• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ballantyne , Little and mango are long term injuries lets face it.Perry and Dyer are both Dire.Dowie is having a poor season by his standards.Therein lies the problem...we have no defence or cannot defend.Another midfielder really?

Stirling and Dundee United havent been hanging about.Just like falkirk they saaw where the problem was and acted.SA obviuosly going  nowhere til  May.By then we will be in L2.

My only thoughts are that he might play Bobby Barr at RB (as he did a wee bit when we went 5 at the back yesterday) and put Thomas ahead of him.

Still a bizarre signing. Unless he's always wanted to play for us and is doing it for pennies.

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

When does the loan window close? We made a big deal about getting players in before Friday as the window was about to shut. Is it one loan signing and any more need to be during the window?

Closes today/tonight for League One and League Two clubs.

If only there had been a cup game or something similar a few weeks back where we could have used our other keeper instead of Adam to give him some game time....   :rolleyes:
What the f**k are the board playing at?  Why is he still being given money to spend? Why for the second season running has he said we'll be running with a squad of 16 or 17 then been able to panic spend and spunk money on 4/5 extra players.
Regardless of reputation, a winger is not what our squad "8 fit players" need.  Not to mention even if he is the next Lionel Messi he'll get f**k all out of being managed by Aitkunt.
Whoa Sir, that last sentence is way out of order; we're talking here about a guy with a family and whatever your thoughts on Stevie Aitken I'm afraid you've crossed a line here.

Whoa Sir, that last sentence is way out of order; we're talking here about a guy with a family and whatever your thoughts on Stevie Aitken I'm afraid you've crossed a line here.

Yes, feelings are running high but it would be good if we could avoid the extreme ad hominem rhetoric.

My only thoughts are that he might play Bobby Barr at RB (as he did a wee bit when we went 5 at the back yesterday) and put Thomas ahead of him.

That'd be a terrible idea. I really quite like Bobby Barr, but he absolutely cannot function in a role that requires a disciplined approach. In his own words, he needs to just "go out and play".

Ok, so we've signed what looks like a promising winger. Firstly, we don't need a winger.

Secondly, even if we did, Stevie will stifle the attacking style and freedom of such a player or play him at centre mid or the likes. He has an inability to be able to identify and set a team up to play to its strengths.

Thirdly, where's the money for him coming from? He won't be cheap and if any decision (or lack thereof) on the manager's position is influenced by finances, then the board need to be scrutinised.

11 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

That'd be a terrible idea. I really quite like Bobby Barr, but he absolutely cannot function in a role that requires a disciplined approach. In his own words, he needs to just "go out and play".

Normally I'd agree, but we played an injured Ross Perry at right-back yesterday.

We've had this discussion before about funding loan players. I think skyline drifter said that it's not uncommon for the parent club to cover the wages, this may be the case here. Maybe killie have said, take him, play him and we will pay him. If I was thomas I would be disappointed to be joining a team that will not showcase my talents.

34 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
1 hour ago, sonsism said:
If only there had been a cup game or something similar a few weeks back where we could have used our other keeper instead of Adam to give him some game time....   :rolleyes:
What the f**k are the board playing at?  Why is he still being given money to spend? Why for the second season running has he said we'll be running with a squad of 16 or 17 then been able to panic spend and spunk money on 4/5 extra players.
Regardless of reputation, a winger is not what our squad "8 fit players" need.  Not to mention even if he is the next Lionel Messi he'll get f**k all out of being managed by Aitkunt.

I've not sent bullets to his house or anything f**k sake :lol: Censored it to avoid any further arguments as there may be some fragile P&B readers but a cuss is hardly a personal attack.

2 minutes ago, sonsism said:

I've not sent bullets to his house or anything f**k sake :lol: Censored it to avoid any further arguments as there may be some fragile P&B readers but a cuss is hardly a personal attack.

I thought Aitkunt was quite inspired. It was only a few years back that OK posted that he would enjoy games more once my Dad was dead, and therefore wouldn't be there, so it's a bit rich him playing the moral guardian role.

Archived