Anyone not wanting Loy to sign at this level with his track record is daft. Shankland, Moore, Moffat, Buchanan and Declan McManus have all shown you can be mediocre  at Championship level and run the show at league 1. Even the likes of Spence didn't get much game time and still got 14 goals last season.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FifeSons said:

No one actually believes we're signing him.

Given EdinCity can outbid us for SA favourite Danny Handling it seems preposterous that we could sign Loy.But then again who knows the psyche of the lower league footballer.After all we paid Chic Charnley out of the weekly proceeds of the club's puggy machine..so anything may be possible.

10 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Given EdinCity can outbid us for SA favourite Danny Handling

I'm not exactly sure Stevie was going all out to keep him. Reading him in the paper last week that was him taking the hard line with Danny, can't give him what he's looking for so if he wants to sign it's on our terms. I suspect Handling will move on and I'd be surprised if our offer is on the table much longer.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not exactly sure Stevie was going all out to keep him. Reading him in the paper last week that was him taking the hard line with Danny, can't give him what he's looking for so if he wants to sign it's on our terms. I suspect Handling will move on and I'd be surprised if our offer is on the table much longer.

Lets hope its off the table for good.

15 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

I do

#Believe 

Even if it's confirmed on the OS with him holding a shirt I still won't believe it.

Here's one for the Sons Historians. Would Loy be the first player to have played for both Dumbarton and Carlisle United since the great Kenny Wilson?

16 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Even if it's confirmed on the OS with him holding a shirt I still won't believe it.

Here's one for the Sons Historians. Would Loy be the first player to have played for both Dumbarton and Carlisle United since the great Kenny Wilson?

IMG_1034.JPG.cb7bc568b029eb65ca0ef6fb1498697f.JPG

It would be an absolutely astounding signing if we actually somehow do sign Rory Loy.

I think I would have been over the moon with some of these signings we have made this season, if we were still in the championship.

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

This is going to be some top trolling when it's Carswell.

Dunno, we just panic announced the signing of Grant Gillespie with none of the usual pre-signing fanfare. Probably trying to distract from you getting Loy, and us being left with a fairly shite frontline, f**k all midfield and no fucking hope.

2 minutes ago, renton said:

Dunno, we just panic announced the signing of Grant Gillespie with none of the usual pre-signing fanfare. Probably trying to distract from you getting Loy, and us being left with a fairly shite frontline, f**k all midfield and no fucking hope.

Nah, it's a PR stunt from us.

Like when we tried to sign Johann Cruyff.

Archived