7 hours ago, microdave said:

You can also request another kit and they'll do it if they can. I've ordered this little beauty from this team pic.FB_IMG_1536855997569.jpg

That’s a superb kit. Will they add it to the site now you’ve ordered it?

The Home kit from the Forthbank season is an absolute belter too, I’d love to see that added.

Probably in the minority here, but this away kit has always been one of my favourites.

s-l300.jpg

(Mainly because I wore it under my kit in a Dundee League youth match against Arbroath, the day after we relegated them to stay up in 2004/05 (?). To celebrate scoring a very rare goal, I whipped off my top to reveal my Sons kit to a completely bemused set of Smokies).

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There’s a discussion about the Durrant to Morton links in the Facebook page, where one fan says that he can’t be leaving because he didn’t wave on Saturday at full-time, and another adds that they wouldn’t be sad to see him go because he doesn’t wave at the fans.

I just felt the need to bring this to a wider audience.

The Home kit from the Forthbank season is an absolute belter too, I’d love to see that added.
Probably in the minority here, but this away kit has always been one of my favourites.
s-l300.jpg&key=a41e1dbbe4f3d1eb309be4796cb8c5eca0215c9ef0112978b9eecf9f58e1d902
(Mainly because I wore it under my kit in a Dundee League youth match against Arbroath, the day after we relegated them to stay up in 2004/05 (?). To celebrate scoring a very rare goal, I whipped off my top to reveal my Sons kit to a completely bemused set of Smokies).
I've no idea whether they'll add it or not but I asked about it and they replied very quickly to say they could do it. I'm sure they'll be the same with other requests.

15 minutes ago, microdave said:
6 hours ago, FifeSons said:
s-l300.jpg&key=a41e1dbbe4f3d1eb309be4796cb8c5eca0215c9ef0112978b9eecf9f58e1d902

I've no idea whether they'll add it or not but I asked about it and they replied very quickly to say they could do it. I'm sure they'll be the same with other requests.

The guy from the company has replied on the phone cover thread to say that whatever they get requested, will be available for other people.  And the reason they produced the Polaroid stripy number from 97/98 is because someone asked for it!

There’s a discussion about the Durrant to Morton links in the Facebook page, where one fan says that he can’t be leaving because he didn’t wave on Saturday at full-time, and another adds that they wouldn’t be sad to see him go because he doesn’t wave at the fans.

Lunatics.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
41 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Lunatics.

image.png.e73eba604f39e2ddaee769b207bcd6cc.png

This makes me glad I don't use Facebook.

Would any run of results change this opinion or is that it now, Aitken's job is no longer tenable?
For me, no. If he can turn it around I'd happily hold my hands up and say I was wrong about wanting him booted. The problem he has now is that he needs to turn it around quickly and we have a tough run of fixtures coming up (Airdrie away, Raith at home, Stranraer away and Arbroath at home). If he can pick up at least 2 wins and a draw from those 4 I'd say he deserves more time, especially if we're seeing a major improvement in desire and performance levels from the players. The Abroath game will be 1 game into the 2nd quarter and I feel that would be a fair time for the board to make an assessment.

I wouldn't say I'm confident in us picking up 7 points from those 4 games based on what I've seen so far but I'd be delighted to be proven wrong.

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Would any run of results change this opinion or is that it now, Aitken's job is no longer tenable?

Yes, of course a good run of results would change my mind. I just don’t see any chance of that happening. Thinking everything is fine after one-off win against Montrose would be far more knee-jerk than sacking him.

I would absolutely love nothing more than to be proven wrong. I’ll be behind the team all the way, whoever’s in charge.

16 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

For me, no. If he can turn it around I'd happily hold my hands up and say I was wrong about wanting him booted. The problem he has now is that he needs to turn it around quickly and we have a tough run of fixtures coming up (Airdrie away, Raith at home, Stranraer away and Arbroath at home). If he can pick up at least 2 wins and a draw from those 4 I'd say he deserves more time, especially if we're seeing a major improvement in desire and performance levels from the players. The Abroath game will be 1 game into the 2nd quarter and I feel that would be a fair time for the board to make an assessment.

I wouldn't say I'm confident in us picking up 7 points from those 4 games based on what I've seen so far but I'd be delighted to be proven wrong.

Yep, I agree with this. If we’re still struggling badly after these four, I don’t think anyone could argue about it being a fair time to make an assessment.

13 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

10 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken said:

Yes, of course a good run of results would change my mind. I just don’t see any chance of that happening. Thinking everything is fine after one-off win against Montrose would be far more knee-jerk than sacking him.

I would absolutely love nothing more than to be proven wrong. I’ll be behind the team all the way, whoever’s in charge.

I can't say I'm oozing confidence over the next few weeks after Saturday's performance either, but I'm willing to see how it goes. I still think Aitken isn't sure what his best team is, obviously injuries have had an effect on who he can field, but we see a different midfield and forward line every week. If he can get a settled team over these next few weeks and we see improvement in performance and results then should Aitken, 100%, be sacked?

Archived