Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Just now, fafc1885 said:

Blacklock away to Dundee North End permanently. Much like his loan in the first place, it’ll likely never be mentioned by the club.

Yeah club also tried to offload Whyte but he refused. 

Call me sentimental but I'd be happy if Whyte stuck around for years to come, he might never get back to how he was before the injuries but if you could guarantee that he starts even just 10 games a season then what he offers in terms of professionalism and versatility more than makes that worth it.

If he'd have been completely injury free he should of went on to be playing every week as club captain.

Edited by ScottishLoon

5 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

If he'd have been completely injury free he should of went on to be playing every week as club captain.

If he was injury free and not injury prone he would’ve been playing at a higher level than us.

2 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

If he was injury free and not injury prone he would’ve been playing at a higher level than us.

Another player who has done well out of the club over the years, its time to move on.

On 12/01/2024 at 16:02, Dan Steele said:

When you're in the position of being close enough to hear the trapdoor to the HL squeaking and where every game is a fight for survival to sign a 'striker' who switches off and who often looks as if he'd be anywhere else

"This week's Star Man accolade belongs to a player making his second debut for the Loons."

GD-RKJHa4AAkdjH.jpeg.3defbb11a8e9d5c612f6eaac38f838d3.jpeg

😂🤭 Now I remember why I stopped putting on a coupon. 😂

Ray McKinnon has been chatting to The Courier, they're expecting a crowd of over 3500! Been a long time since Station Park has held so many people.

What are we reckoning lads Forfar 0-3 Hibs, Forfar 0-4 Hibs?

Edited by Bridie Vision
Clarity

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

Ray McKinnon has been chatting to The Courier, they're expecting a crowd of over 3500! Been a long time since Station Park has held so many people.

What are we reckoning lads 3-0 Hibs, 4-0 to Hibs?

I love your reckoning, however, I reckon it will be 0-3 Hibs😉

26 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

I love your reckoning, however, I reckon it will be 0-3 Hibs😉

I clarified what I meant. Forfar to win 3 nil is never going to happen, but I won't be upset with a Rusty or Skelly hat-trick. I intended to say Hibs win 3-0. 😆

3 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

I clarified what I meant. Forfar to win 3 nil is never going to happen, but I won't be upset with a Rusty or Skelly hat-trick. I intended to say Hibs win 3-0. 😆

I know, just pulling your ticket.

have a great day, day/games like this make me wish I could be there. Hope it's one you can tell the grandkids about.

Do think Hibs TV will be filming, maybe find a sneaky wee stream

On 18/01/2024 at 07:32, Bridie Vision said:

What are we reckoning lads Forfar 0-3 Hibs, Forfar 0-4 Hibs?

Can't see anything else other than a comfortable Hibees victory, but you never know, stranger things have happened.

I'm really looking forward to the game despite not expecting to get anything from it. Really can't wait to see a decent crowd inside SP again, and have a bit of an atmosphere.

It really is a free hit for us, hopefully we just go out and have real go at them, absolutely no point in trying to sit in and defend the inevitable. Just go and make a real cup tie of it and give us something to cheer about on the day.

Edited by ForfarLoon84

8 hours ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Can't see anything else other than a comfartable Hibees victory, but you never know, stranger things have happened.

I'm really looking forward to the game despite not expecting to get anything from it. Really can't wait to see a devent crowd inside SP again, and have a bit of an atmosphere.

It really is a free hit for us, hopefully we just go out and have real go at them, absolutely no point in trying to sit in and defend the inevitable. Just go and make a real cup tie of it and give us something to cheer about on the day.

If we start like the St Mirren game then I  will be raging!!

One thing about big cup games, you see folk you haven't seen for decades. 😆

On 11/01/2024 at 23:16, D TOTAL said:

Assume you’re not particularly impressed with mutale or has he been utilised poorly? Had some decent expectations when sending him on loan to the big boy leagues 

Stenny fans seemed to think Mutale made things tougher for them a couple weeks back after coming on at half time when they thought Forfar hadn't laid a glove on them in the first half, for whatever it's worth. Can't say it's not been a disappointing loan spell, but I reckon he is nowhere near the real problem with this rubbish Loons team.

Hopefully Mohammed will help that, not seen too much of him but what I have seen has been promising. Boy seems to be a terrier, always fighting and scraping for the ball and looking for opportunities. Wee bit of hype about him from his time at Alloa and he'll hopefully take to this level well.

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Stenny fans seemed to think Mutale made things tougher for them a couple weeks back after coming on at half time when they thought Forfar hadn't laid a glove on them in the first half, for whatever it's worth. Can't say it's not been a disappointing loan spell, but I reckon he is nowhere near the real problem with this rubbish Loons team.

Hopefully Mohammed will help that, not seen too much of him but what I have seen has been promising. Boy seems to be a terrier, always fighting and scraping for the ball and looking for opportunities. Wee bit of hype about him from his time at Alloa and he'll hopefully take to this level well.

There’s no doubt there’s a player there in Mutale but he’s a luxury player, he doesn’t seem up for the fight, a bit lazy, though ballistically quick, and not very interested. Mohammed sounds like the kind of character we need right now.