-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

1 minute ago, Im_Rodger said:

Just realised that a win guarantees us 2nd place! 

Most likely won't be enough to qualify but looking forward to it.  

According to radio we cannot qualify as one of best placed runners up with 7 points which is all we can get now

@Scotty Tunbridge

Played a 3-4-2-1. Boyd and Miller in behind Bloomfield. Miller definitely pushed a bit higher than Boyd though. 

Phillips really fancies himself as a deep-lying playmaker, but I don't think he has the ability for that. I can't remember him really stretching the defence or picking out passes that no one else could. He was fine at breaking up play and laying the ball off, but we have two or three others who can do that. 

The wing-backs, Imrie (who was heavily involved in three of the four goals) and McMann, were probably the best players on the park (that's their level etc.), and while Boyd was making things happen, he won't get as much time to make his mind up in the top flight, or play against as bad a defence as tonight. He had a good first half when operating in the massive gaps left in between Berwick's defence and midfield. 

The back three were fairly comfortable, although there was one potentially hilarious mix-up between Fulton - who didn't have a save to make - and Sowah. 

Happy to see Miller get a hat-trick - an assist from each wing-back and a penalty that he won himself - but the highlight of the night was Bingham tripping over the ball while through on goal. I'm not convinced he scored the fourth goal. 

5 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

@Scotty Tunbridge

Played a 3-4-2-1. Boyd and Miller in behind Bloomfield. Miller definitely pushed a bit higher than Boyd though. 

Phillips really fancies himself as a deep-lying playmaker, but I don't think he has the ability for that. I can't remember him really stretching the defence or picking out passes that no one else could. He was fine at breaking up play and laying the ball off, but we have two or three others who can do that. 

The wing-backs, Imrie (who was heavily involved in three of the four goals) and McMann, were probably the best players on the park (that's their level etc.), and while Boyd was making things happen, he won't get as much time to make his mind up in the top flight, or play against as bad a defence as tonight. He had a good first half when operating in the massive gaps left in between Berwick's defence and midfield. 

The back three were fairly comfortable, although there was one potentially hilarious mix-up between Fulton - who didn't have a save to make - and Sowah. 

Happy to see Miller get a hat-trick - an assist from each wing-back and a penalty that he won himself - but the highlight of the night was Bingham tripping over the ball while through on goal. I'm not convinced he scored the fourth goal. 

Imrie good performance?

Interesting...

Played on the right of a back five but didn't have any defending to do, so he was essentially throwing it back to his days as a right winger.  He got a battering off their LWB which was funny to watch play out. 

I understand being frustrated with not playing but that should be motivation to work and train harder. Presumably Canning, who sees him in training every day, thinks others deserve their place ahead of him.

Thanks for reminding me why I don't follow any of our players on Twitter.
Must have thought he'd just walk into the team and thinks he's better than he actually is if that's what he was referring to. As PB says, work harder instead of whinging and he will get his chance.