League Cup 18/19 - Group E

As Thistle fans we never really saw him play, tbh. He just strolled about and had a neck like a giraffe from what I recall.

If we can’t beat a team with Mark Kerr in it then we should be liquidated immediately.

Good chance the statement will come back to bite me but I stand by it. Mark Kerr’s brutal.

How do you think Mark Kerr played guys??

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty slick performance from Morton from start to finish.  Tids and McAlister immense in the middle of the park. Both full backs looked good going forward and lots of movement up front.
I know we won 5-0 but we still lack a presence up front and need to be more clinical in front of goal. 
Very pleased at how our squad looks at the moment, with Millar, Telfor  and Buchanan, I would imagine back in contention next week.  Thomson made the bench today and I hope Denny not too far away either, means competition for places, which can't be a bad thing.
I imagine more to come in too before the squad is complete, but very satisfied so far!

Not a popular choice but i think the David Goodwillie would be z good signing for us.

14 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Lawrence Shankland emoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.png

Could quite easily be the best player we have had in my time following Ayr. I do think Moffat beside him really helps though

He's starting to manoeuvre himself into top spot for best striker I've watched in an Ayr jersey, high praise from an auld codger.

17 hours ago, Reid said:

No idea why Elliott thought it would be a good idea to dribble the ball into our own 6 yard box. Daft to say the least.

16 hours ago, John Lambie said:

Looking forward to seeing Shankland's goal.   Sounds a total peach. 

The "45 yard goal" turns out unsurisingly to be more like 35 yards. Still some strike though.

What on earth is the Thistle defender doing on the first though. If he had been a winger trying to cut in and cross he couldnt hace done that much better! Basic defending 101.

And if Mark Kerr's legs are still there then he is as good a sitting and passing central midfielder as there is at this level. Falkirk fans thought his legs had gone though. Are they wrong?

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

The "45 yard goal" turns out unsurisingly to be more like 35 yards. Still some strike though.

What on earth is the Thistle defender doing on the first though. If he had been a winger trying to cut in and cross he couldnt hace done that much better! Basic defending 101.

And if Mark Kerr's legs are still there then he is as good a sitting and passing central midfielder as there is at this level. Falkirk fans thought his legs had gone though. Are they wrong?

No, it was more like 43 yards, count the stripes on the pitch, 3 for the 18 yard box and 4 outside it.

I think he needs legs beside him. We can get caught looking very open because he simply can't cover the ground he used to.

But with the ball he's knitting our play together brilliantly. He's always available and very rarely gives it away. And Andy Murdoch is doing the legwork in with him.

I hope wee Ross docherty is learning from Kerr in training. That's what he should be aiming for.

Having not been there and only being told about the goals, that first one is actually worse than I was expecting it to be. Inexplicably stupid from Elliott.

Some strike by Shankland. Definitely would have been too seething to applaud it at the time, though.

I just caught a glimpse of the first goal and thought it was an og by the Ayr player till I realised the Patrick Thistle player wasn’t a left winger but a right back. What the feck was he doing?

I think Mark Kerr is one of the most underrated players going. People act as if he's utterly atrocious when he's pretty decent.
I remember him playing for the Pars away at Aberdeen and don't think he gave the ball away once. Not a thrilling midfielder but he does a good job for most sides.

Exactly this - he keeps the ball fantastically well. Not as if it’s always sideways either, very good range if passing.

36 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Exactly this - he keeps the ball fantastically well. Not as if it’s always sideways either, very good range if passing.

His vision and footballing brain are something else...few times yesterday he picked out brilliant passes to McGuffie and Crawford making runs down the wings or thru the middle

1 hour ago, beaver1 said:

I just caught a glimpse of the first goal and thought it was an og by the Ayr player till I realised the Patrick Thistle player wasn’t a left winger but a right back. What the feck was he doing?

In fairness over the last 15 years you wouldn't be mistaken by some of the sides Ayr have had. This one though is something special. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Most fans at this level don’t appreciate footballers. Want a centre mid that runs about like a headless chicken and boot folk.

Archived