Early League Predictions

Here are my final predictions!  I know people don't like predictions, I am not one of those people

1. Celtic - No way any team in the Premiership will get close this year, still too strong, too well managed.  Stronger in pretty much every position than any other team in the league

2. Rangers* - I debated in my head about whether or not to put Aberdeen in this position but it looks as though Sevco have sorted out some of their defensive worries and look to be more solid in the midfield.   I don't think they will be any closer to Celtic, but they should be able to pip second

3. Aberdeen - Despite losing a couple of important players from last year, Aberdeen still look to be very solid, at least if the Burnley game is anything to go by.  They may not be the most exciting team but they should still be able to keep right in the 2-4 group

4. Hibernian - I predict Hibs will be the most entertaining team in the league to watch, an exciting forward line and midfield combined with a defence corps that features Steven Whittaker and Efe Ambrose is guaranteed box office stuff.  That being said I don't see that Hibs have the depth to move forward from last year

5. Kilmarnock - Despite losing Mulumbu, Killie still have a very solid core with some younger players that are constantly improving under Steve Clarke.  I don't think they have enough to catch the top 4, but will still be in the top half IMHO

6. Heart of Midlothian - This was a tough one to call for me but despite having signed a ton of players on top of the ton of players they already had I just don't see them being able to move forward.  A lot of the new players will turn out to be lousy and keeping players happy will be tough.

7. St. Johnstone - I like the recruitment they have done, Matty Kennedy in particular catches my eye and if Tony Watt keeps his focus he could be a good signing for Saints.  That being said depth is still a question mark and some of the ageing players are still in the squad. 

8. Motherwell - Well looked good in the Cup, but I am not really impressed by their signings so far.  They could very well do better and challenge for the top 6 but I don't seem them being any better than St. Johnstone

9. Dundee - An eclectic signing policy will be a gamble for Neil McCann, but like Motherwell I just don't see it being enough to press on and challenge for the top 6

10. St. Mirren - A slow start to the League Cup looked troublesome but they still have a lot of players from last season and some good looking loan signings should mean that the buddies stay up.  Will be tight

11. Hamilton Academical - I've made the mistake of tipping Accies for automatic relegation each of the last few years and each year they have survived so I don't dare pick them to finish bottom this year!  That being said they have lost a lot of key players and the jury is very much still out on their new arrivals.  Expect it to be a long old year for them.

12. Livingston - They managed to get through the group of the League Cup, but it appears as though goals will be tough to come by for them this year, with the aging Millers (Kenny and Lee) likely to struggle to break into double figures this year and we will have to wait to see if Ryan Hardie can score regularly at this level.  Livi's other signings shout "championship level" and I feel as though that's where they will end up at the end of the season

1st. Celtic (exciting)
2nd. Aberdeen
3rd. Rangers
4th. Hearts
5th. Hibs
6th. Motherwell
7th. Kilmarnock
8th. St. Johnstone
9th. Dundee (screams hopeful, doesn't it?)
10th. St. Mirren
11th. Hamilton Accies
12th. Livingston

Rangers were a shambles for a fair chunk of last season, yet still only missed out on 2nd place because Celtic phoned it in against Aberdeen on the last day. 

I don't think they'll get anywhere near Celtic, but with Gerrard at the helm and a few decent signings, I now think they'll be comfortably 2nd. 

Should be a very good battle for 3rd between Aberdeen and Hibs. 

28 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

:lol: 

There may be a day I select Hibs to finish above Hearts.  Today is not that day.

I'm sure some may call it petty to blindly disregard Hibs, I'd call it, well petty I guess but it's not changing.

Mental that anyone is predicting anything but bottom for us. We’re probably the least prepared side for a season in the Premiership since Gretna.

If, and it’s a big if, Hardie can get us goals then we’re in with a chance. If not, it could be a long season.

1    Celtic               No champions league group stage for Celtic.
2   Rangers           RFC run CFC close to league championship.

3   Hibs                  Hibs and Hearts to be well behind the gruesome twosome but well 
4   Hearts              ahead of the chasing pack, and will be close for 3rd spot. 

5   Aberdeen         AFC stadium will be delayed with court appeals, McInnes will leave 
6   Kilmarnock       mid season after going out of Europe before league starts, and 
7   Motherwell       knocked out of LCup by St Mirren in a replay. AFC, KFC, MFC &
8   St Mirren          SMFC to battle it out for top six, well ahead of the 9th place team.

9   St Johnstone   SJFC & DFC to pull away from bottom two places late in the season.
10  Dundee

11   Livingston       LFC to marginally beat HFC to 11th, but lose to Ross Co in play off.
12   Hamilton         HFC's luck to runs out. 

4 minutes ago, Deja vu said:

1    Celtic               No champions league group stage for Celtic.
2   Rangers           RFC run CFC close to league championship.

3   Hibs                  Hibs and Hearts to be well behind the gruesome twosome but well 
4   Hearts              ahead of the chasing pack, and will be close for 3rd spot. 

5   Aberdeen         AFC stadium will be delayed with court appeals, McInnes will leave 
6   Kilmarnock       mid season after going out of Europe before league starts, and 
7   Motherwell       knocked out of LCup by St Mirren in a replay. AFC, KFC, MFC &
8   St Mirren          SMFC to battle it out for top six, well ahead of the 9th place team.

9   St Johnstone   SJFC & DFC to pull away from bottom two places late in the season.
10  Dundee

11   Livingston       LFC to marginally beat HFC to 11th, but lose to Ross Co in play off.
12   Hamilton         HFC's luck to runs out. 

EXCe.gif

5 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

EXCe.gif

It'll be close though, you'll have Dundee and St J sweating for a while, but alas no, Livy pip you by a point. Which maybe just as well, cause Ross Co, walk the play offs and wipe Livy in final play off. 

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

People keep saying that our 'luck is going to run out'.

What luck exactly? What specific pieces of luck have contributed to us staying up for all these seasons?

FWIW, I have no problem with people thinking we'll get relegated.

Yep,  it's hardly luck that there's always at least 1 team worse than you lot every season.

9 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

People keep saying that our 'luck is going to run out'.

What luck exactly? What specific pieces of luck have contributed to us staying up for all these seasons?

FWIW, I have no problem with people thinking we'll get relegated.

3 consecutive seasons in the bottom 3 and staying up kinda luck. Not to be confused with the Dun Utd luck in not being promoted, to save them face from going straight back down.