Bo'ness United 2018/19

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Trip to East Kilbride on Saturday.     They have been knocked out of two cups already so will be desperate for a win.  Hopefully the BU's can upset the odds and make it a treble.

Mon the BU's !!!

Image result for boness united

Yip do a Jeanfield on them.

I’m f**king off to watch the Juniors but I’ll keep an eye out for the score

Don't mention the Juniors FFS as AlanCamelonFan will go into meltdown again.   I was really impressed with Jeanfield when they won 0-2 at Bo'ness.  On that basis the East Kilbride 1 Jeanfield 4 scoreline didn't come as a huge surprise.     

BU's will need to be in good form and take their chances to get a good result.  Roll on Saturday.

15 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Trip to East Kilbride on Saturday.     They have been knocked out of two cups already so will be desperate for a win.  Hopefully the BU's can upset the odds and make it a treble.

Mon the BU's !!!

Image result for boness united

Hope their plastic pitch is decent

Just seen a video of their game last week,(dunno how to share on here),pitch looks terrible

9 minutes ago, boness4ever said:

3 of the top scorers in the EOS are Kieran Anderson,Darren Downie,and Zander Miller,,spot the connection??!!

To be fair, Downie looked poor when with us but the other two were players we should never have let go.

Just seen a video of their game last week,(dunno how to share on here),pitch looks terrible
I was there on Sunday, it's absolutely shite. I'm fine with plastic pitches in general but that pitch isn't good enough for senior competitive football. Unless it's raining it's very slow, the ball catches and the bounce is wrong. Half football pitch, half trampoline.

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

To be fair, Downie looked poor when with us but the other two were players we should never have let go.

I reckon the phrase "Downie looked poor" is a bit of an understatement.   Jambo'ness being kind to Darren.   

Totally agree though that Zander Miller and Kieran Anderson should have stayed at the BU's.      Although Zander has had a fairly barren run against the BU's he is a good striker with a good scoring  record who has improved his overall game.   As for Kieran he  can do stuff on the pitch that other forwards can't. Yes he can be frustrating to watch at times with offside rulings and shooting when he should pass but that's why he plays at this level and not higher.

7 hours ago, boness4ever said:

You can go on Youtube and watch a rather sterile 90 second video that really just shows the goals of the east Kilbride v Edinburgh City game with some bland backing music,    I much prefer the rawness of the video made by a young Edinburgh City fan of the same game.     Here's a link to his highlights. Enjoy.     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktF1SH-Y4kc          Iwill confess that it made me miss the singing and chanting of the Bo'ness Young Team ......................although there are other aspects of their behaviour i am glad to see the back of.  

14 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I reckon the phrase "Downie looked poor" is a bit of an understatement.   Jambo'ness being kind to Darren.   

Totally agree though that Zander Miller and Kieran Anderson should have stayed at the BU's.      Although Zander has had a fairly barren run against the BU's he is a good striker with a good scoring  record who has improved his overall game.   As for Kieran he  can do stuff on the pitch that other forwards can't. Yes he can be frustrating to watch at times with offside rulings and shooting when he should pass but that's why he plays at this level and not higher.

Downie probably lacked confidence. Miller and Anderson have proved themselves since they left but what's the point of always raking up the past.  

Archived