League Cup 18/19 - Group E

19 minutes ago, SuperTon said:

We have McLean on a season long loan IIRC. It’s Waddell we have for 6 months.

Correct, Motherwell have the option to recall him at Christmas if needed. 

#Gary in talking pish shocker. 

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we competed well for the first 30 minutes, and then had Cook scored with that chance it might have been different, but in the end it was a relatively straightforward win for Morton. We need 2 or 3 players in who are capable of going straight into the starting line up, not squad fillers. With 2 midfielders injured and Gibbons going off today, we are really down to the bones for Tuesday. Couple of weeks to get it sorted before the proper stuff starts.

Totally in control today. Midfield looks class I have to say, with Tids MotM.
Telfer looks like a class act also, Tumilty impressing  going forward too.
Could do with a bit of height up front and a bit of pace wouldn't go amiss. 
Very happy with look of the squad so far....  

Thought Telfer looked like a player last week. Seems accepted that Ayr dominated but to me it was only after Telfer went off that we got a grip of the middle.

A better performance than I was expecting given the players were introduced to each other before kick off. Kearney did well going down the left it was just the final ball that was lacking.

Central defence is an improvement on Perry and Marr ( we would have been better off with Morrissey and Marr last season). Goalie looks as if he has been on the fish supper diet but made some really good saves. 

The best guage for this new team is the first 9 league games.

Looking forward to Tuesday night, hoping to hand out an absolute bodying to Stenny

Same

I like Stenny but I’d like us to improve our goal difference and this is a good opportunity to do so.

Shankland vs Neill round 3. Ding ding!

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Same

I like Stenny but I’d like us to improve our goal difference and this is a good opportunity to do so.

Shankland vs Neill round 3. Ding ding!

That where that clown ended up.

Expect McCall to switch it up again against Stenny. Maybe get to see Hare-Reid make his debut and maybe see a cameo from Doc.

Hare-Reid

Geggan Rose Bell Harvie

McGuffie Adams Murdoch Forrest

Moffat Shankland

Subs; Doohan, Ferguson, Kerr, Docherty, McCowan, McDaid, Moore

Looking forward to Tuesday night, it really is a big game. Win and it sets us up nicely for a winner takes all game at at Firhill on Saturday although I suspect that if we do win on Tuesday that’ll probably be enough to see us through to the last 16.

Stenny, like us are obviously on a high from winning promotion last year and seem to have recruited decently in the window with ex Ayr boys Morgyn Neil and Graeme Smith particular dece signings. 

McCall I think will revert back our strongest possible 11 again. The players brought in yesterday didn’t really make much of an impact. 

I’d go: 

Doohan

Geggan Rose Bell Harvie 

Forrest Kerr Murdoch Crawford

Moffat Shankland 

Subs; Hare-Reid,  Ferguson, Adams, McGuffie, McDaid, McCowan, Docherty

Prediction: Ayr United 2-0 Stenhousemuir. Shankland with both. 

14 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Expect McCall to switch it up again against Stenny. Maybe get to see Hare-Reid make his debut and maybe see a cameo from Doc.

Hare-Reid

Geggan Rose Bell Harvie

McGuffie Adams Murdoch Forrest

Moffat Shankland

Subs; Doohan, Ferguson, Kerr, Docherty, McCowan, McDaid, Moore

McCall said after game on Saturday that Docherty will hopefully train again all of this week and then get a game the following week, presume he didn't mean either of the Thistle games but perhaps a bounce game with the reserves or something.

£10 / £5 entry to Somerset tomorrow night - pleased at that - thought it would be £13.  I've basically just gained a free pint pre match!  
Pretty sure it was £12 and £6 at the Morton game last Saturday [emoji23]

Stupid question but I take it we won't have the railway end opened up for us because Stenhousemuir will bring about 20 fans if they're lucky

24 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Pretty sure it was £12 and £6 at the Morton game last Saturday emoji23.png

Stupid question but I take it we won't have the railway end opened up for us because Stenhousemuir will bring about 20 fans if they're lucky

Nah, it was £13/£6

I've never actually seen Thistle play The Vers at Cliftonhill.

I was at the 11-1 game but that was played at Fir Park.

Something similar tomorrow would be great...

1-1 :green

Archived