mins left.

Then in stoppage time Kelty score to lead 3-2, indeed so late 'Shire twitter says it'll be the last kick of the game.

Then when it isn't Allum equalises for 3-3?

Some game that.

I think it was Graeme McGregor that scored the 3rd.

Keeper was daft, should've took the goal and kept 11 on as we were never in it.

I got the goal as the 94th minute for Kelty, with 5 subs being made, added time for a palava in which we should've seen a red and with their keeper sent off I thought at least 5 minutes was fair. Then you add in the lengthy celebrations when Kelty thought they had won the game.

Then we go up the park and score.

Fuckin priceless