Top Scorer

Who will it be?

Is Muller playing a different position for Germany or is he just past it. 33/1.

Jesus (16/1) and Neymar (10/1) for Brazil.

Griezmann is 12/1 for France.

I usually check the group fixtures and see if there are any groups who are made up of absolute dross plus one really good side. That can throw up some mismatches which make for high-scoring games.

Thoughts?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 10:02, Scary Bear said:

I usually check the group fixtures and see if there are any groups who are made up of absolute dross plus one really good side. That can throw up some mismatches which make for high-scoring games.

Saudi Arabia and Panama look to be the weakest sides in the tournament, so you could have a speculative punt on Lukaku, Kane, Suarez or Cavani racking up a few against them. Can't see any of them going much further than the quarters though.

Going by recent tournaments, 5 goals should be enough to place if you're doing an E/W.

Saudi Arabia and Panama look to be the weakest sides in the tournament, so you could have a speculative punt on Lukaku, Kane, Suarez or Cavani racking up a few against them. Can't see any of them going much further than the quarters though.
Going by recent tournaments, 5 goals should be enough to place if you're doing an E/W.

E/W on Bet365 is top 4 places. That’s what I’ve gone for.

I think Kane is a decent shout at 16/1 E/W. France and Brazil should both do well and have little in the way of real opposition in their groups. I’ve backed Kane, Griezmann, Neymar and Jesus E/W. It’s only £2 each. Also put 50p E/W on Muller.

As long as there’s not a spate of Oleg Salenko type guys (oh, Rangers (RIP)) then I’ll hopefully get some money back.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

E/W on Bet365 is top 4 places. That’s what I’ve gone for.

I think Kane is a decent shout at 16/1 E/W. France and Brazil should both do well and have little in the way of real opposition in their groups. I’ve backed Kane, Griezmann, Neymar and Jesus E/W. It’s only £2 each. Also put 50p E/W on Muller.

As long as there’s not a spate of Oleg Salenko type guys (oh, Rangers (RIP)) then I’ll hopefully get some money back.

Didn't realise Kane was that short. England's lack of creativity would put me off taking him at that price, regardless of how good he is.

Didn't realise Kane was that short. England's lack of creativity would put me off taking him at that price, regardless of how good he is.

They are only up against Panama and Tunisia. I know they habitually shit the bed at tourneys but surely that’ll change some day.

4 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Watched Panama in a few of their friendlies since qualifying. Their defence is utterly abysmal. Kane should be looking at a double at least there, if not a hat trick.

Suarez was top scorer for Uruguay in qualifying, think he scored 11 to Cavani's 6. I'm torn between him and Griezmann for my William Hill top scorer 10er, both should get a f*ck load of free bets back whatever the case. Ruling Kane out because I don't see England getting far enough that he will add to his group stage goals.

England are not perennial high scorers in the tournament recently with about 6 or 7 a world cup

Top scorers average 15 to 18 a tournament so would definitely avoid any of England's players for top goalscorer

21 hours ago, booj1893 said:

England are not perennial high scorers in the tournament recently with about 6 or 7 a world cup

Top scorers average 15 to 18 a tournament so would definitely avoid any of England's players for top goalscorer

Harry Kane.

On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 15:07, Ross. said:

Suarez was top scorer for Uruguay in qualifying, think he scored 11 to Cavani's 6. I'm torn between him and Griezmann for my William Hill top scorer 10er, both should get a f*ck load of free bets back whatever the case. Ruling Kane out because I don't see England getting far enough that he will add to his group stage goals.

It was the other way round. Cavani with 10 and Suarez with 5.

FWIW, both look like decent shouts as their game against Saudi Arabia could be biggest mismatch at the tournament.

6 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

It was the other way round. Cavani with 10 and Suarez with 5.

FWIW, both look like decent shouts as their game against Saudi Arabia could be biggest mismatch at the tournament.

Think I looked at the 2014 figures instead of 2018. Both definitely capable of hitting 4/5 goals in the group stage, which would be enough to see them there or there abouts as top scorer. All depends from that point how far Uruguay go in the tournament.

Archived