Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

9 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

I see our match preview today talks about what might have been if it wasn't for injuries. Two points on that:

1. I don't believe we've had many issues in terms of injuries, struggling to think of too many long term absentees bar Craig Thomson (not injured, and barely started since available) or Darren Whyte (persona non gratis). Our only injuries have been short term.

2. It sounds like the club are making excuses to justify this terrible season, as is we'd have been head to head with Stenny without a couple of knocks here and there. It tells me that they're sticking with Ray and don't see a problem with this season.

It's now over 30 years since the move to 4 divisions, in that time we've been a tier 4 on 10 (soon to be 11) occasions, this is only the 2nd season of those 10 that we haven't been in the promotion hunt in this league, even last year we nearly made the playoffs. We should be aiming for promotion every season in this league, not meekly accepting a season where we were looking over our shoulder the whole time

I agree, we can't play the injury card when you look at other teams this season in all the leagues. Clyde have had more injuries than us, and look at Arbroath they had their 2nd choice keeper play out field because they could only name 3 on the bench (I'll ignore the fact Ali Adams scored a 30 yard screamer in his "outfield outing").

Skelly has had a few injuries but they've been 2 or 3 weeks at a time at most.

You're right Thommo has been our longest absentee (since the club have erased Daz from history) and whilst he did have an injury his absence was mostly due to firefighter training. 

However, it's not surprising the way the board have worded this. We all know that not being relegated is viewed as successful for this club. When we inevitably go down to the Highland League I imagine the first season the target will be "get into the pyramid playoff" if that doesn't happen then the club will be happy to mingle with Nairn, Keith and Inverurie for midtable boredom.

2 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Less said about today's game the better I think we should all agree

Apt finish to a terrible season, no doubt the happy clappers will somehow spin it as a positive.

2 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Apt finish to a terrible season, no doubt the happy clappers will somehow spin it as a positive.

"We were unlucky. I think the lads played really well and deserved to win the game. The scoreline heavily flatters the hosts." - Ray McKinnon 

"We were s**** and deserved a  drubbing to sum up the season." - majority of Forfar fans.

Just now, tbsouth said:

Even though I won £260  for over 3 goals , totally disgusted by that abject performance , the club is a mess.

Enjoy your winnings. About the only positive to take from today.

1 hour ago, May Rckinnon said:

Just with even less people attending games if this carries on.

Yes, exactly. I certainly won’t be attending as many as I did this season if this dross continues.

Thank f@@k that season is over at last.

Very interesting pre-season incoming with a completely new squad required.

3 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

That was abysmal. Says it all that the players heading up to the tunnel at full time but Ray slunk off somewhere 

What do you mean mate? Where did the p***k go? 

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

What do you mean mate? Where did the p***k go? 

He stood by the dugouts until half the support left & the players pissed off. Then he made his way over. 

Morrison tried his best to make his colleagues applaud the support with some enthusiasm, unfortunately only seb & roberto joined him.

Edited by May Rckinnon

The defending was about as solid as the board....seriously disjointed!!

Stenhousemuir have lost their two star players to Camelon juniors for £600 pweek.....this is what we are up against and we are 75 miles further North.

We are looking for people to help fund the club, Brechin have just spent over 500k to not win promotion, so what do we do....?

My thoughts are live within your means, if that means Highland ot whatever then so be it.

7 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

My thoughts are live within your means, if that means Highland ot whatever then so be it.

Spot on. 

If that means having a squad full of semi local players & a cheaper manager than I can accept that, all I ask (and I'm sure many others agree) is maximum effort & transparency from those representing the club.

I feel we'd be much better equipped to deal with the drop because we'd likely be heading to the real league up north. Total death sentence going down to the makey up league.