Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, May Rckinnon said:

Back to normal with no full time result posted on the happy clapping network until at least 9pm having shat the bed today.

Old habits die hard.

Pravda will be working overtime spinning pish after that today.

Edited by nofixedability

1 hour ago, May Rckinnon said:

Back to normal with no full time result posted on the happy clapping network until at least 9pm having shat the bed today.

Old habits die hard.

Aye can read Paul Wilson like a book with his social media antics🤣🤣

That was an absolute disgrace today, had you offered me a draw before the game kicked off I would’ve been happy (notwithstanding the other results today). Cruising the first half then to capitulate a 3-0 advantage 🙈 Defend at the front, clear your lines at every opportunity, keep possession as much as you can, it’s not rocket science. There’s negative and there’s suicidal tactics. Defending deep against a pretty slick team is rarely going to work, not recognising that down the left flank is where they’re getting penetration is amateur. Honestly, if we held on at 3-2 it would’ve still felt like a defeat.

The pitch invasion at the equaliser,, as always our stewards failed miserably. The one that decided that running about for ages gesturing gets thrown out, really should’ve been lifted and received a banning order, school boy or  not.

Full time outside, more trouble from this new mob that I’d never seen at Station Park before the Hibs game, now causing trouble every week. The security manage to hound out a few sets of young ones before that were really no trouble, largely just youthful exuberance but this new lot are intent on bother yet aren’t getting the same attention?

Edited by theSilverFox

24 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

That was an absolute disgrace today, had you offered me a draw before the game kicked off I would’ve been happy (notwithstanding the other results today). Cruising the first half then to capitulate a 3-0 advantage 🙈 Defend at the front, clear your lines at every opportunity, keep possession as much as you can, it’s not rocket science. There’s negative and there’s suicidal tactics. Defending deep against a pretty slick team is rarely going to work, not recognising that down the left flank is where they’re getting penetration is amateur. Honestly, if we held on at 3-2 it would’ve still felt like a defeat.

The pitch invasion at the equaliser,, as always our stewards failed miserably. The one that decided that running about for ages gesturing gets thrown out, really should’ve been lifted and received a banning order, school boy or  not.

Full time outside, more trouble from this new mob that I’d never seen at Station Park before the Hibs game, now causing trouble every week. The security manage to hound out a few sets of young ones before that were really no trouble, largely just youthful exuberance but this new lot are intent on bother yet aren’t getting the same attention?

Feel sorry for the p/t stewards trying to control young guys just out to cause bother.

24 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Aye 11 men behind the ball in the 2nd half is a disgrace at 3 up, we looked lie a completely different side in the 2nd half!  Down the left hand side has been an issue I have noticed, last week at Dumbarton Brindley was isolated for both goals.... Still not sure if it was Skelly or Robson who was meant to be playing on the left?? 

There was a number of fans on the pitch who I reckon knew they would get away with it after the last time they were here but yeah the one boy who was allowed to nearly do a lap of the pitch was an embarrassment! to the stewards!

The new young team are a joke, exactly what the stewards deserve though! pushed the ones out that actually created a friendly, welcoming atmosphere and have encouraged young thugs that look out for the supporters bus pulling up to pick the fans up1 They have no interest in the football at all!!!

12 minutes ago, frustrated fan said:

Feel sorry for the p/t stewards trying to control young guys just out to cause bother.

What bother did they cause inside the ground?? I only seen Peterhead fans entering the field of play? The young ones caused the bother outside the ground and the stewards have nothing to do with that, its left to everyone else to try and calm down!

44 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Clear your lines at every opportunity, keep possession as much as you can, a bit of a contradiction is it not?

I think I’m still in a bit of disbelief how we managed to throw away a 3 nil lead in 45 minutes. 

I see the club have tried to get away with minimal abuse on social media by posting the full time score on Facebook under the cover of darkness. 🤣 I doubt there is another club in the world that updates their fans with the full time score at midnight?

2 hours ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

I think I’m still in a bit of disbelief how we managed to throw away a 3 nil lead in 45 minutes. 

I see the club have tried to get away with minimal abuse on social media by posting the full time score on Facebook under the cover of darkness. 🤣 I doubt there is another club in the world that updates their fans with the full time score at midnight?

Pravda for the happy clappers. Their manipulation attempts are primary school level.

Nothing against brindley he's still been really good going forward but we definitely need a more reliable in defence left back in the summer.

I know theres not a load out there these days but I don't fancy having to rely on a loan or playing someone out of position for another season.

20 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Nothing against brindley he's still been really good going forward but we definitely need a more reliable in defence left back in the summer.

I know theres not a load out there these days but I don't fancy having to rely on a loan or playing someone out of position for another season.

I'm not sure Brindley has done a lot wrong for any of the goals yesterday? Could maybe have stopped the cross for the first.

Meanwhile the marking in the centre for goals two and three is non existent. 

2 hours ago, lwh said:

There’s no conspiracy behind the lack of Facebook posting, I simply forgot I was in charge of posting on there now. 

apologies folks 

Forgetting to post what is likely the one post people are most likely to want/need to see, the full time score. Seems likely...