Brechin City 2018 /19

I wasn't really bothered , just pleasantly surprised that even folk outwith are concerned that we make the right appointment (s) . [emoji6]

Think everyone that frequents these forums has a strong interest in the overall leagues and not just their own club, to be fair!

I've heard Stevie Aitken [emoji102]

34 minutes ago, endieinreekie said:

You're welcome, Brechin.

Indeed. No wins with a love affair for ultra-defensive tactics using a team that couldn't defend last season was one thing, but back two defeats against the Mo certainly trumps that. ;)

Because I'm pessimistic this morning, here's a pint half empty summary (No Surprises by Radiohead to be played in head):

Great escape season: shouldn't have been in that basement position in the first place. The escape glamorised a dreadful 3/4 of a season. One can brush it off as a rookie spell if they wish. 

Promotion season: Mid-table finish, losing more than winning. Nothing particularly special in that. However... It was four hard fought games over the playoffs that gave him what seemed like immortality, decided on pens both times. Four games in 3.25 seasons. 

The club statement tries its best to be nice, highlighting he took us to Celtic Park in the Scottish Cup. We lost 5-0. Little did we know that the only other team Celtic would beat by that margin would be Sevco. We were as bad as a Murty team, a new low. The route there consisted of beating Buckie Thistle with a last minute winner, having gone behind twice in that match. Pretty much every other cup game during his tenure has been one to forget, including the league cup games against so-called lesser opposition. 

Additionally, the photo above must be a photoshop effort. His hands are out his pockets. 

Pleasing decision. 

Well my self imposed ban did not last long:thumsup2 lets hope we make the right decision as many have said I also would not be adverse to Stevie Campbell & Charlie King team, but would be a bit of risk given neither  of them has experience to judge them on but worth giving them a try ( if they are interested !! ). 

In Ken we trust :lol: 

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think everyone that frequents these forums has a strong interest in the overall leagues and not just their own club, to be fair!

I've heard Stevie Aitken emoji102.png

He did well at Stranraer and maybe this is the type of club where he might thrive but logistically there have been  some other names mentioned which might suit better. 

Who knows, there might be another Michael Oneil out there to prove us all wrong !  ;)

Time will tell.