• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ross Perry is the type of player, where upon signing at your club you say "He can't be that bad".  Falkirk fans told us he was shite, and we dismissed it. We told Brechin fans he was shite, and they were sceptical. I'd wager the Brechin fans told the same to Clyde fans when he signed there. 

He really is the worst centre back I've seen at Rovers since Chris McLeod. 

He can.

I’d hope not considering Wilson was Scared to head the ball and only capable of tacking the man, not the ball. In fact the best impact he made for us last season was when he gave away a penalty after 1 minute playing for Rangers U20s against us.

Ross Perry’s final game for Raith, saw him sent off after around 55 seconds of a 5-1 home defeat to Livingston. It summed up his Rovers tenure.

He’s hilariously guff, and proves once and for all that under no circumstances should you take under-21 caps as any kind of barometer of ability.

That said, Albion Rovers beat us 2-1 last term with him at centre-half, so I won’t get too carried away with you signing him.

Cammy Ballantyne would be a fantastic signing for Dumbarton. He was easily the best right-back in League 2 last season and I'm surprised Dundee United (or another full-time Championship club, for that matter) didn't take a look at him. Very fit, great engine, good on the ball, good at going both ways.

Cammy Ballantyne sounds like the ideal player to play behind Forbes. It also appears he's told Gary Naysmith to ram a trial up his arse so he's gone up in my estimations already.

Ross Perry sounds like the type of signing you make when you've spunked the majority of your budget on Ross Forbes and Rory Loy. It's not ideal, but the reality is he should only play at most 5 or 6 games, accounting for when Mango is inevitably suspended. Albion Rovers fans seemingly saying he was slightly better than Jason Marr for them, who is someone I doubt too many Sons fans would be upset about if we were to sign him. I expect he won't be the standard of Barr and Dowie, but I also expect he's not the calamitous, own-goal-scoring defender who leads you to defeat every week that some seem to be painting.  Football fans are terrible for over-exaggerating things, especially when it comes to former old firm players (see Hutton, Kyle last summer), so I'll give Perry the chance the everyone else gets coming here.

And just think of the scenes if Perry picks up a league winners medal (I don't think we'll win the league, but it's a nice thought).

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Sorry for gate-crashing your thread but what are Ayr in pole position for?

Ayr are in pole position to sign ex-Gers midfielder Andy Murdoch after he turned down an offer from Brechin.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Cammy Ballantyne sounds like the ideal player to play behind Forbes. It also appears he's told Gary Naysmith to ram a trial up his arse so he's gone up in my estimations already.

Ross Perry sounds like the type of signing you make when you've spunked the majority of your budget on Ross Forbes and Rory Loy. It's not ideal, but the reality is he should only play at most 5 or 6 games, accounting for when Mango is inevitably suspended. Albion Rovers fans seemingly saying he was slightly better than Jason Marr for them, who is someone I doubt too many Sons fans would be upset about if we were to sign him. I expect he won't be the standard of Barr and Dowie, but I also expect he's not the calamitous, own-goal-scoring defender who leads you to defeat every week that some seem to be painting.  Football fans are terrible for over-exaggerating things, especially when it comes to former old firm players (see Hutton, Kyle last summer), so I'll give Perry the chance the everyone else gets coming here.

And just think of the scenes if Perry picks up a league winners medal (I don't think we'll win the league, but it's a nice thought).

Yeah, smart move knocking back a trial to drop a level and go part time

27 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Yeah, smart move knocking back a trial to drop a level and go part time

On the face of it perhaps yes, but we seldom know the full truth in these matters.

Anyway, he hasn't yet signed on the dotted line and as the uber-biased English commentary team found out on Saturday evening, it's not over until it's over.

2 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Now Ross Perry ticks the staunchness box, how does he compare handsome-wise? Maybe sons of 08/Ross Forbes can create a handsome-o-meter? 

Willo Flood being 0 and Craig Barr being off the fucking scale?

Archived