Scottish Junior Cup Final 2018

jimbaxters

26 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Their big team has ‘we arru peepul’ so its their version.

Talbot are well down the list of Ayrshire clubs you could accuse of being Rangers fans without the bus fare.  They're supported by most of the community and you only ever see the very occasional senior team top at their matches among the far greater number of Talbot colours. There will be a lot of "big team/wee team" fans like you get at all Junior clubs but that is generally left at the door in my experience. 

Your post reminds me of the lazy shite you hear particularly from Weegies who's first hand experience of the situation is minimal at best and usually boils down to regurgitating some pish their mate has told them. 

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Talbot are well down the list of Ayrshire clubs you could accuse of being Rangers fans without the bus fare.  They're supported by most of the community and you only ever see the very occasional senior team top at their matches among the far greater number of Talbot colours. There will be a lot of "big team/wee team" fans like you get at all Junior clubs but that is generally left at the door in my experience.  Your post reminds me of the lazy shite you hear particularly from Weegies who's first hand experience of the situation is minimal at best and usually boils down to regurgitating some pish their mate has told them. 

Yes, ‘more than a club’ etc etc. Thats great. You can say what you want but from my more than minimal exposure to Talbot and the community im happy with my opinion.

12 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
24 minutes ago, Shanner said:
Talbot are well down the list of Ayrshire clubs you could accuse of being Rangers fans without the bus fare.  They're supported by most of the community and you only ever see the very occasional senior team top at their matches among the far greater number of Talbot colours. There will be a lot of "big team/wee team" fans like you get at all Junior clubs but that is generally left at the door in my experience.  Your post reminds me of the lazy shite you hear particularly from Weegies who's first hand experience of the situation is minimal at best and usually boils down to regurgitating some pish their mate has told them. 

Yes, ‘more than a club’ etc etc. Thats great. You can say what you want but from my more than minimal exposure to Talbot and the community im happy with my opinion.

You're the same chap who famously said nobody cares about winning the Scottish Cup except Talbot. 

If all your opinions are as ludicrous as the ones you post on here then your happiness is a fine illustration of the saying "ignorance is bliss". 

You're the same chap who famously said nobody cares about winning the Scottish Cup except Talbot. 

If all your opinions are as ludicrous as the ones you post on here then your happiness is a fine illustration of the saying "ignorance is bliss". 

I think its been pretty obvious interest in the Scottish cup has shrunk significantly recently, just look at the crowd on Sunday!

Theres no need to be upset [emoji4] keep on believing! X

7 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Your win last week is the last credible win in the cup with all the east giants of the juniors gone. It's no longer the scottish cup anymore and won't attract the same interest it's another part of the juniors that is dead in my opinion. All I ever wanted was beith to win the scottish glad we got it before the exodus but now it's nothing more than a glorified west cup. 

Everything from West prem to scottish just does not have the same appeal 

52 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I think its been pretty obvious interest in the Scottish cup has shrunk significantly recently, just look at the crowd on Sunday!

Theres no need to be upset emoji4.png keep on believing! X

Looking at that stand in the video, which was more or less packed with Talbot fans, and has a capacity of 5400, there was clearly a very big and incredibly enthusiastic Talbot support, clearly more at the match than the official attendance stated. Your reference to one half of the Old Firm is well off the mark, it has never been part of the Talbot and understood by all at the club.

51 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Your win last week is the last credible win in the cup with all the east giants of the juniors gone. It's no longer the scottish cup anymore and won't attract the same interest it's another part of the juniors that is dead in my opinion. All I ever wanted was beith to win the scottish glad we got it before the exodus but now it's nothing more than a glorified west cup. 

Everything from West prem to scottish just does not have the same appeal 

How does East clubs leaving have an effect on the appeal of the West Premier?

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Theres no need to be upset emoji4.png keep on believing! X

Yeah, but as we've established beyond any reasonable doubt , your thoughts aren't particularly valid given your track record. 

Here you are now commenting on the level of overall interest in the Scottish cup competition on the basis of a crowd at a single game where one of the teams is known to have a small fan base. 

Can you not see why that is patently idiotic on several levels? 

Yeah, but as we've established beyond any reasonable doubt , your thoughts aren't particularly valid given your track record. 
Here you are now commenting on the level of overall interest in the Scottish cup competition on the basis of a crowd at a single game where one of the teams is known to have a small fan base. 
Can you not see why that is patently idiotic on several levels? 

My track record? Lol. Forgive me for really not being overly concerned about the opinions of posters like yourself and Isa etc.
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with looking at attendance of cup finals as a marker of the level of interest, in particular when Talbot used to fill two stands and now just one. Its still a nice crowd that Talbot brought, but interest even amongst the junior fanboys in Ayrshire is heavily falling.
Anyway, congrats on your win, another star.

13 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

My track record? Lol. Forgive me for really not being overly concerned about the opinions of posters like yourself and Isa etc.
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with looking at attendance of cup finals as a marker of the level of interest, in particular when Talbot used to fill two stands and now just one. Its still a nice crowd that Talbot brought, but interest even amongst the junior fanboys in Ayrshire is heavily falling.

Bit of a 'why you shouldn't play at chess with a pigeon' thing unfolding here so I'll be off and leave you to enjoy an intimate afternoon with your braincell.

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You dont seem impressed that Talbot can muster 5 thousand supporters from a  small community refering it to nice,its a f@#king brilliant support,along with more than the thousand that travelled to Dundee for the semi.Although we will never capture the 14k crowds of the 80s finals due to the economic and de population of the area,its still a remarkable turn out to be proud of.Compare that with this seasons premier  league play off crowds,not much between them,is their?

You dont seem impressed that Talbot can muster 5 thousand supporters from a  small community refering it to nice,its a f@#king brilliant support,along with more than the thousand that travelled to Dundee for the semi.Although we will never capture the 14k crowds of the 80s finals due to the economic and de population of the area,its still a remarkable turn out to be proud of.Compare that with this seasons premier  league play off crowds,not much between them,is their?
Auchinleck has expanded over the last 30 years, no depopulation whatsoever!!

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Not very much Talbot does impresses me, I don’t like the place and I don’t like the club or its support. I’ll not miss them when they form a super league with Armadale and have a jersey completely covered by stars whilst the rest of us join the pyramid.
It is nice, good for them! Hope the village had a nice day out and enjoyed the party. But it still doesn’t detract from the fact overall interest in the junior cup is falling, I get that might hurt peoples feelings, but no sponsor, very little in the way of neutral supporter interest and a general downward trend in crowds suggests its an accurate assessment.

So you're biased and will not give credit where it's due? BTW every time Isa called you out you used "irony" as a retort. Now with Shanner you do the same, getting a bit repetitive.

So you're biased and will not give credit where it's due? BTW every time Isa called you out you used "irony" as a retort. Now with Shanner you do the same, getting a bit repetitive.

The fact that you hold isa with any regard suggests there’s little point debating with you.
Ive said several times on this thread well done to Talbot, it doesnt mean that I can’t make the observation that the SJFA cup has diminished in stature.

On 5/29/2018 at 22:41, Gimme said:
On 5/29/2018 at 22:35, cmontheloknow said:
A few difficulties though - for clubs not in the SPFL Premiership and not in the play offs, season ends end of April. Pitches get shut for the summer thereafter. To get a grass park still open the last weekend of May is very unlikely - not impossible but unlikely.
Hampden charge £20,000 for the hire. This makes it a non-starter for SJFA. The Scottish Amateur FA get it for free due to the QP's amateur status / history (they entered the SAFA Cup pretty recently too). 

How far away are we from requiring one round less in the Scottish? That should allow the final to be moved forward a few weeks.

On 5/30/2018 at 07:41, cmontheloknow said:

Nowhere near yet - you'd need to drop below 128 teams.

But yes, the game should be brought forward regardless per post above.

Not far off now. 

63 or 64 clubs in the west.

Maximum 32 clubs in the north.

Assuming Lithgae and Sauchie leave, somewhere around 37 clubs in the East. 

So only takes another four or five East leavers to get down below  the 128. 

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The fact that you hold isa with any regard suggests there’s little point debating with you.
Ive said several times on this thread well done to Talbot, it doesnt mean that I can’t make the observation that the SJFA cup has diminished in stature.

Everyone who challenges you gets the same patronising treatment. You state not very much Talbot does impresses you and state you don't like the club the place and the support. You are allowing your bias to over rule your ability to assess, therefore incapable of having a debate on it.  You can't even contain your hatred!

Not far off now. 

63 or 64 clubs in the west.

Maximum 32 clubs in the north.

Assuming Lithgae and Sauchie leave, somewhere around 37 clubs in the East. 

So only takes another four or five East leavers to get down below  the 128. 
Isn't there at least one side who withdraw last year as they couldn't field a team that are expected to be excluded from next seasons competition?

1 hour ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

When did Talbot have 5,000? Certainly wasn't Sunday. That stand doesn't hold 5,000 for starters and was nowhere near full.

Archived