Dundee United 2018/2019

[emoji443]remember the good old 1980's............. When everything was so uncomplicated ........... Oh, how I wish I could go back there again ..... And everything would be the same............[emoji968][emoji968][emoji968][emoji26]

Sorry neighbour. Like our glory days before your ones, they are gone, unlikely to return for either Dees or Terrors in these days of financially driven football. The Dark Blue objectives are limited to not going down, a cup win (dream on) and a trip to Hampden. For you dreadfully coloured strip wearers, it's get back up. And that's no easy. Ask a Dee.

Dundee United were the team that got me interested in football. Had been along to a few pretty miserable Pars games as a 7 year old but getting frozen while some fat old blokes kicked a ball about didn't really grab me. Then your UEFA Cup run came along and I realised football could be exciting and full of colour. By the next season Pars were in the top league and started the season with some brilliant games and big crowds. 

We accept mediocrity too easily now. Guys like Andy Murray or Josh Taylor have shown there's nothing to stop Scots reaching world class levels. Jack Ross had shades of it last season, elevating a group of players to a level above the sum of their parts. Be great to see a club like Utd or Pars aim really high. Be bold with training and expectations of players. Instead we just accept that money buys success, instead of clubs making a plan to be the best and develop their own stars. 

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Dundee United were the team that got me interested in football. Had been along to a few pretty miserable Pars games as a 7 year old but getting frozen while some fat old blokes kicked a ball about didn't really grab me. Then your UEFA Cup run came along and I realised football could be exciting and full of colour. By the next season Pars were in the top league and started the season with some brilliant games and big crowds. 

We accept mediocrity too easily now. Guys like Andy Murray or Josh Taylor have shown there's nothing to stop Scots reaching world class levels. Jack Ross had shades of it last season, elevating a group of players to a level above the sum of their parts. Be great to see a club like Utd or Pars aim really high. Be bold with training and expectations of players. Instead we just accept that money buys success, instead of clubs making a plan to be the best and develop their own stars. 

First step to make United great again- 

Punt Shabba.

I give you a Darren Jackson certified guarantee that if that happens soon, there would be about 15,000 people a week trying to get into Tannadice to watch us play. 

Edited by mishtergrolsch

11 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I've never seen Cats but I think I'd like it. I've seen actual cats, though. I didn't like them. Sneaky little c***s.

It's no Les Mis (or Lez Mizrubbles as I heard in Cineworld)

12 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:
On 29/07/2018 at 19:56, Granny Danger said:
Given all the other inconsequential shite on this thread that definitely should be in there.
Anything else?

You turned 60 ?

24 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

So are we signing another central defender or what?

Manager alluded to 2 sounds like 1 is a striker most likely be shoehorned in as a defender so may get your wish 

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

Is this the Dundee Utd forum? I thought this was Pie & Bovril?

Dundee United thread not forum so both kinda right we know what he means but you have him on a technicality also lol