FIFA 19

FifeArab

Rustled up ~30k coins from selling players/staff/consumables, spunked it all on OTW Vrsaljko for RB. 

Hopefully gets a special card at some point to make it worth it. 99 contract and ~27k to get him, seems not bad.

Screenshot_20181011-141425_Companion.thumb.jpg.1908f7192a37abe30f856298a5164c95.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.

6 minutes ago, Edmond Dantès said:

If you spend £150 real money on in-game purchases then you deserve what you get IMO.

Definitely, it worries me that he's probably nowhere near the highest spender either.

I had a mate who spent like £100 on packs and had a ridiculous team. He also got slagged off for it big time and this year isn’t spending anything for fear of the loss being taken out of him and deservedly so!

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Love folk like this, £150 real money on packs :lol:

That's an absolute car crash of a tweet.  There's nothing broken about what he did, in fact it's working in exactly the way EA intended.  If you think that FIFA is pay-to-win, and that by shelling out a fuckload of money on it, you'll automatically be good, then you're the exact sort of mark EA will be interested in.  EA's algorithms will be making sure that players like this get just enough to be strung along and no more, safe in the knowledge that they'll plough even more money in after that.  Not particularly ethical, but they're a business.

Actually, after checking the pic on my phone (twitter posts don't load in work) I see he's actually complaining about the bugs in the game, and because of that he wants the money refunded.  What a VL.  Bugs like he's showing shouldn't be there, but the pack "luck" is perfectly intended.

As some of the marquee matchups can be done with bronze players, but require rare ones, I've made around 35k just sitting doing the bronze pack method tonight. Made another 9k off a random bronze Mexican keeper too.

Made a nice distraction from the Scotland game.

Seen some suggestions yesterday that because of the rewards for divisional rivals being fairly similar for each division that people may be getting relegated on purpose so that they can then get to Elite level rewards much easier. Not looked into it too much but I thought the rewards were different for each league. If I finish in Gold 1 in Division 5 my rewards are better than the comparison in Division 6 but not as good as Division 4.

8 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Seen some suggestions yesterday that because of the rewards for divisional rivals being fairly similar for each division that people may be getting relegated on purpose so that they can then get to Elite level rewards much easier. Not looked into it too much but I thought the rewards were different for each league. If I finish in Gold 1 in Division 5 my rewards are better than the comparison in Division 6 but not as good as Division 4.

They are different. A lot of people aren't realising you get the rewards from the division you start the week in, so if you get promoted halfway through you want see the benefits until the next round of it. 

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They are different. A lot of people aren't realising you get the rewards from the division you start the week in, so if you get promoted halfway through you want see the benefits until the next round of it. 

That's not really the point. People are supposedly getting themselves relegated because the difference in rewards isn't worth playing harder games.

For example, Gold 1 in Division 6 would get you 52,000 coins. Gold 1 in Division 4 would get you 65,000 coins*. So you're playing two divisions higher, against generally better opposition, for only an extra 13,000 coins. If you split that 13,000 coins against the number of games you need to play to get rank 1 and a lot of people think it's simply not worth it.

*Note: I've taken the coins figures from a post online and haven't double checked them, but they seem about right.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

3 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

That's not really the point. People are supposedly getting themselves relegated because the difference in rewards isn't worth playing harder games.

For example, Gold 1 in Division 6 would get you 52,000 coins. Gold 1 in Division 4 would get you 65,000 coins*. So you're playing two divisions higher, against generally better opposition, for only an extra 13,000 coins. If you split that 13,000 coins against the number of games you need to play to get rank 1 and a lot of people think it's simply not worth it.

*Note: I've taken the coins figures from a post online and haven't double checked them, but they seem about right.

Fair play, it seems a big effort to get promoted this year though, so once EA realise this is happening and change the rewards, it'll be a bit shite.

I'm loving Rivals currently.  Was in Div 5 to start, but got bumped down one, now absolutely cuffing teams.  Still can't defend for shit though - went 5-0 up in 16 minutes (guy didn't rage quit) and ended up winning 5-4 with momentum really swinging.  Aiming for the Elite ranking, but not sure I'll be able to play enough games to keep it up, particularly once the weekend hits and people with nothing to do in their lives play 400 games.

Won’t be doing POTM this time round. f**k me that looks expensive :lol:

10 TOTW cards needed and an 86 rated squad to boot! That’s virtual untouchable unless you’ve lucked out with a number of packs or spent serious cash on the game.

Some card though!

I’ll need to do some planning tonight but I’m hoping I might just be able to do it. I’ve had some awesome pack luck so far and invested in a few Premier League IFs when they were selling for under 14k each (now all min. 20k).

The packs for each section are actually very good, and you have a month to complete it, so it might just be possible.

Edited by Jaggy Snake