Linlithgow Rose 18/19

23 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

The strong budget?

His budget is substantially less than his predecessor.

When he arrived the 2nd time it was to financial restrictions. As the infrastructure was given priority over player investment.

Is every player is on the same wage ie £100 a week 

Let's not go too overboard here. We started nervously and lost 2 goals. The rest of the half we were the better team - not my opinion but that of the Beith regular I was standing beside. Second half a couple of mistakes and we were on a hiding to nothing. They weren't substantially better all over the park etc etc.
We got beaten and that is hard to take, especially from Junior opposition but we have been struggling to get a settled team due to injuries and availability. The last few games haven't been a fair representation of where we are form wise.
If I'm honest I didn't expect to get a result down there yesterday.

21 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

Is every player is on the same wage ie £100 a week 

Shouldn't you be concentrating on your own mob.  A voyeur is what you are.

13 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

Let's not go too overboard here. We started nervously and lost 2 goals. The rest of the half we were the better team - not my opinion but that of the Beith regular I was standing beside. Second half a couple of mistakes and we were on a hiding to nothing. They weren't substantially better all over the park etc etc.
We got beaten and that is hard to take, especially from Junior opposition but we have been struggling to get a settled team due to injuries and availability. The last few games haven't been a fair representation of where we are form wise.
If I'm honest I didn't expect to get a result down there yesterday.

Fair assessment.

IMO it's unreasonable to criticise the manager without knowing the resources available to him, and to the clubs around us, and none of us know that.

What we do know is that in one summer he turned the squad around from a shocking state, flirting seriously with relegation, to one that finished within 4 points of a very good Bonnyrigg while playing very watchable football. He addressed all the problem positions with 3 midfielders, a left back and a couple of forwards. One of those signings didn't work out - that couldn't have been foreseen and it's a better success rate than most. This summer we lost Leiper and had severe injury problems, but he's quickly got us clicking going forward. Had Coyne played at his usual level it would have been 2-2 at half time yesterday against a considerably better opponent. Who knows what happens then, because we were dominating possession.

I'm sure Bradley knows the problems better than anyone else here. How much he can do to remedy it in terms of bringing players in, none of us know. He's more than earned the right to time to work on it though.

4 minutes ago, stumpy said:

dont know how you could blame goalie for the 1st .....

He was caught under the ball, poor.   As for Gary Thom, that's really poor from someone with his experience.

I would assume TC miss is being kept for a bloopers collection.

dont know how you could blame goalie for the 1st .....

Ball looks to go right through him.

Kyle has ability but lacks concentration and that leads to errors.

His career path tells it's own story. Linlithgow have provided an opportunity for him to prove himself and so far the jury remains split.

I think only Mcbookie and the bookmaker sheep were the only naive parties making linlithgow joint favourites. Away from home as well. Plenty punters were well aware if this had been a junior cup tie last season Beith would have been strong favourites. Shame I never did Beith minus 2 like I know a lithgy fan who shall remain anonymous did.

17 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

First goal was a stoater !! Power, swerve and a late dip. Bit harsh having a pop at the keeper for that goal.

Okay to hang him for his clanger for the 3rd goal but I think he should be absolved for the first.

Probably right Dave.  At the game it looked like he pulled his hands away but the video suggests he didn't have much of a chance.

Poor keeper! It will not do his confidence much good getting the blame for losing the first goal  It was a brilliant strike It was nice to play a team that were not diving about looking for fouls or kicking us about the park like some we have played this season A few bookings but

unable to think of a bad tackle during the game from both sides  Hopefully we will meet up again in the future All the best for the rest of the season

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

Probably right Dave.  At the game it looked like he pulled his hands away but the video suggests he didn't have much of a chance.

Fuzzy a thought it was great strike  so wouldn’t blame him but the 3rd goal not great for him 

56 minutes ago, The Dog Hip said:

We were beaten by a good junior team and showed the level this committee has dragged our club down to 

We must be coming up to Halloween and a full moon - it’s dragging all the idiots out.