I wouldn’t blame you in the slightest for that, but at the same time I’d emplore you and anyone else staying away because of Aitken to keep going.
He’ll be gone soon enough. The club will remain and every pound is precious.

I’m talking absolute shite tbh, il still be there but it’s so boring watching us fanny about looking clueless every week. Zero entertainment. Only stayed the 90 to make sure there was plenty booing at the end.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

I’m talking absolute shite tbh, il still be there but it’s so boring watching us fanny about looking clueless every week. Zero entertainment. Only stayed the 90 to make sure there was plenty booing at the end.

Fair enough. I’m personally not a fan of booing, but maybe it’s what’s needed to send the message to the BoD.  I did walk right up to the barrier and plead with Aitken to do the honourable thing and hand in his resignation. f**k all difference that’ll make.

I suspect there’ll be very, very few Sons fans at Stair Park next week.

Chat of people tearing up the league etc always winds me up.

Boys a crock, said it from the start and slated for it, give me Ryan Waldo Wallace any day
A crock?

You seem to believe Loy is some sort of shite player, he isn't. We've seen him numerous times over the years in the Championship where he was one of the better strikers in the league.

How many times had you actually seen him play prior to him signing with us? I'm guessing considering Arbroath have never been in the same league as a team Loy plays for the grand total will most likely be 0. Or are you the Arbroath fan who's big team is Dundee Utd?

A crock?

You seem to believe Loy is some sort of shite player, he isn't. We've seen him numerous times over the years in the Championship where he was one of the better strikers in the league.

How many times had you actually seen him play prior to him signing with us? I'm guessing considering Arbroath have never been in the same league as a team Loy plays for the grand total will most likely be 0. Or are you the Arbroath fan who's big team is Dundee Utd?

I'm an Arbroath fan, I go to the odd United game with some very good friends. Watch a lot of Scottish football, any game I can whether on BT or Alba

Boys lived off reputation for years now, he's done, be as well signing Stevie May

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I'm an Arbroath fan, I go to the odd United game with some very good friends. Watch a lot of Scottish football, any game I can whether on BT or Alba

Boys lived off reputation for years now, he's done, be as well signing Stevie May

You jaked off your tits in Underground?

This is incoherent even by your standards.

I'd quite happily sign Stevie May tbh.

He wasn't done when he joined St Mirren in the final 3rd of season 2016/17 and played a massive part in them staying up, leading to a bidding war for his signature last summer. Don't let the facts get in the way of your desperate attempts at a 'I told you so' moment of glory which you made entirely on guess work.

Cheers for confirming you're the Arbroath fan who's big team is Utd, I thought it was you.

The injury list we have should generate some goodwill, but there’s no excuse for winning the toss and deciding to play into the wind first half and there’s no excuse for not having the ability or tactics to play into the strong wind that’s a characteristic of our park.

If Aitken was to leave now I couldn’t complain; he’s had a good run at it. But the first thing a new manager will look at is the squad and the players he has available. The club don’t have the money to fund new signings and a new gaffer will have to work with the same limitations aitkens experienced. That’s not to say that more couldn’t be hoped for if a change was to be made.

I'd quite happily sign Stevie May tbh.  
He wasn't done when he joined St Mirren in the final 3rd of season 2016/17 and played a massive part in them staying up, leading to a bidding war for his signature last summer. Don't let the facts get in the way of your desperate attempts at a 'I told you so' moment of glory which you made entirely on guess work.

Cheers for confirming you're the Arbroath fan who's big team is Utd, I thought it was you.

Not what I said but say it if it makes you feel better, Arbroath fan, Loys a crock

Tbf, it can't help Loy that he's given less than 20 minutes at the end of a game, especially when his team have spent the majority of a game playing balls into nowhere. If Loy is fed the ball on the deck, and there's players to support him, I'd be confident he'd get a good haul at this level.  He's useless as a target man. At the moment, he's let down because his team is filled with players who are predominantly slower. It might be the way the manager sets them up, but having slower players like Forbes and Paton makes it a bit more difficult for him. 

I'd compare it to how Barry Smith used Spence and Buchanan for us last season. Both scored shedloads for their former clubs, only for the goals to dry up as we ended up bypassing an uncreative and slow midfield and shelling the ball long to them. 

6 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

Stirling Albion binned Dave Mackay this evening. If Stevie wants out then there's his route, he could resign from his post at the Rock and (I'd imagine) stroll into that job.

I was pretty certain if Aitken was to leave, he’d have to drop down a level. Although, there’s one League One side I just have a strange feeling would take him (and Durrant).

3 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

And to think that Dumbarton fans were laughing at us signing Kevin Nisbet as a consolation for them signing Loy.

Kevin Nisbet is now on 9 league goals in 8 league games.

Rory Loy is yet to find the back of the net :lol:

I'm pleased to see Kevin doing well, free from the shackles of Aitken's ultra-conservative catenaccio.

As for Loy, any enthusiasm there would appear to have been entirely unfounded.

Archived