• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't in the aitken out camp but teetering on the edge now, not good enough.
We won't get rid of him as it will cost too much and he won't leave so we are stuck with him until his contract is up at the end of the season.
No team should be losing from being 2-0 up with 30mins to go regardless of injuries.
On another side note. We have had a lot of injuries over last season and this so far, is this more than bad luck and something to do with the training?

5 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I wonder what the people who said they wouldn't mind us dropping out of the Championship last season are thinking now.

Still, at least we get to go to Ochilview next week rather than Tannadice or East End Park!

I know where I'd rather be going next week & it's not Ochilview.

Give me a seat in the Jerry Kerr Stand any day :P

11 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

I think we're leaving ourselves wide open for a Michael Portillo Relegation Express type thread at some point.

Okay. Extenuating circumstances. Injuries before the game and two more during it.

But if this (pish ref bottling a penalty decision notwithstanding. Pish refs are Scottish football's lot, though) goes on we are definitely in a relegation battle.

Even this early in the season.

2 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Just from the outside lads why would Aitken not be playing Forbes? Both Hutton and Carswell in before him seems mad.

Are you busy on Saturday afternoons starting, say, next week?

Just home. Further to my initial thoughts on the match thread...

Today was a kick in the plums. I want the bus trip home to be difficult. I want guys to be embarrassed by that collapse and angry at their own performances. They let the fans down, they let the manager down and they let themselves down. I've got a lot of sympathy for Aitken - we've played 3 different right backs in 4 games because our first choice is injured, our first choice centre half is injured and we've prioritised quality (on paper at least) over quantity. The big signings havent worked out so far and I'm concerned that Rory Loy just isnt going to be the right fit for us in this division. I'm also concerned that we can see the best and worst of Bobby Barr in the space of 5 or 10 minutes of the same match and that we'll more often than not see him include an argument with a referee in that period. It's also taking Paton time to adjust to the pace of League One and we're only seeing flashes of what he can do. Thats the gamble the gaffer took in building this squad. If we'd signed 4 or 5 jobbers instead of Forbes, Loy and Paton and were struggling then the same level of scrutiny would be directed towards the manager. Ultimately Stevie Aitken will carry the can for his squad and the results that they're delivering but when guys go 2-0 up and switch off then he really has a limited amount that he can do. Especially given the small squad. 

Today wasn't good enough and the season so far (as early as it is) has been disappointing.  The next game is huge for us and we need both a result and a performance to try to get a bit of positivity around the football club. It's too early to be doom and gloom about our prospects this season even if we can, and should, be angry at today's result.

12 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Just from the outside lads why would Aitken not be playing Forbes? Both Hutton and Carswell in before him seems mad.

Fitness? Forbes has never been an athletic player but right now he looks really short on conditioning and he doesnt look capable of contributing for 90 minutes.

He came on today and worked harder than I've seen him work in previous games so perhaps its a case of trying to get him to a stage where he is capable of starting and producing?

6 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Are you busy on Saturday afternoons starting, say, next week?

Speak to my agent.

I'd be tearing my hair out at Forbes not starting. 

When Aitken was at Stranraer his team played the best football in this division and were always on the front foot. Surprised the way he's went at Dumbarton, looks to be in a bit of a rut.

Fitness? Forbes has never been an athletic player but right now he looks really short on conditioning and he doesnt look capable of contributing for 90 minutes.
He came on today and worked harder than I've seen him work in previous games so perhaps its a case of trying to get him to a stage where he is capable of starting and producing?
Up until today Forbes was involved in all 3 of our league goals. Does he really look unfit or is it a case of him being a player who doesn't run around busting a gut for 90 mins? He's not a grafter or hard worker, he's a technical type of player who has ability on the ball.

Loy seems to manage a start every week and he's contributing the square root of f**k all whilst looking unfit and uninterested in the process.

Archived