League Cup 18/19 - Group E

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Nah im on holiday. Take the 0-0.   Save the 5-4 home win for the following week. 

So the rest of us have to watch a shit game because you can't plan your holiday properly.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would but if you think it actually makes any difference to your chances of further advancing, winning the group outright with 12 guarantees a seeding. 11 may not.
Defeat by less than 4 goals for Ayr would almost certainly be fine. Not for Thistle though. Even a one goal defeat might not do them although that may clear up a bit tomorrow.
Wining the group last season and being seeded didn't do us any favours when we got hibs probably3the toughest game we could have got

Just now, Superhursy7 said:
30 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:
It would but if you think it actually makes any difference to your chances of further advancing, winning the group outright with 12 guarantees a seeding. 11 may not.
Defeat by less than 4 goals for Ayr would almost certainly be fine. Not for Thistle though. Even a one goal defeat might not do them although that may clear up a bit tomorrow.

Wining the group last season and being seeded didn't do us any favours when we got hibs probably3the toughest game we could have got

Well yes but that was last year. Getting seeded this year would help you avoid Hibs. And Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen. I dont think there's any unseeded team I would rather avoid than any of them in terms of chance of progress.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well yes but that was last year. Getting seeded this year would help you avoid Hibs. And Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen. I dont think there's any unseeded team I would rather avoid than any of them in terms of chance of progress.

I'll happily have any of them at the Stadium of Dreams.

Good point, just don't want to get Kilmarnock until the final [emoji6][emoji6]

16 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

So the rest of us have to watch a shit game because you can't plan your holiday properly.

Correct. The club should also re-arrange the open day for the following week. 

Did Ayr get Hibs in the last 16 last season?

Yep. After winning all our games and getting seeded we ended up with Hibs. Not having a go at the system it’s just shit luck.

Lost 5-0 at Easter Road IIRC.

38 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'll happily take a 4-4 draw to ensure Partick progress.

And let our new young keeper and young left back along with youngish Rose have their confidence shattered just because you want to be entertained?  Shame on you.

Just now, Hursty said:

And let our new young keeper and young left back along with youngish Rose have their confidence shattered just because you want to be entertained?  Shame on you.

They'll be fine, if they're good enough they're old enough.

I actually fancy us to beat Partick. They’ve been less than impressive and our players will be high on confidence and reassured in the fact that Sir Lawrence of Shankland will lead them to glory.

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Probably just win 4-0 then. 

That would be great but I do like Partick, I'll always have a soft spot for them after the numbers that turned out for the D'Jaffo show.

Ayr looking in good shape, wouldn't be surprised if you's win on Saturday, I think it will be a big test for us. What a player Shankland looks to be at the moment, was it McCall that signed him, he brought a few absolute gems to us while in charge. 

11 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

First half was brutal but overall, a professional performance. Far more positives than negatives on display.

Sounds like our visit on Saturday.  

40 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Ayr looking in good shape, wouldn't be surprised if you's win on Saturday, I think it will be a big test for us. What a player Shankland looks to be at the moment, was it McCall that signed him, he brought a few absolute gems to us while in charge. 

Aye McCall signed him the beginning of last season. I remember no one would touch him after his spell at Morton. Glad it’s paid off. 

Tbf he’s signed a few players in his time with us that no one else would touch. Shankland being the best of the bunch.

I’m right in saying he brought Doolan and Erskine to Partick from the juniors?

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye McCall signed him the beginning of last season. I remember no one would touch him after his spell at Morton. Glad it’s paid off. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tbf he’s signed a few players in his time with us that no one else would touch. Shankland being the best of the bunch.

I’m right in saying he brought Doolan and Erskine to Partick from the juniors?

Great decision to give the lad a chance. Wouldn't mind seeing Ayr do well, just hopefully not as well as Thistle...

He did indeed, I've always liked McCall and really rated his signings for us. I think he also brought the likes of Cairney, Harkins and Paton amongst others to the club. 

Archived