West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Glencairn's first defeat today has really tightened things up at the top of the table, now it's only goal difference separating us from Benburb with the same number of games played.

I commented on it a couple of weeks ago, but Arthurlie and Kilsyth are very quietly and effectively going about their business and moving into good positions, while Cumbernauld are slipping a little but are still very much in touch. I'd say that all of the teams in the top half of the table are in promotion contention at the moment, and I wouldn't rule out Darvel in 9th place either as they have some momentum going now.

There are some interesting games coming up over the next couple of weeks. Next Saturday sees Arthurlie (3rd) v Cumbernauld (5th), while the following weekend sees Benburb v Cumbernauld and Rossvale v Arthurlie.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

Glencairn's first defeat today has really tightened things up at the top of the table, now it's only goal difference separating us from Benburb with the same number of games played.

I commented on it a couple of weeks ago, but Arthurlie and Kilsyth are very quietly and effectively going about their business and moving into good positions, while Cumbernauld are slipping a little but are still very much in touch. I'd say that all of the teams in the top half of the table are in promotion contention at the moment, and I wouldn't rule out Darvel in 9th place either as they have some momentum going now.

There are some interesting games coming up over the next couple of weeks. Next Saturday sees Arthurlie (3rd) v Cumbernauld (5th), while the following weekend sees Benburb v Cumbernauld and Rossvale v Arthurlie.

Meanwhile we have kello craigmark and girvan to complete our first half of the season 

I personally think we have gave some teams too much of a start this season but u never know what’s ahead with suspensions and injuries and one thing for sure we have had horrendous luck with injuries 

Meanwhile we have kello craigmark and girvan to complete our first half of the season 
I personally think we have gave some teams too much of a start this season but u never know what’s ahead with suspensions and injuries and one thing for sure we have had horrendous luck with injuries 

Your on your way, where your going nobody knows, how you’re getting there, nobody cares, but its guid to know your on your way anyway

TT yous are doing well this season but I think we are now on a rite good run since we brought in Chris Stain snr and John Mcoll who are undefeated in 7 and we're on our way we're on our way

Thanks very much, hopefully we’re on our way to the same place because it sounds good

The Darvel 2 need to get a grasp of how it really is in the Championship rather than persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring they think it is. 

Staying up is an achievement for Darvel this season. They have to hope that there is 3 teams in the league worse than them. I think there might be 4 or 5 worse but no more. That keeps them in the league and free to spend, or should I say waste, more money next season.

Archived