FIFA 19

FifeArab

Absolute dogshite in the WL Fri and Sat but seem. To have turned a corner. Went 4-1 in the qualifying games, which of course meant I got absolutely pummeled afterwards. 10 fucking defeats in a row before I turned it around last night. Picked up 4 wins to bring me to 8-11 going into today. 

Just won 2 in a row, so with 9 to go I just need one win.. One fucking win. I can't wait to see how I f**k this up. 

Needed 3 wins today played two early morning won both then played another earlier and raced into 3-0 lead guy RQ with was ideal. had 9 games left a think but why bother playing on?

WL finished for me wont bother with it again. just not worth it.

Update on Tevez, absolute fire. He’s is electric. Worth doin it IMO.

the weekend league is becoming a farce. The pre determined nature of 75%of games is really starting to wear me down, and also cost me money -£150on 3controllers since 1st of December. Atrocious sometimes.

Got Gold 1 and jacked it. Got 5 games left but like TGIG says the TOTW is piss this week and I’ll take the packs for team of the year. Going to go through the league SbC and icons and get packs saved up but not counting on anything.

Has the player pool not widened significantly this time around?  Last year obviously you needed to win a DKT, which was stressful enough in itself, whereas now anyone who plays enough games gets in.  I was certainly surprised at how shit some of the teams were.  

Anyway, I played on a wee bit after getting Silver 1.  Lost 1 and won 1, told myself that if I won the next one I'd push for Gold 3.  Chesney decided - through no fault of my own of course - to pass straight to their forward in the 92nd minute to give them a 4-3 win.  Balls.  Still, it let me put the WL down with 4 still to go.  Earned enough to enter again next week, but expect I'll leave it a couple.  Don't know how people got through 40 games last year...f**k sake.

EDIT: And on the player picks for WL rewards - are they not based on the next TOTW that comes out on Wednesday?  Given the rewards are Thursday. Or is that projected to be shit as well?

EDIT2: I just saw someone predict it on reddit, and jeeeezo that's poor.  Only one in the entire squad I'd be happy getting would be a potential 2IF Ryan Fraser.  Even if he is playing in the same position as 2IF Forrest.

Edited by forameus

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Has the player pool not widened significantly this time around?  Last year obviously you needed to win a DKT, which was stressful enough in itself, whereas now anyone who plays enough games gets in.  I was certainly surprised at how shit some of the teams were. 

EDIT: And on the player picks for WL rewards - are they not based on the next TOTW that comes out on Wednesday?  Given the rewards are Thursday. Or is that projected to be shit as well?

I’d agree there are a lot more poor players in the weekend league this year (myself included), as anyone can eventually get in. However, when you often feel that you can’t influence the result of the match, regardless of what you do, it doesn’t really matter.

The player picks will be from the new TOTW however it will likely be even worse. La Liga was back this weekend but with the FA Cup in England, and I think none of Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 or the Scottish Premiership played so the player choice will be poor. Add in loads of packs being opened for TOTY and EA wouldn’t have wanted a good team anyway.

It's always a fucking buyers market when I've got no money to buy anything.  Sitting at 12k, so only chance of really building that up is to either sell players at a ridiculous loss or pack something.  f**k that.  I'll just do the Hamilton SBC and pack a TOTY Ronaldo or something...

13 hours ago, HEY_SIDNEY said:

Update on Tevez, absolute fire. He’s is electric. Worth doin it IMO.

the weekend league is becoming a farce. The pre determined nature of 75%of games is really starting to wear me down, and also cost me money -£150on 3controllers since 1st of December. Atrocious sometimes.

You should buy your controller at GAME next time and take the seven quid insurance option. Any time you break one just take it back and get a new one and then pay seven quid to cover the new one.

Opened Elite 2 Squad Battles (2 Mega Packs and Premium Player Pack) no boards at all which is pish but with TOTY the pack weights would have been downgraded so more folk buy packs. those who saved them all up will be screwed come 6pm.

TOTY Forwards and 0% chance of getting any.

Just played a Rivals game with my Bronze squad cause always using the same ones is pish. Matched up against CL Messi, Dybala, Tevez then he subbed on Reus early on. This just just spammed finesse shot and give the ball to Messi once I worked it out I was outplaying him. 3-3 draw he scored in stoppage time at end but I laughed he didnt beat me.

4 hours ago, Sauzee#4 said:

You should buy your controller at GAME next time and take the seven quid insurance option. Any time you break one just take it back and get a new one and then pay seven quid to cover the new one.

Ma mannnnn

found Out about this last night, appreciate the help hopefully won’t need to buy one but next controller will be from there  

Edited by HEY_SIDNEY

1 hour ago, HEY_SIDNEY said:

Ma mannnnn

found Out about this last night, appreciate the help hopefully won’t need to buy one but next controller will be from there  

Comes in handy like. Just been to get a new one myself :lol:

3 hours ago, Shtuggie said:

This game is a joke. Two rare mega packs from elite 1 squad battles and highest rated in each was 82. Squad battles is a total pain as well - never again. 

Yeah it rarely pays out for the hours you have put in for it.