FIFA 19

FifeArab

I'll probably end up completing it at some point, but instead I've splurged all of the coins I made from Maradona pretty much in one go.  

Did the Ibra SBC, sacrificing a few players in the club to complete one part, so think I got it for maybe about 120k?  Not too bad.  Then spent all but about 100k on Nesta and Giggs.  I can't wait to see how badly I defend despite having an all icon back line, and indeed how bad Giggs is compared to James "Look at me, I've nae neck" Forrest.

5c3f5f3ebd0fd_2019-01-1616_43_25-FUTWebApp-EASPORTSOfficialSite.png.e65ceefc0830b306a0ad2b788b476bf7.png

I'll probably end up completing it at some point, but instead I've splurged all of the coins I made from Maradona pretty much in one go.  
Did the Ibra SBC, sacrificing a few players in the club to complete one part, so think I got it for maybe about 120k?  Not too bad.  Then spent all but about 100k on Nesta and Giggs.  I can't wait to see how badly I defend despite having an all icon back line, and indeed how bad Giggs is compared to James "Look at me, I've nae neck" Forrest.
5c3f5f3ebd0fd_2019-01-1616_43_25-FUTWebApp-EASPORTSOfficialSite.png.e65ceefc0830b306a0ad2b788b476bf7.png

That’s a belter of a back line mate. I can’t play with three at the back but I wouldn’t want to be trying to face that

Giggs is shite (or certainly was last year) guaranteed to be sold before 20 games

In the 20 Packs for Prem SBCs

4 Boards Vasquez (real Madrid), Sokratis (Arsenal), Brahimi (Porto) Irralmendi (Real Soci)

2 Walkout Handanovic, Verratti

Absolutely fucking raging. Never get anything of value. My account is rigged.

27 minutes ago, Yonas said:

In the 20 Packs for Prem SBCs

4 Boards Vasquez (real Madrid), Sokratis (Arsenal), Brahimi (Porto) Irralmendi (Real Soci)

2 Walkout Handanovic, Verratti

Absolutely fucking raging. Never get anything of value. My account is rigged.

You got two walkouts my man. I got Pepe, Saul and Alex Telles :lol:

Yeah, two walk-outs isn't bad.

My results from 40 packs, having done the EPL twice:

86 TIF Pepe, Pique, Dzeko, SMS, Walker, Son, Marquinhos, Szczesny, K.Schmeichel, Cuadrado, 4x 83's and an 81 Portuguese IF.

Happy with that lot.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Been able to complete both the English and Dutch SBCs thanks to stocking up on players when I sold Cruyff.  Opened around about 25 packs, picked up Kroos, Ribery and Dzeko twice.  Tempted to leave the rest until Friday to see what this FUT Future Stars is all about. 

55 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Tempted to leave the rest until Friday to see what this FUT Future Stars is all about. 

U23 players getting "projected ratings", think you'll be able to get De Light as 92 rated, Foden will be 88.

Apparently Tierney will get a 91 card.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

U23 players getting "projected ratings", think you'll be able to get De Light as 92 rated, Foden will be 88.

Apparently Tierney will get a 91 card.

Aye, I'd seen that along with Junior 92 rated.  Wasn't sure if it was just going to be those three or if there would be others. 

Probably will just wait until Friday as TOTW with the exception of one or two isn't particularly taking my fancy. 

10 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

Aye, I'd seen that along with Junior 92 rated.  Wasn't sure if it was just going to be those three or if there would be others. 

Probably will just wait until Friday as TOTW with the exception of one or two isn't particularly taking my fancy. 

Squad of 23 players seemingly being released.

Were meant to be different versions of cards, as in a "current", "developing" and "peak" version of the players but I don't know if they're doing that or just using the "peak" version.

I seen people predicting it would start off at say their base card and you worked towards upgrades by doing certain things or hitting certain targets. Like +1 for a striker after hitting x amount of goals. Etc. 

Ive no idea how true that is but plenty chat on Twitter about it.

19 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I seen people predicting it would start off at say their base card and you worked towards upgrades by doing certain things or hitting certain targets. Like +1 for a striker after hitting x amount of goals. Etc. 

Ive no idea how true that is but plenty chat on Twitter about it.

There's a boy on reddit who explained it as..

This idea is very good. I suggested "Fast Forward" Cards. These would be the opposite of a Flashback card for young talents like Vinicius, Alphonso Davies, Chong etc.

Your rank up system would take this idea to another level.

Imagine something like this: You can buy different fast forward players, which start at 77 rating. There are 5 challenges to get them upgrades, which can be completed in 7 days like weekly objectives. Here a possible challenge path for Davies from Bayern Munich:

Level 1: Debut (78 overall) Start your player in one match, while using at least 3 Canadian players.

Level 2: Rising star (79 overall) Gain a man of the match award for your player in an Online Singles Match.

Level 3: Established player (80 overall) Achieve at least 8,0 match rating in 5 Squad Battles games, while starting at least 5 Bundesliga players (Professional or higher)

Level 4: One to remember (82 overall/+1 weak foot) Start your player in 10 Division Rivals wins, while using at least 4 Bayern Munich players.

Level 5: Iconic Week (85 overall/+1 skill moves) Achieve a match rating of 9,0 or higher in 10 Division Rivals wins, while using at least 8 Bundesliga players.

Then there is an SBC available, where you can submit the 85 rated version of Davies to receive a 85 rated Icon Version of him, allowing you to link him to everyone or submit that hard earned card in an Icon SBC.

And seems like people reckon they've had similar in NHL and Madden games.

Are they just determined to release a core of 100 90+ rated cards to make sure that every single team ends up exactly the same?  Ridiculous you're getting base 90+ rated cards for youth players just to try and claw in some more money for EA.

15 hours ago, YHallSaint said:

That’s a belter of a back line mate. I can’t play with three at the back but I wouldn’t want to be trying to face that

Giggs is shite (or certainly was last year) guaranteed to be sold before 20 games

Giggs is actually brilliant.  Maybe just fits into how I want to play, but I've never had any player you can just early-FIFA-style sprint and not get caught up.  Cutting in off the wing he's great.  Will keep him around to see how he develops.

It sounds like it’s potentially a decent idea but it depends on how it’s executed, and I don't have much faith in EA in that regard.

It is a slightly flawed logic that you could end up with a Phil Foden card with the same rating as Pogba, despite the fact that Foden’s barely played a dozen first team games in real life.

It also depends on player selection. If Tierney is the only Scottish player it would be disappointing (though not surprising), given he already has a league SBC card. Surely someone like Scott McKenna would be a better choice, to have another option to play alongside Tierney, and you could work towards getting his rating to mid-to-low 80’s (ie vaguely useable).

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Are they just determined to release a core of 100 90+ rated cards to make sure that every single team ends up exactly the same?  Ridiculous you're getting base 90+ rated cards for youth players just to try and claw in some more money for EA.
Giggs is actually brilliant.  Maybe just fits into how I want to play, but I've never had any player you can just early-FIFA-style sprint and not get caught up.  Cutting in off the wing he's great.  Will keep him around to see how he develops.

How’s Nesta? Was thinking about getting him

They will be progressive I would imagine, Madden and nhl has a similar idea. Can’t see them bringing 90+ rated cards out straight away.

Got the same three players twice for my red picks this week, took Williams and Juanfran going to save my packs for tomorrow