Remote Control Volume Numerical Preferences

What's your remote control volume numeral preference?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

30 on the amp as a general audible not too loud or quiet number.

06:30 on the phone but it comes on at 06:29 gradually increasing in volume to be ready for the proper alarm at 06:30.

The lights come on in the house automatically when it gets dark.

Are you a Russian spy and these three sentences are intended for internet bots?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I can see them but wonder what the point of them is?

Can you not just turn it up or down until it sounds right? The numbers don't even mean anything all tvs are different.

You’d have folk unwittingly leaving the volume on an odd number that doesn’t end in 5 or 0? Are you some kind of pervert?

38 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

If the numbers aren't there then millions wouldn't suffer from even number ocd and in turn would save billions of clicks on remotes and batteries. It's what David Attenborough would want.

Every time you click a battery on a remote, a child in Africa dies.

Slightly (alright, completely) off-topic, but does anybody enjoy listening to Numbers Stations? A throwback to the Cold War, although a few are still kicking about now. 

Here's one of the creepiest. 

The action starts around the 55 second mark. 

12 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I can see them but wonder what the point of them is?

Can you not just turn it up or down until it sounds right? The numbers don't even mean anything all tvs are different.

kPMwTWvKadCG4.gif

11 hours ago, Cerberus said:

None.
Like a normal person my remote control doesn't have it's own volume. The volume buttons on my remote control adjust the TV's volume.

Pedantry.

You're a rubbish pedant. You didn't even notice my typo.

11 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Slightly (alright, completely) off-topic, but does anybody enjoy listening to Numbers Stations? A throwback to the Cold War, although a few are still kicking about now. 

Here's one of the creepiest. 

The action starts around the 55 second mark. 

Probably WTM.

20 hours ago, IainMorton said:

My alarm is always set for 06:20 but if I have to get up slightly earlier I will set it for 06:15 or 06:10. Why would people set their alarm for 06:27 for example? That’s just mental IMO.

I set my alarm for 6:54. It used to be 6:55, but the wife then started setting hers for the same time and being woken suddenly by 2 alarms coming from different directions is terrifying. 

14 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

You mean you can’t hear numbers?

You can't spell them either.

I interjected in a telephone conversation.  Some buffoon we had mistakenly given a job was trying to communicate with a caller.

She was trying to relay a number. I told her spell each of the numbers to ensure it was clearly understood.

She laughed and informed me "you can't spell a number".

Archived