FIFA 19

FifeArab

26 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Are we expecting a POTM today? I’ve picked up a Salah just in case.

It should be today unless EA wimp it and don't want it clashing with TOTY but, I don't really see that happening.

If it's a right wing Salah, I'll definitely try and do it. If it's a striker card I'm not interested.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

46 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

It should be today unless EA wimp it and don't want it clashing with TOTY but, I don't really see that happening.

If it's a right wing Salah, I'll definitely try and do it. If it's a striker card I'm not interested.

I’m the other way about, if it’s a striker I’ll do it. I don’t play with wingers so it would be pointless.

I think I've lucked out sticking with Serie A, at least I can look at all these POTM cards with their inflated prices and confidently sack them off.  Looks like Reus might get a 3rd POTM card as well, driving the results of an award purely off the back of a card that people want in a game.  Yay football.

I'd really recommend doing that Casillas SBC too btw.  I managed to do it for about 30k with the cards I already had in the club, and from scratch I think it was sitting about 65k this morning.  91 rated card out of it, so at the very least you're getting a very reasonable 91-rated SBC fodder, plus whatever you get out of the two packs.  Personally I'm keeping him in my team - came up against a guy yesterday with him and it was like facing a brick wall.

Bought Lozanos 83 card for the bench too, so I can bring him on late and get it right up all these fuckers who have Van Aanhot at left back. Callejon and Verdi just do nothing against him.

Same issue with Walker, but Costa has fun with him once Perisic has worn him down.

Get James Forrest in for that.  I've started giving him a starting spot after rejigging, but he was absolutely tremendous fun to bring on around the hour mark against tired defenders.  Even better when you brought on TOTGS Insigne on the other side to ram it right up them from both sides.

Ouch 14 in forms. It looks like a brilliant card tbh but I’m kind of done doing Untradeable SBCs unless it’s someone I really really want. I think I’ll sell up a load of investments and try a new icon this weekend league. Looking at that 90 Veron or 89 Gerrard. Anyone tried these? Would be for a left CM in the 4212 narrow.

I done the Casillas SBC and sold De Gea to pick up Ramos. Only cost 20k with what I had and he's just as good as De Gea and Ramos is fantastic.

Club is looking a bit thin on the ground now though.

Ouch 14 in forms. It looks like a brilliant card tbh but I’m kind of done doing Untradeable SBCs unless it’s someone I really really want. I think I’ll sell up a load of investments and try a new icon this weekend league. Looking at that 90 Veron or 89 Gerrard. Anyone tried these? Would be for a left CM in the 4212 narrow.

My mate uses Veron and says he’s class. Think he uses him as a CAM behind Aguero though so not so sure what he’d be like as a CM but I’m sure if you had a defensive minded Cm beside him he’d be fine. Played against the Gerrard a few times and never noted him to be anything special but could be the players using him.

The Van Dijk Sbc has pissed me off. They have put the 14 IF in because of the amount of packs getting bought for TOTY and casual players have no chance who haven’t been spunking cash on packs

4 minutes ago, YHallSaint said:

My mate uses Veron and says he’s class. Think he uses him as a CAM behind Aguero though so not so sure what he’d be like as a CM but I’m sure if you had a defensive minded Cm beside him he’d be fine. Played against the Gerrard a few times and never noted him to be anything special but could be the players using him.

The Van Dijk Sbc has pissed me off. They have put the 14 IF in because of the amount of packs getting bought for TOTY and casual players have no chance who haven’t been spunking cash on packs

I’m using 93 KDB at CAM and I have IF Pogba at RCM with IF Fabinho at CDM. I’m just looking for someone in that LCM role who can go box to box really well and contribute a bit of everything. Veron might be the best choice. 

20 minutes ago, YHallSaint said:

It seems an odd choice.  Can only assume that they've seen the price of high-rated players crash and decided to go heavy on the players that are going to cost you at least 10k, no matter what.  And of course you're not going to go out and buy a really high rated IF, so you're going to have to go even higher on players to make up for it.

They ain't stupid.

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

I done the Casillas SBC and sold De Gea to pick up Ramos. Only cost 20k with what I had and he's just as good as De Gea and Ramos is fantastic.

Club is looking a bit thin on the ground now though.

Like wise done the SBC.

got rid of courtois as Madrid player and orziola same. Carzola red and then absolute nobody’s I had in my squad.

10 k over both teams. 

Still have oblak as reserve keeper.

gettin extremely bored of the game now. 

Playing with my Dutch team which is. Cl zoet, svensson, scream blind, van dijk, cl tagliafico, sif ziyech, cl de Jong, cl tadic, sif lozano, middle van Nistelrooy, cl bergwijn. scream blind is easily the best cb iv used. Always in the right place and if he's not he has the pace to get into the right place. Van Nistelrooy is ridiculous for me aswell. Iv lost well over 150k since signing him on his price and I don't regret it in the slightest!

image.thumb.png.801413f1bf94262f7321a83187e499ec.png

My none Meta squad. picked the players I like. change to 4-2-3-1 with Dembele going up top.

Sadly Dembele didnt last got enough coins and brought Payet in so Mbappe is the striker now.

P.S I dont use this in WL becuase it simply isnt effective enough. need the OP players to get wins in the sweatfest.

I opened 92 packs this morning - 80 saved from rewards/SBCs and 12 from league upgrades. I knew I wouldn't get a TOTY but didn't do too badly from them, I suppose.

Best packs were Cavani, Lloris, Keylor Navas and Ozil.

The main disappointment was from all those packs I only got 3 informs - Lindelof and 2x Gunn (78 rated GK).

My team is fucking shite compared to others I come up against and I refuse to pay for packs. I seem to batter most teams but everyone’s defence is just solid and they seem to always out muscle or get a last ditch block in.

I basically struggle as I don’t have a decent striker. I’ve got IF Arnautovic just now, the 84 versio. I’ve came up against the 86 version a few times recently and he seems a total beast.

Here’s my shite team at the minute. Any suggestions on where to improve will be much appreciated.

IMG_2832.jpgIMG_2833.jpg