• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

re Div's announcement today (see announcements forum) - fifteen sheets for a phone case that reminds you of the worst Sons team in the last 20 years!

image.png.344caa056934bba93c007cdceac6a84b.png

*shudder*

Of all the strips in all the decades they HAD to pick that one.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

re Div's announcement today (see announcements forum) - fifteen sheets for a phone case that reminds you of the worst Sons team in the last 20 years!

*shudder*

Just to note its 1988/89......the jim george /pat cairney years

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If cutting their losses is the only option left for them, why is the club not up for sale?

....because you dont sell a football club the same way you sell a house or a car.It is up for sale, like almost everything, if the price matches expectations/needs.You cant possibly know that members of Brabco arent open to negotiating.They are bound to be, given the amount they have lost so far.Thing is its done very hush hush and discreetly.

Let me put it another way, not many knew the state of sevco or expected what happened would ever havce  happened.Yet it did at a huge and very public club.The punters like us on this board are always the last to know.Crikey we dont even know all the names of those involved in Brabco( or so i understand).So anything, literally could be possible including the scenarios(albeit unlikely) you correctly mentioned above.

2 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

....because you dont sell a football club the same way you sell a house or a car.It is up for sale, like almost everything, if the price matches expectations/needs.You cant possibly know that members of Brabco arent open to negotiating.They are bound to be, given the amount they have lost so far.Thing is its done very hush hush and discreetly.

Clubs, businesses, companies etc. are all put on the market all the time. It's how they alert buyers to the sale of something and invite offers. 

If Brabco want to cut and run then a bidding war over the club is their ideal scenario for getting the highest price. Doing everything in private and not inviting offers from interested parties would be counter-productive in that respect.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Clubs, businesses, companies etc. are all put on the market all the time. It's how they alert buyers to the sale of something and invite offers. 

If Brabco want to cut and run then a bidding war over the club is their ideal scenario for getting the highest price. Doing everything in private and not inviting offers from interested parties would be counter-productive in that respect.

normally i would agree but as we both mentioned there arent enough people out there for a bidding war.If they publicise that the club is up for sale to attract bidders it would reek (to my mind) of desperation given the failed YF bid.And they would be open to chickenfeed offers.

5 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

normally i would agree but as we both mentioned there arent enough people out there for a bidding war.If they publicise that the club is up for sale to attract bidders it would reek (to my mind) of desperation given the failed YF bid.And they would be open to chickenfeed offers.

Whereas going to Neil Rankine with their tail between their legs asking if he wants his old club back is the best way for them to get the best price?

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Whereas going to Neil Rankine with their tail between their legs asking if he wants his old club back is the best way for them to get the best price?

I never said they did!!!I reacted to someone on here saying they heard that Rankin had invested.Given the parties know each other its not unreasonable to assume they are in contact is it?Especially if there are   monies still due.

2 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

I never said they did!!!I reacted to someone on here saying they heard that Rankin had invested.Given the parties know each other its not unreasonable to assume they are in contact is it?Especially if there are   monies still due.

I think it's entirely unreasonable to assume that the person who sold the club 10 years ago (as he could see making money on it was a no go) is now back in the frame to purchase the club (or even shares) again. I'm genuinely struggling to understand that logic, but I suppose we'll leave it there.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I think it's entirely unreasonable to assume that the person who sold the club 10 years ago (as he could see making money on it was a no go) is now back in the frame to purchase the club (or even shares) again. I'm genuinely struggling to understand that logic, but I suppose we'll leave it there.

Aye i would go along with that but we dont know what the motives may be.IF and its a very big IF he did invest then there may be an agenda ,like i said, we the fans know nothing about.

Question is, would we want him back or continue with the great incognita that is Brabco?

5 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Aye i would go along with that but we dont know what the motives may be.IF and its a very big IF he did invest then there may be an agenda ,like i said, we the fans know nothing about.

Question is, would we want him back or continue with the great incognita that is Brabco?

This is just speculating for the sake of it though. It's been said he was there to watch the game and nothing more yet people seem intent on adding fuel to the conspiracy fire.

If Rankine acquired shares we could find out about it quite easily, a full list of shareholders is available.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This is just speculating for the sake of it though. It's been said he was there to watch the game and nothing more yet people seem intent on adding fuel to the conspiracy fire.

If Rankine acquired shares we could find out about it quite easily, a full list of shareholders is available.

If there is truth to it, it will come out for sure.

*shudder*
You can also request another kit and they'll do it if they can. I've ordered this little beauty from this team pic.FB_IMG_1536855997569.jpg

Archived