Hibernian European Tour 2018/2019

Lyle Lanley

At 2-0 down I was hoping to even get a goal to keep the tie alive. Brilliant to be actually taking a lead over there now, as others have said it’ll be a tough game. Can’t help but feel our formation and starting 11 made them look better than they are though. Got to fancy our chances.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Cumdog35 said:

Just read that Kickback thread. The arrogance and delusion beggars belief not to mention the sheer stupidity. No wonder @Elixir fits right in.

I like how dismissive they are of this result considering their last European campaign was ended by a team from fucking Malta.

19 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I like how dismissive they are of this result considering their last European campaign was ended by a team from fucking Malta.

A team that finished 4th behind the diddy Maltese Hibernians no less :lol:

They were even rejected a UEFA license the following season too :lol:

3 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

I am not sure what there home record is like, but will be hoping that Hibs can get a good away result to progress.

It's impressive. They've lost 2 from 12 in their 6-year history in this competition - to Spurs and Schalke. Domestically, they lost 4 from 15 home league games last season . Interestingly, all of those defeats were against small teams while their record against the big 4 was excellent.

30 minutes ago, Austinho said:

A team that finished 4th behind the diddy Maltese Hibernians no less :lol:

They were even rejected a UEFA license the following season too :lol:

Dinnae worry, Birkirkara got back into Europe this season.

They lost to a team from the Faroe Islands.

8)

Thought I’d head along on Thursday and help the cause by filling an empty seat. Great comeback from Hibs and hopefully they can finish the job off next week. Got a feeling it won’t be easy though.  

I don't think we'll go through either but at half time on Thursday, I'd have been relieved for us to only lose 2-0. I'm buzzing that we've got a lead at this point.

As much as Thursday was scenes, I'm more annoyed about that bollocks line up now b9rreGI.png

20 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I don't think we'll go through either but at half time on Thursday, I'd have been relieved for us to only lose 2-0. I'm buzzing that we've got a lead at this point.

As much as Thursday was scenes, I'm more annoyed about that bollocks line up now b9rreGI.png

Neil Lennon must be kicking himself for that first half line up. Could have been going out there with a 2/3 goal lead. 

Just saw the highlights of this game, whether or not Hibs win anything this year, it looks as though they will be worth the price of admission.  Dodgy defenders and a manager who plays a balls-out style will be pure entertainment!

Archived