League Cup Group C

RiG

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, yoda said:

Weird  to think that for most ICT fans the highpoint of their season so far is Ross County losing to Arbroath  bQshDtu.png

2 minutes ago, Nod said:

Still pumped off a League One team mate ?

yXAbrOQ.png

Three very good goals conceded in the first half, I did actually like the way we were playing though. Second half was a massive abortion, to quote the Thick of It. The Hearts who pumped the so-called Invincibles turned up today and there was pretty much nothing we could do, it's obviously a sore one to go out like that but I'm strangely optimistic for the league campaign ahead.

Well I probably can proffer thanks that this game was changed to a Sunday and prevented me from doing a British Rail Away day from Englandshire. It was difficult to take on BT Sport so I can really feel fer the 317 faithful who managed to get there. Can understand - to a degree - why Robbo started off as he did do. I expect that he was hoping to go in 0-0 at half time or even in the hope of a breakaway goal. For the first half hour there was little in it. Ikpeazu was the difference. As the BT punters kept on pointing out our central defenders were far too tight on him and he outmuscled them regularly. We could have gone in front on the 13th minute when the sweet left foot of Chalmers malfunctioned. My gripe about the first Ikpeazu goal was that White was given the role of shadowing him. It still was a fine finish. The free kick was unstoppable. Take a bow Garrucio. The third by Ikpeazu was a fine powerful header but we should have learned the earlier lesson. And the Zlamal makes two good stops to thwart Doran and Trafford. You began to start thinking that it was not our day. We could have been 4-0 as Hearts also hit the post but by then were fully in control, full of confidence and had the crowd behind them. In the second half we again started well enuff but we NEVER looked like scoring. Naismith has always had a reputation of being good in the air for his size but he was left totally unmarked for his brace. Unfortunately it always looked as if Hearts would add to their tally rather than us pulling one back although Austin could have done that with a couple of minutes left. 

I will detract from an individual Smiley allocation BUT - Ridgers had little chance with all five goals. Rooney blew hot and cold. Donaldson and Brad McKay did not appear to be an understanding partnership. McKay looked the poorer. Tremarco did well enuff until limping off. Our tactics (by Robbo) proved to be wrong. We bypassed midfield and therefore we "lost" the influences of Polworth and Doran. They were played wide whilst the centrally operating pairing of Trafford and Chalmers were overrun -  but Hearts went wide most of the time with Lee, McLean and Morrison bossing throughout. I would give Walsh MOM and cant understand why he was hooked. White was evidently chosen for his height but he lost most balls in the air and was not exactly adept at holding things up. I am sure that in retrospect Robbo wishes that he had gone for Austin from the off and played Doran in the number 10 role. I would also have consider taking on wee Danny for either Chalmers or Trafford at half time.

A disgusting performance.  Mostly from Robbo in choosing the personnel and formation.  Reminds me of our SC game at Celtic in 16-17; Foran tried to match a far superior Celtic team and we got dicked 6-0, instead of flooding the defence and midfield and make Celtic attack our fullbacks more.  Scott Brown never had an ICT player within 15 yards of him at any point in the game  that day, and strolled about setting up at least 4 of Celtic's goals.

Special shout outs today to Brad McKay, who's a League One player, which all ICT fans have known for a couple of years now, and to Shaun Rooney, who is just terrible, god knows what level he'd cope at.  Our this season's Danny Devine.

I feel bad for Aaron Doran and Tom Walsh, who were fairly positive.  I thought Walsh was poor against us last season, but has looked decent so far in ICT colours.

39 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Bit of a dry boak conclusion to Group C. Only the SPFL can explain how Hearts avoided being handed a 3-0 defeat to Cove Rangers after fielding an ineligible player...

This. As I said at the time there is really no excuse for a 2 pt deduction. You either set the result aside or you dont. Personally I think they should have lost all three points. Inverness have every right to feel aggrieved. 

Fair play to Hearts for playing on and going for more when 2-0 or 3-0 would have suited both sides. Wasnt expecting that.

4 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I'm glad McLean informed us that Zlamal isn't actually Limahl. 

I was confused for a second. 

I thought that was a strange one, but then he's a pretty strange guy.

I wonder if he'll also remind us that David Vanecek isn't to be confused with Salma Hayek.

1 hour ago, Angusfifer said:

Bit of a dry boak conclusion to Group C. Only the SPFL can explain how Hearts avoided being handed a 3-0 defeat to Cove Rangers after fielding an ineligible player...

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This. As I said at the time there is really no excuse for a 2 pt deduction. You either set the result aside or you dont. Personally I think they should have lost all three points. Inverness have every right to feel aggrieved. 

Fair play to Hearts for playing on and going for more when 2-0 or 3-0 would have suited both sides. Wasnt expecting that.

To be fair, if it wasn't for a dreadful refereeing decision, we would have got the full three points against Raith. If that were the case, even a default 3-0 loss against Cove wouldn't have stopped us from qualifying and Caley going out, given what transpired today.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

To be fair, if it wasn't for a dreadful refereeing decision, we would have got the full three points against Raith. If that were the case, even a default 3-0 loss against Cove wouldn't have stopped us from qualifying and Caley going out, given what transpired today.

But you didn't get the three points versus Raith.  Dreadful refereeing decisions are part of the mix. 

Getting off lightly at a disciplinary hearing because BT were showing today's match live (and the SFA wanted it to mean something) is not part of the mix.   It is all rather tawdry.  But you have to hand it to Budge - she certainly knew which strings to pull. 

Imagine even getting in a state because there was some administrative error regarding an 18-year-old laddy getting a wee run out. It changed absolutely nothing, you freaks. :lol:

22 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Special shout outs today to Brad McKay, who's a League One player, which all ICT fans have known for a couple of years now, and to Shaun Rooney, who is just terrible, god knows what level he'd cope at.  Our this season's Danny Devine.

I was slating Rooney at the game (to be fair, he was garbage).  Only after the game I found out his mother was sitting two seats away.  Uh oh!

6 hours ago, Elixir said:

Imagine even getting in a state because there was some administrative error regarding an 18-year-old laddy getting a wee run out. It changed absolutely nothing, you freaks. :lol:

Maybe you're right mate. I just feel for Cove Rangers, ruined their big day.

Archived