FIFA 19

FifeArab

Played Rivals for the first time in about 3 months last night, was in Division 4.

Roundly humped in every match :lol: only good thing is prices have crashed all over the shop, got Manolas and Matuidi for under 30k combined, struggle to get one for that back in October. 

Just done that untradeable totw upgrade. Was hoping for Son or Pogba. Outcame the French billboard but it turned out to be 86 right back Lala who is really decent tbf. Away to do it again but I just know I’ll get Dwight Gayle or some shite like that.

21 hours ago, Moo said:

Just done that untradeable totw upgrade. Was hoping for Son or Pogba. Outcame the French billboard but it turned out to be 86 right back Lala who is really decent tbf. Away to do it again but I just know I’ll get Dwight Gayle or some shite like that.

I've done a few (even though I know EA are only doing it to drain people's clubs in preparation for the next promo).  Think I maybe did 5 in total.  Absolute shite from the first two, put them in to the tradeable and got some Championship jobber.  One more untradeable, and got Lala.  Worth about 130k when I got him, but of course, untradeable.  f**k sake.  Dropped two more rubbish ones into tradeable hoping for same luck...77 rated jobber.  Fucking EA.

Better results out of the Serie A upgrade.  Rinsing the enormous number of cards I've got into them to try and get a few of the players I'm missing.  Only one I had any interest in keeping was Immobile, but a few of the high rated ones went nicely into the TOTW SBCs.  May do a few more today with the results and see if I can get the players I really want (Dybala, basically, or perhaps Mertens...or maybe a wee Ronaldo?)

But the club is looking pretty light on golds right now, because in all the excitement of FUTMAS, I decided I had enough in my club to go after an icon.  Sir Sol and his sizeable arse join the club to sit alongside the absolute ride that is Maldini.  Cost me probably more than was sensible, but I'd started stockpiling high rated cards when I was fairly rich in coins, so apart from now being pretty poor, and having to lose IF Suso, Perisic and Chiellini amongst others, I'm pretty happy with the balance of the team

image.png.a34bb67fd56ab2ac69519fead2fd4d9d.png

image.png.2b0fb6b480e0906a4eb259176a3b0d9b.png

image.png.d9374f0d36504dbf62d779f15f30f765.png

Campbell and Maldini are absolutely imperious.  I still think the former is a little clumsy if you're a shite defender like me, but I've never felt more in control at the back than I do with those two.  Both got a fairly decent turn of pace on them, so don't really miss having no full-backs.  Especially with Szczezzzzny behind them, who is the best keeper I've used in a number of editions.  

Don't actually regret doing Rigoni anymore.  Not the sort of physical monster as the rest of the midfield, but does a job, particularly with his pace.  Also absolutely don't regret doing Insigne anymore.  As long as you don't expect him to win any kind of physical battle, just put it in front of him and watch him rip teams apart.  Same with Callejon, although not quite to the same degree.

Honourable mention too for the one guy who has never started a game for me, but is probably the most fun I've had with a player.  James.  Fucking.  Forrest.  Seriously, that IF is absolutely wonderful for me.  I've already got quite a bit of pace up top, but bringing him on around the hour mark gives you boundless energy.  Chases down, fairly decent defender, and dribbles like no-one else I've used.  Get him bought, generate some seethe.

@forameus how do Perisic play?

I need a left winger but having to grind my way through coins so can't really be arsed getting anyone over 30k. He seems my best bet I think, got Gomez there at the moment but he's better behind the striker.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

@forameus how do Perisic play?

I need a left winger but having to grind my way through coins so can't really be arsed getting anyone over 30k. He seems my best bet I think, got Gomez there at the moment but he's better behind the striker.

No complaints about him whatsoever.  If you're looking for a winger that will burn down the wing with pace he's probably not your guy, but everything else he does well.  Decent strength so even if a defender catches him you can often bludgeon your way through anyway.  I'd say he's probably your best bet.

Just now, forameus said:

No complaints about him whatsoever.  If you're looking for a winger that will burn down the wing with pace he's probably not your guy, but everything else he does well.  Decent strength so even if a defender catches him you can often bludgeon your way through anyway.  I'd say he's probably your best bet.

Ive got Callejon on the other wing, who's amazing for me, so if he's similar that'll do. I hate players with almost no strength though, only have them if they're obscenely quick/evasive.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ive got Callejon on the other wing, who's amazing for me, so if he's similar that'll do. I hate players with almost no strength though, only have them if they're obscenely quick/evasive.

Yeah, I'd agree.  You really see it with having Insigne up there.  I rocked Insigne and Callejon on opposite sides most of the way through 18, and for a bit of 19, and the difference between them in that regard is quite stark.  I love having Perisic in that LM role in the 3-4-2-1, he's got enough about him to help out going back if needed, but he's even better going forward supporting Insigne/Costa/whoever I've got with him.  Just as easy to play him at LW too.

Just took a look at who else you could have from Serie A in that position, and the only ones markedly better (base card) would be Insigne or Costa.  If I could only play one, it'd definitely be Perisic out of those two.  Better base stats, taller, stronger, more rounded.

6 hours ago, forameus said:

Yeah, I'd agree.  You really see it with having Insigne up there.  I rocked Insigne and Callejon on opposite sides most of the way through 18, and for a bit of 19, and the difference between them in that regard is quite stark.  I love having Perisic in that LM role in the 3-4-2-1, he's got enough about him to help out going back if needed, but he's even better going forward supporting Insigne/Costa/whoever I've got with him.  Just as easy to play him at LW too.

Just took a look at who else you could have from Serie A in that position, and the only ones markedly better (base card) would be Insigne or Costa.  If I could only play one, it'd definitely be Perisic out of those two.  Better base stats, taller, stronger, more rounded.

Cheers, he does sound perfect for how I play. 

5 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

It’s a shame Perisic is a LM/LW he looks a perfect CAM. 

I'm sure I've seen a CF card floating about, might be totally wrong though, or maybe thinking about 18.

Are Icons worth a punt now or are the prices dropping more?

I have 660k and thinking of maybe having one in the team for fun. Looking at Laudrup (91),Berkamp (87), Rijaard (86) or there are others like Keane, Giggs, Scholes, Gattuso etc

I had Baby Henry last year and found him fun for a while but i lost a good amount of coins.

Edited by Yonas

You c***s on about Icons while I'm struggling away to afford a basic Perisic card. 

Every year I stop playing for months and end up miles behind everyone else, and yet I never learn.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

You c***s on about Icons while I'm struggling away to afford a basic Perisic card. 

Every year I stop playing for months and end up miles behind everyone else, and yet I never learn.

I have played it to much considering how bad it is gameplay wise with the amount of abusive bugs in it and one still playing a massive part the timed Finesse shots.

Played it to the point of bordem where the players need to change to keep me occupied as variety of games isnt much along with folks teams.

This.

I consider myself an actual no bad player at Fifa and I’ve regularly got to division 1 in seasons and about division 2 on ultimate team. This year I’m struggling to get out of division 5 on rivals as everyone’s team is just far superior. Most have icons alreadys and then some have player of the month Aubu or Hazard or really high IF’s.

Some boys back two centre half’s were IF Van Djik and icon Ferdinand. It was like playing against a brick wall with my IF arnautovic.

5 minutes ago, Moo said:

This.

I consider myself an actual no bad player at Fifa and I’ve regularly got to division 1 in seasons and about division 2 on ultimate team. This year I’m struggling to get out of division 5 on rivals as everyone’s team is just far superior. Most have icons alreadys and then some have player of the month Aubu or Hazard or really high IF’s.

Some boys back two centre half’s were IF Van Djik and icon Ferdinand. It was like playing against a brick wall with my IF arnautovic.

Yup, folk have mental teams. I'm about to be relegated in Div 5, and every team I've played in Div 4 has had Icons and/or 90+ rated squads.

My squads rated 84..

I've just fallen behind, but I'm convinced more people are spending money on packs this year.