• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

So far we've played well for a half against Queen's Park, 70 minutes against East Fife, about 20 minutes against Montrose and a full game against an under-strength Morton. That's it. We're still struggling for goals, and once again we're getting nothing out of strikers who (on paper) look like they should do a job for us.

45 minutes @ Airdrie.

Part of our problem is finances; we re skint and October will be tight for us due to the fixture list. There’s no money to pay Stevie off so it would be gardening leave and 2 managers wages potentially. I’m not keen on Durant or dowie taking over so I’m not sure there’s another in house option.

Part of our problem is finances; we re skint and October will be tight for us due to the fixture list. There’s no money to pay Stevie off so it would be gardening leave and 2 managers wages potentially. I’m not keen on Durant or dowie taking over so I’m not sure there’s another in house option.

The October thing has been worrying me a bit. We now have 1 home game between now and the 10th of November which can't be good at all for finances.

Perhaps is sponsors were willing to stump up cash for new signings they'd be willing to do the same to pay off Aitken? He's only on a deal until the summer so can't imagine the pay off would be huge. I was always led to believe the going rate was 3 months wages but that may be wrong.

The October thing has been worrying me a bit. We now have 1 home game between now and the 10th of November which can't be good at all for finances.

Perhaps is sponsors were willing to stump up cash for new signings they'd be willing to do the same to pay off Aitken? He's only on a deal until the summer so can't imagine the pay off would be huge. I was always led to believe the going rate was 3 months wages but that may be wrong.
Surely clubs have always been relatively skint? I always thought these affairs ended up in tribunals if there wasn't an amicable agreement but action was required.

Surely clubs have always been relatively skint? I always thought these affairs ended up in tribunals if there wasn't an amicable agreement but action was required.
The way I see it is that the manager has been performing his role fairly terribly for the best part of a year. I'd like to think the board have been aware of that and would have been planning for having to get rid of him.

If it means holding back on a wage that would go to a player then so be it.

I mean, I like Thomas as a player, but would we not be better spending the money on a full-back? Winger wise we're actually well covered with B.Barr, Paton, Forbes, Beany (and at a push) SeaGal all able to play there.
Or a goalkeeper, considering we only have 1, who has played a handful of competitive games in his career.

I actually felt sorry for him being thrown in at the deep end yesterday.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Or a goalkeeper, considering we only have 1, who has played a handful of competitive games in his career.

I actually felt sorry for him being thrown in at the deep end yesterday.

Aye. Or another centre-back given Dowie is seriously struggling.

It was a horrible ask for McGowan yesterday, but I thought he did ok. I certainly didn't look at any of the goals and think 'Grant Adam would've saved that'.

2 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

Aye. Or another centre-back given Dowie is seriously struggling.

It was a horrible ask for McGowan yesterday, but I thought he did ok. I certainly didn't look at any of the goals and think 'Grant Adam would've saved that'.

If only there had been a cup game or something similar a few weeks back where we could have used our other keeper instead of Adam to give him some game time....   :rolleyes:

What the f**k are the board playing at?  Why is he still being given money to spend? Why for the second season running has he said we'll be running with a squad of 16 or 17 then been able to panic spend and spunk money on 4/5 extra players.

Regardless of reputation, a winger is not what our squad "8 fit players" need.  Not to mention even if he is the next Lionel Messi he'll get f**k all out of being managed by Aitk*nt.

Archived