FIFA 19

FifeArab

Finished my maiden Weekend League attempt last night, managing to play all 30 games...and I'm still fucking seething.

Had the day off on Friday so knocked through a little under half the games then.  Encountered what was a very new verison of lag where the game would essentially pause, then speed up to catch up to "now", during which time my players would do nothing, then react to whatever button presses I had once it caught up.  So lots of punting the ball out, or dribbling uselessly into defenders.  Got burned by that a few times in the early games and was just about ready to quit, but managed to nick a few games, finding that the players weren't quite as good as I expected.  Met a few teams that absolutely pumped me, but nowhere near as many as expected.  

Got to last night sitting at 8 wins, 7 games to go.  Just wanted to get to Silver 1, just needed the 3 wins.  That would get me immediate qualification back to the next one and a decent player pick (apparently).  Lost the first one, but nicked a win in the 2nd.  Another defeat after, but then a James Forrest inspired extra-time performance took me to within 1 win of the target with three games to go.  Surely...surely.

Next game I'm absolutely battering a guy, raced into a 2-0 lead, but he got it back to 2-2 against the run of play.  Ball loops up in his box, open goal, and I'm about to head it in when he disconnects.  Had it been 2 seconds later I'd have got the win, but instead it cancels the game.  Next one I lost 6-5 after extra-time having been 4-3 up in the 92nd minute (of 92 mins) and then 5-5 with 2 mins of extra-time to go.  Lost the penultimate game 3-2, leaving me sitting at 11pm with one game left to get that one win.

Lost 5-2, with him shushing after every goal.  If I find that guy that disconnected, I'm going to make him eat his fucking router.

EDIT: I mean I think 10 wins is alright for a Div 6 guy who's largely shite at the game, but with all the narrow defeats and disconnects, it should've been better.

Edited by forameus

I’ve discovered frustration online as well recently. Haven’t won in about 8 games now with players smashing them in from 25 yards no bother and my strikers missing open goals from 3 yards. Plus if changed keeper to Leno form Kepa and turns out they’re as shite as each other! Gonna Just bite the bullet and buy Allison!

I’ve discovered frustration online as well recently. Haven’t won in about 8 games now with players smashing them in from 25 yards no bother and my strikers missing open goals from 3 yards. Plus if changed keeper to Leno form Kepa and turns out they’re as shite as each other! Gonna Just bite the bullet and buy Allison!

If you’ve got enough coins buy Ederson he’s miles better than Allison

Not sure if he's still available to do, but if you've got a Serie A team, Kevin Prince Boateng is a pretty good option.  Sitting him in beside UL SMS, keeping IF Pjanic out of the team at the moment.  Quite a big outlay for him, but worth it if you've got a few high-rated players sitting in your club.

If you’ve got enough coins buy Ederson he’s miles better than Allison

Yeah the coins isn’t the issue. Was gonna go for the OTW Alisson, but probably not much point.

Pretty much got 14/20 of the prem teams sort and got over 40 players in my trade pile to sell. So hopefully that’s around the corner ahead. On the plus side, packed the IF Bremen goalie from the squad battles reward. So can’t complain at that.

I finished on 14 wins again - third week in a row on that finish. This weekend was an absolute fecking joke though, gameplay and general FIFA BS everywhere. Its so hard to keep your cool, but i lost four games on penalties. FOUR. Maybe take next weekend off...unless I get rewards that make it worth it!

Has anyone noticed a massive difference in the CL players and their regular cards. I’ve got an 84 Jesus that I packed and I do use him, but I can sell it for 90k and get the regular one for a tenth of the price. Plus if I get my team the way I want, he’d be behind Lewandowski upfront.

I have Varane Alli and Fernandinho blue UCL cards. All are brilliant tbh. Alli is the only one who I’ve used both his normal card and UCL card and his UCL has felt much better. 

I used UCL Robertson and he wasn’t any better than his base card. 

I only use my UCL cards because they are untradeable, the price difference seems huge for not much of a difference in actual card.

I always used Insigne's base card, because it was a fraction of his CL one, but after feeling flush and realising there wasn't really another option at LW/LF, I splashed out.  It's hard to tell if there's a massive difference between them, but he definitely seems that wee bit better.  I think they're a nice to have at this stage to hold value in your club.  The highly rated ones will likely always be valuable unless there's a super crash, so it's nice to have a player you can probably punt for coins and roll back to the base card in a pinch.

If you're short on coins though, I don't think you'll really lose much using the base.  The real value will be in the low-rated CL players, as there's always going to be SBCs that need them.

Actually, I just checked what actual difference there is to stats between the cards.  I know they add one to every face stat, but there really isn't too much difference even on the base attributes.  Insigne has one more on a smattering of stats, and nothing that really changes any of the weaknesses he has.  Think I might get rid, go back to the 88

Edited by forameus

Regained my interest in this a few days ago mainly due to the Morelos SBC card and Forrest 84 inform so building a Scottish team - seems to be a lack of decent players to fill in at CAM, any suggestions? Bit of a long shot but would be ideal if Christie got an IF today for a cup winning goal

Regained my interest in this a few days ago mainly due to the Morelos SBC card and Forrest 84 inform so building a Scottish team - seems to be a lack of decent players to fill in at CAM, any suggestions? Bit of a long shot but would be ideal if Christie got an IF today for a cup winning goal
I use mcgregor there, he does a good job for me.

2 hours ago, WeveGotMcginn said:

Pretty sure the informs are for league games only so there’s no chance of Christie getting one.

25 minutes ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, Sauzee#4 said:
Pretty sure the informs are for league games only so there’s no chance of Christie getting one.

They tend to release orange motm cards for cup finals later in the year, I'm sure brown got one last year for the Scottish Cup.

Yeah true but it’s pretty obvious EA don’t really care about the Scottish game.

TOTW looks tasty this week. Shame I didn’t play weekend league so I could not pack any of the big players.